If someone were to ask you to name the oil that is best for treating dandruff, what would your answer be? Almond, Jojoba or Olive oil? Well, the fact is you would be terribly off the mark, each time! These oils cure dandruff but not as effectively as the humble, affordable and time-tested castor oil!
So is castor oil good for dandruff? If you still doubt the ability of castor oil to cure dandruff, then it’s high time you stopped doing that. Why? Read this post for the answer!
[ Read: Use Lemon To Get Rid Of Dandruff ]
Castor Oil For Dandruff – How Does It Work:
- One of the important constituents of castor oil, Ricinoleic acid, has anti- microbial properties, and this is what gives castor oil its property to kill bacteria that cause dandruff. The ricin present in the oil also has germicidal and fungicidal properties. These two protect the scalp from microbial and fungal infections leading to dandruff and scalp infections like seborrheic dermatitis.
- Castor oil is an excellent humectant, due to the high content of omega- 9 fatty acids. This oil can lock in moisture in hair and hence acts as an excellent hair conditioner. It is also great for treating split ends and making hair lustrous and silky. The moisturizing properties of omega- 9 fatty acids also help in fighting dry flakes and dandruff.
- Castor oil is loaded with nutrients such as minerals, omega- 6 fatty acids and vitamin E- all of which moisturize dry dandruff flakes and fight the itchy scalp syndrome.
[ Read: Get Rid Of Dandruff Permanently ]
Tips For Castor Oil Use For Dandruff Cure:
Castor oil can be applied directly on the scalp, or it can be mixed with lighter, hair- healthy oils like Jojoba and Olive for intensifying its benefits. Warming the oil and massaging your scalp with it is best for improving blood circulation, hair growth and reducing dandruff. Castor oil can be left overnight for maximum benefits, or you could apply the oil about 20 minutes before a hair wash. It works either way, and it works wonders!
Another way to benefit from the goodness of this oil is to add a small quantity of it to your conditioner.
Have you ever used castor oil for dandruff treatment, then do let us know of your experience! Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
- How To Get Rid Of Dandruff Using Baking Powder?
- Top 11 Natural Formulations to Treat Dandruff
- 7 Amazing Benefits Of Neem Shampoo For Dandruff
- How To Use Olive Oil To Treat Dandruff?
- How Does Coconut Oil Help Treat Dandruff
Latest posts by Chetana (see all)
- What Happens 10 Minutes Before A Heat Stroke? - December 15, 2015
- Skin Gym Face Fitness For A Younger And Healthy Face - June 25, 2015
- 10 Best Health Benefits Of Chicory Root - June 24, 2015
- Is Coconut Oil An Effective Remedy To Treat Candida? - June 22, 2015
- 10 Side Effects Of Neem You Should Be Aware Of - June 18, 2015