All of us dream of having healthy, shiny and beautiful locks – hair that would be our crowning glory! Unfortunately, hair fall has become a nagging problem nowadays. Hair loss is a common issue that affects millions around the world. Though it is painless, it can be a distressing experience to lose hair on a daily basis, considering that women associate hair with beauty. No one wants to go bald (men accept it as a natural result of aging) or look old at a young age.
How many times have you seen your comb or brush covered with hair and worried?
Hair fall can even occur while oiling or shampooing. According to beauty experts, it is normal to lose about 100 strands of hair in a day. Beyond this count, it may be considered as severe hair fall.
Before we get into the causes, there are a few major myths about hair loss in women that are very prevalent. Allow us to dispel them first.
Myths Concerning Hair Fall
There Is Something Genetically Wrong With You
Let’s us make this very clear. Having hair loss doesn’t indicate that there is something wrong within your two ‘X’ chromosomes. You are still completely a woman, and you need to keep believing in that.
Washing Your Hair Too Often
The next time someone gives this to you as a reason, please feel free to laugh at them. Hair wash, when done unnecessarily, can cause dryness and brittleness, but it certainly isn’t the cause for the extensive hair loss you are experiencing.
No brushing doesn’t make you bald. It will make your hair frizzy if you brush too much but you won’t go bald. That is a given. But it Is definitely not going to rip the hair of your head so calm down about that.
Coloring And Hair Treatments
We all like to have some fun with our hairstyles. So we color and perm and straighten as and when we want. Keep at it. It is not going cause you to develop extreme hair loss unless you’re already prone to it.
Shaving Your Head
Shave your head if you please. But if you’re expecting your hair to be thicker when it grows, you will be disappointed.
Explaining the reasons for hair fall will need us to take a small detour into the different stages of hair growth. So bear with us for just a little bit more, please.
Stages in Hair Growth
Hair growth has some stages. Just like any other biological thing, so no surprises there. The growth cycle alternates between two stages, the anagen, and the telogen.
Stage 1: Anagen
This is the phase when the hair grows out from the follicles, and the shaft is continuously constructed for the length to increase. This phase lasts about three years in most people. So it is viewed as the growth phase.
Stage 2: Telogen
This is the second and last phase i.e. the resting phase wherein the hair stops growing and is just there until the new hair growing out of the same follicle doesn’t push it out. And therefore the name, the resting phase.
It is a part of the cycle where about 15 to 20% of your hair is always in resting but due to certain factors. Sometimes a significant chunk of your hair that shouldn’t be resting jumps to the resting phase, and this is what results in hair loss or hair fall.
As we have already mentioned before, hair loss happens to both men and woman alike. They only difference lies in the pattern. So let’s now move on to the patterns and the causes of hair fall and loss in women. Yes, we are finally here!
Patterns Of Hair Fall – Types Of Hair Loss
Pattern 1: Telogen Effluvium
If you’re a woman and have been experiencing a sudden loss of hair on your scalp and all over the body, then you have the very common telogen effluvium.
Telogen Effluvium is a type of hormonal imbalance. A sudden hormonal imbalance can be triggered due to several health conditions like major surgery, pregnancy, stress, and rapid weight gain or weight loss. This type of hair loss may not lead to baldness necessarily. However, one will experience massive hair loss while brushing, shampooing, or washing the hair.
The hormonal imbalance may also be a consequence of certain medications. Medicines falling under the category of antidepressants, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and beta-blockers are likely to cause excessive hair loss. During such a medical condition, the hair follicles shift to the ‘resting’ phase from the ‘growing’ phase. Consequently, new hair stops growing all of a sudden. Quite naturally, the dearth of hair is not fulfilled properly, as the hair follicle shifts to a resting phase.
Pattern 2: Androgenic Alopecia
This is a pattern that is affected by the hormonal levels in the body. This is caused by an enzyme DHT that is released by the androgen in both men and women. This leads to the thinning of the hair follicles over a period and generally happens with age. The thinning pattern, however, is different in women. They don’t show a receding hair line but overall thinning over the scalp but mostly over the top and sides.
What Causes Hair Fall?
Here is a list of reasons for sudden hair loss in women especially.
1. Hereditary Factors
The most common cause leading to premature baldness is the hormones. It is mainly a hereditary condition that is known as male-pattern baldness or female pattern baldness. Continuous researches made on hair fall have proved that certain sex hormones, both in men and women cause a particular type of permanent hair loss. This pattern is, however, more susceptible in men. Typically, the signs of this kind of hair loss may begin from the days of puberty. While hair thinning is the initial symptom, this may end with premature baldness within the 30’s. This may be marked under the category of hereditary disorders. If your father or grandfather had a history of baldness, you are more susceptible to premature baldness.
