Nausea has a way of upsetting our day like nothing else. It is a punishment you would not want to experience ever again. Fortunately, reflexology can ease nausea without the need for medical intervention. A few strategic massages and you are nausea free. Want to know more? Then, have a look.
Nausea Made Easy:
Nausea, when it strikes, surely complicates life. What might be the reasons (1)?
- Motion sickness
- Sea sickness
- Food Poisoning
- Stomach flu
- Morning sickness (Pregnancy)
- Medication (Chemotherapy)
We may have resorted to many remedies like peppermint and ginger to calm down what can only be described as a storm waiting to boil over. However, if you’re sickly green and need immediate relief, reflexology helps.
Reflexology For Nausea:
Reflexology is an ancient Chinese philosophy that has been gaining ground for effectively improving health and quality of life. Its appeal lies mostly in the fact that you can perform the technique on yourself anywhere, anytime you need.
- According to its principles, our body has specific energy points.
- The points are located on our face, hands, feet and other areas.
- Referred to as reflex points, they connect to various organs within the body.
- Each point corresponds to a certain organ and when pressed, stimulates the latter.
- The stimulated organ performs with renewed energy.
- Performed regularly, reflexology improves and balances the entire system.
Reflexology offers a map of such points to treat any problem. Hence, there are several reflex points on our body to handle nausea. When massaged, the technique will instantaneously relieve mild nauseous symptoms (2), (3).
[ Read: Reflexology For Constipation ]
Let us look at a few reflex points for nausea.
1. Reflex Point 1 (Wrist):
- You can find this point just below your palm.
- Measure three fingers width from the edge of your palm on your left wrist.
- At the third finger, about where the pulse is felt, is the point.
- Press the point in the center between the bones.
- Apply gentle pressure.
- Hold for 2 minutes.
- Apply more pressure and for longer with your eyes closed.
- Breathe deeply to calm yourself.
This reflex point corresponds to the heart.
2. Reflex Point 2 (Palm):
- The reflex point lies between the thumb and index finger.
- Press on the fleshy area between the fingers.
- With the tips of the thumb and index fingers of the other hand, gently massage the point.
- Now apply more pressure until you feel a slight pain.
- Hold the pressure for about 2 minutes.
- Practice concentrated breathing (in and out, in and out).
- Release when you feel relaxed.
This reflex point corresponds to the large intestine.
3. Reflex Point 3 (Neck):
- The point is located exactly between your collarbones.
- Using a fingertip, press against the depression below your neck and centered in the collarbones.
- Hold medium pressure on the point for up to 5 minutes.
It will help relieve you from the feelings of nausea.
4. Reflex Point 4 (Knee):
- Knee reflex point for nausea lies below the knee cap on the leg’s front side.
- It is between the kneecap and the muscle in your leg.
- To find the reflex point, hold four fingers horizontally below the knee.
- Focus under the little finger and towards the outer region beside the leg bone.
- Here, apply pressure on the point for about 5 minutes.
[ Read: Reflexology For Anxiety ]
5. Reflex Point 5 (Foot):
- This point is located right below the ball of the foot.
- Find the point between the big toe and second toe, below the foot fold.
- Press on the point for a few seconds.
- Massage in circular motions.
- Now, apply more pressure and continue to make circular motions for about 5 minutes.
- If the nausea does not abate, perform the massage for 10 minutes.
The point corresponds to the stomach and considerably eases nausea (4).
Now that you know all about reflexology for nausea, are you ready to give it a try? Once you try all the reflex points on yourself, you would surely observe some relief. Share your experiences with us. Please leave a comment below.
- Pressure Has Its Benefits: An Acupressure Trick To Prevent Vomiting And Nausea!
- How I Got Over My Nausea With Ginger
- 10 Effective Home Remedies For Nausea
- 5 Effective Yoga Poses To Treat Nausea
Latest posts by Sruthi Chowdhry (see all)
- String Bikini Workout – Everything You Need To Know - June 25, 2015
- Modern Day Yoga – Make It A Part Of Your Life - June 25, 2015
- A Complete Guide On Holistic Hair Care - June 22, 2015
- Try These 6 Amazing Home Remedies To Strengthen Loose & Shaky Teeth In No Time! - May 24, 2015
- Are Those Nasty Genital Warts Irritating You? These 6 At-Home Remedies Will Definitely Help You - May 20, 2015