Do you upset yourself every time you look into the mirror? Are those pimples and acne damaging your self-image and bringing down your self-confidence? Then it’s high time you started using something that works – no, not any beauty products that are loaded with chemicals. We are talking about something way beyond that; something that is a nature’s gift to anyone suffering from acne.
Yes, it is apple cider vinegar! With its varied benefits, ACV is the one miracle cure for a number of health issues. And it can heal acne too! Wondering how to use apple cider vinegar for acne treatment? Read this post to get all the answers!
[ Read: How To Make Apple Cider Vinegar At Home ]
What Makes Apple Cider Vinegar Such A Potent Acne Treatment?
- Apple cider vinegar balances the pH of the skin and helps restore the acidic mantle, helping to protect the skin.
- It is antiseptic and antibacterial in nature, which helps combat the external bacteria and pollution experienced daily by the skin.
- Apple cider vinegar contains beta-carotene, which helps treat damage caused by free radicals.
- If the cause of acne is excessively oily skin, apple cider vinegar can help in that case too as it can absorb the oiliness.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Acne?
So, ACV works and can treat acne. But how does one use it? There are various ways to use this product, but the best way is to use it as a toner/astringent. How do you do that? Here’s a simple recipe:
- Take equal amounts of filtered water and organic apple cider vinegar.
- Mix these together in a container or bottle. The toner is ready.
- Simply use a cotton ball to apply it all over the face.
- Wait until the toner is dry, and then use the other products (that you use regularly in your skin care regimen).
- If you have bacne (back acne), pour the toner into a spray bottle and spray on.
- You can add various other essential herbs, oils to the toner such as green tea, aloe Vera, witch hazel, lavender, etc. to get all their benefits as well.
Some Other Ways To Use Apple Cider Vinegar:
You can also consume a tablespoon full of apple cider vinegar mixed with a glass of water every day, to help clear the skin and body from the inside out.
If you want to treat the occasional pimple in one day, use a more saturated form of the toner and apply it only on the pimple and reapply it throughout the day. This will dry out the pimple. But be sure to moisturize the skin well after this treatment.
Apple cider vinegar, when used with onion juice, can be used to lighten any pigmentation and provides an overall glow to the skin
For a face mask, mix apple cider vinegar and honey/lemon and apply to face. Wash off with tepid water.
To relieve sunburn, simply add apple cider vinegar to a warm water soak.
[ Read: Apple Cider Vinegar For Treating Warts ]
Word Of Caution:
Yes, ACV is a miracle cure, but you need to be cautious while using it! Keep the following points in mind:
Be sure not to leave the toner on for too long on the first trial. This is to rule out any allergic reaction to ACV.
Start with using the toner once a day. When you are sure that you are not allergic, you can use the toner twice a day.
There is no stringent rule about the water to vinegar ratio. It is better to experiment and figure out the best way to get the results you need.
Never apply undiluted apple cider vinegar to the skin. It is an acid and can cause damage when undiluted.
Keep the toner away from the eyes and the eye area.
People with sensitive skin should not use this toner as it can cause more harm than good.
Some people may experience their acne problem worsening before the condition begins to improve. To get the right results, introduce your skin to the toner slowly.
[ Read: Home Remedies For Pimples/Acne ]
How To Buy The “Right” Kind Of Apple Cider Vinegar:
A few things should be kept in mind while buying apple cider vinegar for the purpose of skin treatment.
The normal vinegar meant for cooking purposes should not be used for topical use.
Try and buy organic apple cider vinegar, as this is unfiltered and unpasteurized.
You can identify the organic kind by its muddy, grain brown shade. This substance is full of enzymes and essential bacteria beneficial for the skin.
If you are suffering from an acne breakout and none of the popular lotions and potions are working for you, give ACV a try. This natural wonder will ‘make’ your problem vanish like magic! Go on, get some Apple Cider Vinegar and put it to good use! Your skin will thank you for it!
Now that you know how to use apple cider vinegar for acne, let us know if you’ll give it a try. Let us know of any other ways you use apple cider vinegar. Drop us a line in the comments section below!
- 6 Ways To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Treating Psoriasis
- 9 Simple Ways To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Treating Diabetes
- Is Apple Cider Vinegar An Effective Treatment For Arthritis?
- Is Apple Cider Vinegar Safe For Acid Reflux?
- How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Treating Warts?
Latest posts by Fathima Abdul Kader (see all)
- How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar To Treat Acne? - December 24, 2014
- 10 Unexpected Side Effects Of Graviola - December 22, 2014
- Top 10 Energy Drinks Available In India - August 20, 2014
- Top 10 Fat Burning Foods To Include In Your Diet - December 30, 2013
- A Simple Diet Plan To Reduce Belly Fat - November 4, 2013