2. Hormonal Changes
Hormonal changes in the body increase the sensitivity of hair follicles, weaken hair roots and cause the hair strands to fall. Menopause, Ovarian cyst, hypothyroid, hyperthyroid, etc. bring about changes in the hormonal balance. This eventually leads to hair loss.
Most women, during, and post pregnancy, experience frequent dehydration, fatigue and hormonal imbalance. This causes increased sensitivity of the hair and follicles. It also creates dryness of the scalp. All of these factors together lead to chronic hair fall.
[ Read: Hair loss ]
4. Physical And Mental Stress
Persistent illness, drastic and excessive weight loss and extreme physical labor can cause the body to get dehydrated and exhausted. This can make the hair follicles undernourished and weak and cause rapid hair loss.
5. Scalp Infection
Fungal, bacterial and viral infections like seborrhea dermatitis, psoriasis, ringworm infection in the scalp can weaken the roots. This damages the hair follicles, thereby causing thinning, breakage and hair fall.
6. Alopecia Areata
Alopecia Areata is the name of an autoimmune disease that tends to trigger the hair follicles. More than 8 million people in the world are affected by this disorder every year. The cause of this particular disorder is still unexplained. However, some experts perceive that exhaustion, stress, and other health disorders may be a cause of this particular type of baldness. The patients of alopecia Areata tend to experience partial hairlessness, which may eventually lead to a baldhead. Men are more prone to this disorder.
[ Read: Permanent Cures To Treat Hair Loss ]
7. Medication And Treatments
Certain medical conditions call for treatments and surgeries that help to cure the ailment. While these treat your condition, their side effects can often damage the hair follicles and cause rapid hair fall. Treatments like chemotherapy to treat cancer, intake of steroids and medication for typhoid, heart diseases, depression, etc. are known to be responsible for extreme hair fall, to the extent of causing baldness.
Hyperthyroidism is probably the most prominent factor often causing premature baldness or extreme hair loss. Both the abnormal thyroid conditions naming hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism might lead to such a consequence. In addition to hair loss, imbalance of thyroid hormone might cause other physical disorders as well. Some of the common conditions include fatigue, weight gain or weight loss, constipation, chronic depression, and mood swings. Fortunately, hair loss due to thyroid imbalance can be controlled by medication.
Excessive shampooing, dyeing, stressful styling, applying chemical products, heat styling and using other hair treatment tools can damage and weaken the hair and thus cause hair fall.
10. Iron Deficiency, Anaemia And Blood Loss
Deficiency of red blood cells in the body or anemia, sudden loss of blood and insufficiency of iron in the body causes fatigue, weakness, headache and hair loss.
11. Crash Diets And Malnutrition
Insufficient intake of nutrients and following an unhealthy and unbalanced diet can cause malnourishment in the body. This leads to dehydration of the scalp and hair, and can trigger excessive hair fall.
Hair loss due to chemotherapy is the worst side effect of chemo treatments. Chemotherapy affects all the cells in your body, thus causing thinning or falling of the hair.
13. Over treating Your hair
Nothing goes unnoticed, and If you have been over treating your hair, you will see the signs. Don’t overdo straightening and styling!
Top Causes Of Premature Hair Loss
The commonly noticed causes of premature hair fall vary from person to person. Sometimes, external causes like environmental pollution are equally responsible for drastic hair loss. Nevertheless, some serious medical conditions are the fundamental factors leading to premature baldness in most of the patients. Check out some of the top factors that might cause premature hair loss in women and men.
- Breakage of hair due to medicinal treatments, hair twisting, or hair shaft abnormalities
- Skin disorders and infections causing scars and wounds to the hair follicles
- Autoimmune disorders
- Hormonal imbalance, such as fluctuations in the thyroid hormone, and too much testosterone
- Deficiency of iron and zinc
- Deficiency of vitamins like Vitamin B or Biotin and other vitamins
- Certain medications like laser therapy, beta blockers, or chemotherapy
- Sexually transmitted infections such as Syphilis
- Surgery, childbirth, or any major ailment
Types Of Drugs That May Lead To Thinning Hair Include
2. Diet pills
3. Birth control pills
4. Thyroid medicines
6. Aspirin and other types of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
7. Aleve or ibuprofen
8. Gemfibrozil, clofibrate, and other cholesterol medicines
9. Ulcer medications such as ranitidine, famotidine, etc.
Major Symptoms Of Female Pattern Baldness
Female pattern baldness is strikingly different from the male pattern baldness. The primary symptoms of female pattern baldness include the following:
- Hair thinning in female pattern baldness is observed mainly on the top and on the crown area. Balding starts with the widening of the center hair part.
