Have you ever colored your hair only to realize how disastrous it was? You are not alone. When something like that happens, most of us opt for expensive hair removal products. But how far are they safe and effective?
This is where baking soda comes into play, which is one of the best hair color removal products out there. Also, it helps remove your hair color as quickly as possible.
So, would you like to know how to remove hair color with baking soda? Keep reading this post to know!
How To Use Baking Soda To Remove Hair Color
Removing hair color with baking soda does not take too much time or trouble. Here are the things you need:
- Anti-dandruff shampoo
- Baking soda
To quickly remove the color from your hair, follow the steps given below:
First, wash your hair with the anti-dandruff shampoo. Pick a product that has a high pH level as it will help remove the color from your hair. Rinse well.
Take equal parts of baking soda and the shampoo in the bowl. Stir well with the spoon so that they are properly mixed.
[ Read: Hair Color Remover Available In India ]
Massage your hair with the mixture. Start from the roots and make your way to the tips. Make sure that each strand is covered with the mixture.
Leave the shampoo-baking soda mixture on your hair for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse it off well.
Wash your hair again with the anti-dandruff shampoo and leave it on for a few minutes before you rinse it off.
After that, condition your hair as usual.
As you can see, it does not take much to remove your hair color, especially when you use baking soda. You do not need to go for expensive hair color removal treatments when you have this everyday ingredient. It will save you money, and, needless to say, it does not damage your hair like the other chemical treatments do.
Other Ways Of Removing Hair Dye
This is the most common method used for hair color removal, and also the harshest. Since it can damage your hair, it is best to opt for this method only as a last resort, if you have not got the desired result with other methods. Bleaching hair that is already lightened can cause severe damage to it. Hence, bleaching is effective when you need to remove permanent hair color.
2. Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
If you did not know already, an anti-dandruff shampoo is a great option when you want to remove hair color. It works well on semi-permanent color, but you will need to wash a couple of times before you see the results. It is important to always use a conditioner when you use this method as an anti-dandruff shampoo can make your hair quite dry.
3. Vitamin C Treatment
This method works well on semi-permanent hair color. All you need to do is mix effervescent Vitamin C tablets and shampoo. You will need 1 or 2 tablets of 1,000 mg each. You can also use 1 or 2 grams of Vitamin C powder, but the tablets work better. Mix the crushed tablets with shampoo and apply on hair, making sure that you cover each strand. Leave it on for 20 minutes at the longest and then rinse.
4. Bath Salts
Yes, you can use bath salts that contain sodium bicarbonate and Epsom salts to remove unwanted hair color. It is great for semi-permanent hair dyes. All you need to do is draw a bath, add the bath salts, and then soak your hair in the water. Leave it on for as long as possible. If your hair has a lot of pigment, you will actually see the color seeping out. This is an easy and affordable way to remove hair color that you do not want.
5. Color Removers
These products are easily available and are great for removing permanent hair colors. There are two types of color removers – color reducers and color strippers. The first is the best as it does minimal damage to your hair. On the other hand, color strippers work like bleach, and hence, it is best to avoid them. When you use a color reducer, you make sure that your hair’s natural color is not meddled with, and only the dye is stripped off. When using this product, make sure you follow the instructions given by the manufacturer very carefully.
You do not always need to go for expensive salon hair color removal treatments. You can remove unwanted hair color at home using simple methods with easy-to-get ingredients. All you need to do is make sure that you know your hair type and pick a method that will do the least damage to your hair. You should also remember to use a conditioner after a treatment to make sure that your hair is soft and smooth. With these tips in mind, you can go ahead and remove color from your hair with ease.
Removing dye from your hair is no longer an uphill task. The next time you want to take that color off your hair, whether it is time to color again or because you do not like the color, simply try one of these steps! They are bound to work!
A Few Tips To Remember Other Ways Of Removing Hair Dye
- The first wash will not remove the color from your hair completely. In many cases, a couple of washes are required to make sure that there is no trace of hair color left. For removing semi-permanent hair color more effectively, use water that is as hot as you can tolerate. It will make your hair a little dry, but the conditioner will help prevent that and make your hair soft and smooth.
- The quicker you remove the hair color, the better. Experts recommend removing color from your hair within three days after coloring, as the color would not have set in yet.
- Always use a conditioner when you use hair color removal products. As mentioned earlier, a conditioner keeps your hair from becoming dry and brittle because of hot water and instead, makes it soft. It also protects your hair from damage.
- When you remove hair color with baking powder or any other product, it is best to leave your hair untreated for a while. Using another treatment too soon can damage your hair. Experts recommend waiting for at least three days before using any other hair treatment.
Getting rid of unwanted hair color is no longer a major problem. When you have baking soda, you can do it easily without having to go to a salon. Forget about spending money on professional hair color removal products, and use baking soda to do it easily at home.
Have you tried any of these methods to remove hair color earlier? How did it help you? Do tell us by commenting in the box below.
- 23 Creative Uses Of Baking Soda You Never Knew
- 5 Simple Ways To Prevent Hair Color From Staining Skin
- How To Make Lemon And Baking Soda Mask?
- Can Baking Soda Whiten Your Underarms?
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 8 Marvelous Benefits Of Cottage Cheese - September 1, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- A to Z Of Diverticulitis Diet - August 27, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015