- The front hairline remains unaffected in most patients.
- The hair loss may be acute, but it does not lead to complete or near total baldness, as it does in men
- More hair loss due to bathing and combing
If you are stressed out due to some reason, consider doing meditation, yoga or deep breathing exercises as they help in hair fall control. Also, make it a point to get adequate sleep every night.
Any underlying medical issue should be taken care of to avoid severe hair fall that can lead to baldness. Thyroid issues is a common problem affecting many women, and this condition may result in rapid hair fall. So consider getting a thyroid test done after consulting your doctor.
Here is a detailed post on what causes hair loss in women.
Diagnosis And Tests
Female pattern baldness is diagnosed based on certain parameters. They are:
- Ruling out other factors leading to hair loss
- The pattern and appearance of hair loss
- Medical history of the patient
Experts look into the symptoms of excessive male hormones like androgen, while diagnosing female pattern baldness. These symptoms include the following.
- Abnormal hair growth on the face and between the belly button and pubic area
- Enlargement of the clitoris and abnormal changes in menstrual periods
- Acne and pimples
A skin biopsy is often undertaken in addition to other blood examinations to diagnose certain skin disorders that might affect hair loss.
Easy Tips To Reduce Hair Fall
Now, let us look at some easy tips on how to stop hair fall:
- Evaluate the extent of the problem first.
- Find the areas where hair thinning is most prominent.
- Try to monitor how much hair you lose whenever you comb or shampoo.
- Check with your physician whether any other medical condition is the reason for hair thinning. Discuss problems like infection, lupus, blood pressure, diabetes, etc.
- A wide-toothed comb should ideally be used to detangle the hair gently and then the regular fine-toothed comb may be used to style the hair as per one’s need. This will reduce the risk of hair breakage and hair fall while combing.
- It is best not to comb the hair while it is wet as this leads to greater chances of hair breakage and fall. Let it be dry or semi-dry before combing.
[ Read: Hair Breakage Prevention Home Remedies ]
- Do not rub your hair vigorously with the towel. This will only lead to unwanted hair breakage. Use the towel instead to gently soak out the excess moisture.
- Clean your combs every week. If you look closely, you will see that combs become dirty over time; so they need to be cleaned with a brush, soap, and water as using a dirty comb continuously can lead to hair fall as well. You can do this easily while taking a bath or shampooing each week. This is a necessary precaution to take for hair fall control.
- Hot oil treatment is one of the best answers to address the problem of hair fall!
The tradition of oiling the hair to enhance and retain its natural beauty hails from ancient India.
Instead of opting for an expensive parlor treatment, it is best to use natural products that are safe, produce no side effects and are also effective.
Natural oils such as coconut, olive, canola, jojoba, sesame, etc. can be used to massage the scalp for countering hair fall and encouraging new hair growth. You have to warm the oil of your choice by heating it. Ensure that it’s not too hot but bearable. Gently massage your scalp using your fingers or a cotton ball. Next, wear a shower cap, leave it on for about 1 hour and rinse off using a mild shampoo.
Here is a detailed post on how hot oil massage prevents hair loss.
As we know, hair fall problems can be related to the scalp – issues such as dandruff, dryness, and flakiness, etc. With a natural hot oil treatment twice every week, the blood circulation in the scalp area can be stimulated, causing the hair follicles to stay active. Hair loss can be countered through deep conditioning and eliminating these scalp issues, and, at the same time, your hair receives the much-needed nourishment and care that will help in strengthening and making it beautiful.
- Try to switch to shampoos that are sulfate, silicone and paraben-free to avoid loading the scalp and hair with harsh chemicals that damage the hair, making it brittle and more prone to breakage. Controlling the chemical damage is certainly a sure shot way to ensure hair loss prevention.
A few such products are available from brands like The Body Shop, Soul Tree, Rustic Art, Organic Surge, The Nature’s Co., etc.
- Wash your hair at least every three days with a gentle hair cleanser or shampoo to remove all the accumulated dust, dirt, oil and bacteria build up. Keep it clean at all times to avoid hair fall due to an unclean scalp and infections. This is a necessary step to follow as an answer to how to prevent hair fall.
Other Simple Tips To Stop Hair Loss
If you have been wondering what more you can do in your quest to control hair fall, here are few more suggestions.
- Do not subject your hair to frequent chemical treatments, excessive blow drying, ironing and coloring as these can lead to hair loss.
- Hairstyles such as wearing tight ponytails, pigtails or braids on a daily basis, using elastics and rubber bands to pull back hair tightly, can cause hair fall.
- You can drink natural juices to counter hair fall. An ingredient from our kitchen that can effectively help to tackle hair fall problems is the good old onion.
- Avoid crash diets.
- Resort to natural hair care remedies and hair packs.
- Eliminate dandruff and other scalp infections by using anti-dandruff shampoo and medication.
- Practice yoga and meditation to relieve stress and tension.
- Resort to mild medication.
- Consult a dermatologist or healthcare provider in time for appropriate treatments to cure hair fall issues.
- Minoxidil can be found in Rogaine for women. This solution can be applied topically. This may cure hair loss in young women. This has to be used daily as stopping this can give rise to the problem again.
- Hair restoration systems are a bonding method. In this, hair is attached to your scalp.
- You can use wigs if you suffer from a lot of hair loss.
- Hair transplant is a surgical procedure. In this method, hair follicles are taken from the neck area and transplanted on the hair.
- Provillus for women is a DHT blocker that works in some young women who have been suffering from severe hair loss.
It is a fantastic natural remedy to fight hair fall and also effectively increase the hair growth.
[ Read: Onion For Hair Growth ]
- Eat healthy to minimize and prevent hair fall. Give importance to a balanced diet to counter hair loss; this is one of the best ways to avoid hair fall. Nutritional deficiencies in the body are one of the leading causes of hair loss.
A couple of simple exercises, especially those which can be performed on an inversion table, are extremely helpful for increasing the blood flow to the scalp and promoting better hair growth. Excessive hair loss can often be a result of heredity, bad diets, and stress. It is this last that exercise helps in reducing.
Stress-busting workouts induce greater production of sebum, which is an oily substance the scalp produces to moisten hair and prevent its drying out. Postures and exercises which allow you to invert your head are particularly useful in stimulating the cells of the scalp to utilize the greater oxygen carried by increased blood flow, to produce more sebum.
28. External application of substances
There have been reams and reams of paper dedicated to how oiling your hair overnight can make a difference. Well, it is true. Though you may not like the idea of having the sticky substance rubbed onto your scalp, application of oils like almond, coconut, castor seeds among others can help your hair in the long term. Leaving your hair oiled overnight provides enough time for each strand to be coated and for the nourishment of the scalp. Dandruff and dead cells are loosened by the movement of your fingers, and can be removed easily with shampoo the next day.
If you are not keen on the idea of oiling your hair overnight, you can always apply oil an hour before bathing. Warm oils are preferred because they can penetrate into the pores of the scalp more easily and increases the flow of blood in the area. Make sure that you get each strand and particularly in the base of each strand. Strengthening the roots of your hair is all that is needed for long, shiny and gorgeous hair.
29. Can You shampoo every day?
Whether shampooing every day is a good idea or not has been a question that has vexed people for years. Well, you finally have an answer. Mild shampoos don’t affect your hair much. All they do is cleanse your scalp and hence you can shampoo every day. However, sometimes, stronger shampoos contain chemicals which may harm your hair. Thus, it is imperative that you have a good look at what elements constitute your shampoo before applying it. The same logic applies to conditioners. These form a coating around each strand of hair allowing them to appear glossy and nourished. They prevent the drying of hair and can be used every day. But neither shampoo nor a conditioner will repair damaged hair or promote greater production of hair. For that, more internal and intangible factors come into play.
Iron-rich foods that are rich in zinc, Vitamins A, B complex, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, omega-3 fatty acids, and proteins should be consumed. These foods help to overcome these deficiencies, add moisture to your hair, leading to a healthier scalp, lesser hair fall, and fewer split ends and, at the same time, give you hair that is thick and strong. This is a long-term and effective way to cure hair fall.
Consider adding more of these to your diet – carrots, oats, whole grains, brown rice, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, lentils, sweet potatoes, pumpkin seeds, oysters, nuts such as walnuts and almonds, flaxseed oil (Linseed oil) or grounded flaxseeds, fish such as salmon and tuna that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, eggs, beans, yogurt, low-fat cheese.
- What we eat plays an important role in how our hair is affected. Increased intake of fruits and vegetables, and most importantly, lots of water, is bound to affect hair growth beneficially.
- Excessive hair loss causes by increased intake of fatty foods, fizzy drinks, and excessive carbohydrates.
- A protein rich diet is needed for increased hair growth, and a diet which is high in Vitamin E and Omega 3, as well as Omega 6 fatty acids, can stop excessive hair fall. These are some of the things you might keep in mind before you bite into your next hamburger.
Do not forget to drink plenty of water throughout the day to flush out all harmful toxins from your body.
How To Get Rid Of Hair Thinning Through Treatments
It may not be possible in all cases to get rid of hair thinning by using the natural means. You need to consult a physician or may have to opt for some advanced treatment to regain hair.
When it comes to hair fall treatments, you would easily get confused which to follow. Stores are flooding with anti hair fall products each claiming to be the best. Avoid such confusion and consult a dermatologist for an effective solution. Applying oils and ointments may not come to any use, without proper medication.
To name some of the effective treatments for hair thinning, you can opt for hair implantation. The procedure is also known as hair transplant, which is a popular method for treating hair thinning. This therapeutic intervention often leads to a permanent solution.
Home DIY Solutions For Hair Fall
Homemade hair masks are an inexpensive and a very useful option when the question is how to control hair fall without exposing your hair to any harmful chemicals. They help to strengthen easily, nourish and beautify your hair with suggested use.
[ Read: Simple Beauty Tips For Hair ]
31. DIY homemade hair mask is perfect for combating thinning hair
- Freshly prepared strong green tea (good quality)
- 1 egg yolk
How To Prepare
- Take 1 egg yolk in a clean bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of freshly prepared green tea to it.
- Green tea will be hot, so be careful.
- Mix well until such a frothy and creamy consistency is acquired as seen in the image. If it becomes too thick, you can add more green tea to dilute it.
[ Read: Avocado Homemade Hair Mask ]
How To Apply
Part your hair from the center and apply this hair mask. Wear a shower cap. Leave this on for about 30 minutes to allow it to complete its course of action. Rinse well followed by a shampoo and conditioner as usual.
Why Is This Useful?
The increasingly popular drink, green tea, is loaded with antioxidants which help in preventing hair fall and boost hair growth. Eggs have been used for hundreds of years to achieve healthy and beautiful hair. Being packed with protein, essential vitamins, and nutrients, the egg yolk is an excellent ingredient for the prevention of hair fall and also for boosting hair growth.
- Use this hair mask at least thrice weekly to get rid of brittle hair, dry and damaged hair and hair fall problems.
32. Simple and easy DIY for arresting hair fall and inducing new hair growth:
- Almond Oil – 40 ml
- Coconut Oil – 40 ml
- Castor Oil – 10 ml
- Aroma Magic Stimulate Oil – 5 ml
- Aroma Magic Lavender Oil – 5ml
- Vitamin E capsules – 3 capsules
This is to make a 100 ml mixture. You will also require an empty bottle for storing it and a measuring cap to take the required quantities.
You can use any one of the following brands:
Divya Badam Rogan Almond Oil (from Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali), Patanjali Tejus 100% Pure Coconut Oil, Castor oil from a local brand, Evion Capsules (Vitamin E) and the two oils mentioned from Aroma Magic.
How To Prepare
1. Mix the above-mentioned quantities of Almond, Coconut and Castor oil.
2. Now add 5ml each of Stimulate Oil and Lavender Oil.
3. Slit open and squeeze 3 Vitamin E capsules into the mixture.
4. Shake the mixture well and store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
How To Apply
- Massage on the entire scalp and hair for about 10 minutes on alternate days.
- Leave overnight and wash off with shampoo.
Use this remedy for hair fall with patience and I am sure you will see the results very soon.
Treatments To Stop Hair Fall
33. Hair Spa
This is one of the most commonly used treatments for hair loss. Not only is this a relaxing experience, but hair spa treatment also has a lot of benefits as listed below:
- It is meant to deep condition the hair, treat split ends and repair dry, damaged and dull hair as well as remove dandruff that is another cause of hair fall.
- It provides essential nourishment to the hair roots, fortifies the hair follicles and revitalizes the scalp, thus making way for newer hair growth and countering hair fall.
- It prevents scalp aging and stimulates the blood circulation in the scalp area through the massage, helps in maintaining clean scalp and hair, thus leading to healthier hair and reduced to no hair fall.
- It also brings a welcome relief from stress and tension.
Many beauty parlors and hair salons offer hair spa therapy, and it is wonderful to indulge yourself in this treatment once or twice a month to combat hair fall and get bouncy, smooth and beautiful hair. Charges will, of course, vary from one parlor to the other.
34. Minoxidil (Rogaine)
This is one of the most effective, FDA-approved and commonly prescribed medications from doctors worldwide for arresting hair fall and treating alopecia-related problems.
[ Read: Rogaine For Hair Loss ]
35. Laser Therapy
[ Read: Laser Therapy To Fight Hair Loss ]
Best Anti-Hair Fall Products
Here’s a look at some of the best anti-hair fall products available in the Indian market:
36. Trichup Hair Fall Control Oil
Buy Trichup Hair Fall Control Oil For ₹ 199.00 @ www.amazon.in/trichup-hair-fall-control-oil
A popular and commonly used anti-hair fall product, this is known to arrest hair fall, strengthen and nourish the hair roots and encourage new hair growth. It also protects the hair from environmental factors, and chemical-induced damage improves the hair texture and repairs the hair, making it strong and bouncy.
Directions For Use
- Cleanse off the hair with Trichup Hair Fall Control Shampoo.
- After thorough drying, gently massage this oil into the scalp using your fingertips until it gets absorbed into the skin.
- Keep overnight for better results.
- Repeat 2 – 3 times a week for a minimum of 4-6 weeks.
37. Dove Hair Fall Rescue Treatment
Buy Dove Hair Fall Rescue Treatment For ₹ 596.00 @ www.amazon.in/dove-hair-fall-rescue-treatment
The Dove Hair Fall Rescue Treatment contains patented Trichozole active with ginseng and soy protein to help combat hair fall in only 2 weeks.
It has the following benefits for the hair:
- Strengthens and nourishes each hair strand from the root, reducing damage.
- Locks the hair firmly in its place, giving freedom from hair fall.
Directions For Use
- Wash the hair as usual and towel dry.
- Break open the flat nozzle cap and apply the lotion directly on a clean scalp.
- Make a series of partings and apply the lotion evenly onto the scalp.
- Massage the lotion for 2-3 minutes to let it penetrate into the roots of your hair.
- Use the entire content of one vial for each application and leave it until the next wash. Style as usual (must be left on for at least for 8 hours).
- For best results, apply on a clean scalp soon after towel dry & use every two days.
38. Parachute Advansed Scalp Therapie
Buy Parachute Advansed Scalp Therapie For ₹ 245.00 @ www.amazon.in/parachute-advansed-scalp-therapie
Formulated with Active Protein Complex and tested by dermatologists, this penetrates into the roots of the hair, provides essential nourishment to the hair follicles, replenishes hair, heals damage and controls hair fall. Here is a detailed review of Parachute Advansed Scalp Therapie.
Directions For Use
- Pour 5-6 ml of Parachute Advansed Scalp Therapie into your palm. For longer hair, you may use 8-10 ml.
- Gently massage it into your scalp for about 4-5 minutes.
- Leave it on your scalp overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Parachute Advansed Scalp Therapie should be used at least 3 times a week, and for best results, should be used daily.
[ Read: Home Remedies For Oily & Greasy Hair ]
39. TRESemmé Hair Fall Defense Shampoo
Buy TRESemmé Hair Fall Defense Shampoo For ₹ 306.00 @ www.amazon.in/tresemme-hair-fall-defense-shampoo
Reasonably priced, this shampoo from TRESemmé has gained a lot of attention as it has been found to be useful against hair fall. It is gentle enough for daily use; it strengthens and restores health to damaged hair and prevents hair fall caused from breakage, thus giving smoother hair.
Directions For Use
- Apply to wet hair, gently massage and work into a lather.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Use with TRESemme Hair Fall Defense Conditioner.
- For optimum results, use the TRESemmé Hair Fall Defense range. Style using your favorite TRESemmé styling products.
[ Read: Henna Treatment for Dandruff ]
40. TVAM Henna Anti-hair Fall Hair Oil
Enriched with the goodness of natural ingredients such as Henna, Brahmi, Baheda, Fenugreek, Jojoba Oil, Amla, Bhringaraj, Olive Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Sesame Oil, this nourishing hair oil helps fight and prevent hair fall.
[ Read: Best Anti Hair Loss Lotions and Oils ]
It encourages new hair growth by stimulating the follicles of the hair, strengthens the hair, and reduces the thinning of the hair and baldness with regular use. It is, however, expensive for the quantity you get in one bottle.
Directions For Use
- Massage the oil gently into the scalp.
- Leave it overnight or at least for an hour before wash.
Hair, for women, is more than riches. Often, our heart slips at the very sight of our hair falling all over. Hair loss also results in a certain loss of self-esteem and self-confidence. But the good news is that it can be reversed with few lifestyle modifications and healthy food habits.
Hair Loss Tips From Hair Care Experts:
1. Minimise Hair Fall And Maximizing Your Growth Cycle:
The right vitamins and minerals play a major role in keeping your hair healthy. Any nutritional deficiencies can lead to thinning hair or even total baldness. It is a well-known fact that an under active thyroid can result in frizzy or brittle hair while an overactive thyroid turns hair greasy and limp.
The bottom line to this thread is that your hair ultimately reflects the overall condition of your body. If your body is healthy and well-nourished, your hair will be your shining glory.
If you are having any health problems or suffering from any nutritional deficiencies, your hair may stop growing or show damage.
If your body is in good health, you can maximize your genetic growth cycle through taking the proper blend of amino acids and B-vitamins.
It is also important to include B-6, biotin, Inositol and folic acid in the supplemental program.
It has been found that certain minerals including magnesium, sulfur, silica and zinc are also crucial for maintaining healthy hair.
Beta-carotene is also essential to hair growth. This is because it is converted to vitamin A as the body needs it, helps maintain normal growth and bone development, protective sheathing around nerve fibers, as well as promoting healthy skin, hair, and nails.
Beta-carotene is found in green and yellow vegetables and fruits
2. Protein Is Important:
Since hair is protein, a diet that is too low in protein may cause some thinning in hair or a retardation in the growth cycle. The opposite is true; it will often result in improved hair growth.
Some nutritional experts suggest the dietary utilization of calves liver, brewer’s yeast, wheat germ and a daily dose of two tablespoons of granulated lecithin to maximize hair growth, strength, and beauty.
Other good food sources of protein include fish, eggs, beans, and yogurt. Soy protein has also been found to be helpful in stimulating hair growth.
3. Growth Blockers:
Excessive stress and some medications are conclusively known to retard hair growth. If you have a medical condition and your physician has prescribed medications it is imperative that you follow your doctor’s orders regardless of the impact on your hair,
Warning: Always consult your doctor before you undertake any new type of vitamin, mineral program or herbal program of any type to make sure it does not interfere with any medical treatment you may currently be on.
However, if you are under severe stress, it is helpful to reduce the stress as much as possible. Consider meditation or relaxation as a way to cut back on any major stress in your life. Your hair will love yours for it.
Another secret hair helper is rest and sleep. It has been discovered that to grow faster; hair needs an adequate amount of sleep (7-9 hours are suggested).
4. Hair Growing Supplements:
Eat right, exercise, reduce stress, rest, gets lots of sleep and you are well on your way to maximizing your hair growth potential.
You can consume good supplements that contain the necessary vitamins, and minerals, or you can make your own formula.
5. List of Supplements to help against Hair Fall out:
In addition to making lifestyle changes, taking the following supplements every day can boost hair growth for many people:
- Vitamin B-complex – 50 mg. of the major B-vitamins (including folate, biotin, and inositol)
- Vitamin B-6 – 50 mg. of vitamin B-6
- Vitamin C with bioflavonoid – one to two grams daily
- Vitamin E – 400 to 800 IU daily
- Beta-Carotene – 10,000 to 15,000 IU of beta-carotene daily
- One recommended daily dose of magnesium, sulfur, zinc
- Silica (horsetail) – 300 mg. daily
- Nettle – 250 mg. three times daily
- Flaxseed oil – one tbsp daily or one tablet
6. Hair Growing Tips:
Some hair loss experts have discovered that people have excellent hair growing results by following the Zone Diet, which is low in fat. Many other hair care experts recommend the Zone Diet as very helpful for hair care concerns. Here are some other hair growing tips:
- Eliminate or cut back on smoking, caffeine and carbonated sodas which weaken the body and block maximum hair growing potential.
- Eat a healthy diet. Avoid foods that are high in sugar or fat.
- Treat your hair like a piece of fine old lace. Treat it carefully avoiding any unnecessary brushing, combing or handling.
- Avoid use of hot water, hot blow dryers or other hair care tools that may stress the hair.
- Have a weekly scalp massage to provide stimulation to the hair follicles.
- Do a series of ongoing hot oil treatments to protect the hair’s shaft.
- Have regular trims to eliminate split ends and allow the hair to look and feel healthier.
- Get plenty of rest and sleep to allow your body to grow hair.
1. HYDRATE FROM THE INSIDE OUT:
Have lots of water. Whatever you drink a day, increase it by a glass. It remains the best and most basic contribution to hydrating hair. And a balanced diet rich in all vitamins including D & E? Not just for glowing skin – it’ll boost shine in the hair.
2. GIVE HAIR SOME AIR:
I always advise clients to allow freshly washed hair to air dry until half dry at least once a week. By blow drying for just 50% of the time, you reduce the impact of heat styling without compromise on finish. Small change big difference over a year. I also say We say, “Go Low Low” – Use a low heat and low speed, it’s the best way to work with a curl to achieve definition and the best route to a frizz free finish on a sleek straight look. Pick a hair dryer that works harder for you too – beyond just drying. My Infrared PRO hairdryer dries from the inside out, so it locks in moisture to keep that glossy finish, while the speed at which it dries minimizes the disturbance to the follicle and thus keeps frizz at bay too.
3. OVERWASH AND OVERHEAT:
Don’t over wash the hair, allow natural oils to produce. Choose a heated styling tool that has a choice of temperature and a hair protecting element. My Treat & Style available in Boots infuses Keratin as it straightens via the high street’s first capsule system.
Errol Douglas: erroldouglas.com
A number of health problems can trigger hair loss, including: Thyroid condition, insufficient protein in the diet, Hormone imbalance (such as underactive or overactive thyroid), Fungal infection (such as ringworm of the scalp), Lupus, Diabetes, Undergoing major surgery, Excessive vitamin A, Iron deficiency (rare), Vitamin D deficiency). Thanks to the recent advances in therapeutic science, these hair loss causes can be treated. Depending on your health issue, keeping hormones in balance, ensuring proper nutrition, taking medications as your doctor recommends, and maintaining tight control of blood glucose levels can help stop hair loss, and hair will usually start to grow back.
Some medications can trigger hair loss. Hair loss is a well-known side effect of chemotherapy treatment for cancer. But some common medications may also lead to hair loss, including Anticoagulants that thin the blood, High blood pressure medication, Gout medication, Antidepressants, Birth control pills. By switching to a different medication under your doctor’s guidance, you can usually stop this kind of hair loss. Your lifestyle, especially one characterized by high-stress levels, not getting the proper nutrition, and significant weight loss, can play a major role in your health and the health of your hair. Although experts don’t know the exact process, there is a clear relationship between high levels of stress and hair loss.
Somehow stress has an effect on the hair cycle. Typically about 90 percent of hairs are in a growing stage, and about 10 percent are in a resting stage, and it’s these resting-stage hairs that shed. Stress seems to prompt more of the growing hairs to go into the resting phase and then fall out. The good news is that this type of hair loss is temporary; after the hair falls out, a new hair usually will replace and prevent stress-induced hair loss, maintain a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise and a nutritious diet.
Amin Sheybani: hairspa.ae
- Avoid detangling your natural hair when it is dry. Always detangle wet hair that has been coated with conditioner.
- Moisturize your hair often. Dry hair breaks off very easily because it is weak and brittle.
- Avoid styles that put too much stress on your hair line, the added strain causes hair fall and thinning edges.
- Sleep on silk/ satin pillow covers since cotton pillow covers extract the moisture from your hair making them dry and brittle.
- Mayonnaise on Sunday mornings applied for 45 minutes and then washed off with cold water adds bounce and shine to your tresses.
- Never straighten your hair with heat or chemicals. It accelerates female baldness and can be irreversible.
Dr Tejinder Bhatti: darlingbudsindia.com
- For dry hair and hair loss:
- One egg yolk
- Tablespoon of Cognac
- Tablespoon of olive oil
Massage from the roots to the ends for 30 min than wash with shampoo and conditioner
- To make your hair looks shiny:
Mix organic apple vinegar with cool water and rinse your hair after shampoo and conditioner
- Restore elasticity:
Put organic coconut oil 2 inches from the roots and leave for 30 min., than shampoo. Do it one in the week
Vanilla Hair Spa: vanillahairspa.com
Practicing yoga is a natural way to combat stress one of contributing factor for hair loss.
Besides this following a healthy lifestyle, a good diet, regular oil massage will result in healthy lustrous hair.
Hope this article on how to prevent hair fall will help you. This may answer your every question on how to reduce hair fall. Share your own tips to stop and prevent hair fall in the comments below.
- 7 Effective Ayurvedic Treatments To Stop Hair Fall
- How To Get Rid Of Hair Fall Using Acupressure
- 10 Effective Home Remedies For Smelly Hair
- 6 Simple Ways To Control Hair Fall In Summer
- 6 Simple But Effective Homemade Hair Fall Treatments