Are you scratching your head a lot of late? Do you find it embarrassing that nits are dotting your luscious locks?
You may be aware of the goodness of tea tree oil and that it works wonders for your skin. But, do you know that Tea Tree oil is one of the safest and most effective ways to get rid of lice? Well, the article offers handy tips to use tea tree oil to flaunt that healthy mane! Want to know what they are? Read the post!
[ Read: Home Remedies To Fight Itchy Scalp ]
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Lice Treatment?
Here are a few tips to use tea tree oil for lice treatment.
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with coconut oil. Apply the magic potion on your hair and leave it on for some time. Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner and see the miraculous results!
- Apply tea tree oil on the scalp and leave it overnight. Wrap your hair in a towel. It will magically end your lice menace.
- You can also mix tea tree oil with lavender oil to treat lice. The aroma of lavender oil can help overcome the pungent odor of tea tree oil. Lavender oil will also help you sleep better.
- You can also use olive oil along with tea tree oil for your hair. Olive oil has a moisturizing quality and blends well with tea tree oil. It will help soften your hair and make it healthy too!
- Another effective way, is to mix tea tree oil and shampoo for lice. When you pour shampoo into your palm add a few drops of tea tree oil. Use this mixture to wash your tresses and see them shine with health. You can use it as a preventive measure for lice.
- Mix tea tree oil with vodka and use it as a mask to get rid of the lice menace. Vodka also works wonders for dry hair.
- Tea tree spray is the mildest method of lice treatment. Add a few drops of tea tree oil in water. Shake well and using a spray bottle, apply it on your scalp and hair. Make sure you shake the solution well before every use. Use it for keeping lice at bay.
[ Read: Anti Lice Shampoos ]
How To Get Rid Of The Dead Lice?
Now you know the methods to apply tea tree oil. But, how to get rid of the dead lice? Well, read on!
- Comb your hair with a wide toothed comb and then a fine toothed one to remove the dead lice and eggs.
- Apply more oil if your hair is dry.
- After removal, use a mild shampoo (preferably with tea tree oil drops, like mentioned above) and wash your hair.
- Try and use a conditioner after wash.
Points To Remember:
- Follow these methods regularly for effective results.
- If your child goes to school, try and follow the preventive measures to avoid getting lice in the first place.
- Use a good quality tea tree oil.
- Always do a patch test to see if you are allergic to tea tree oil. Go ahead with this treatment only if no scalp irritation occurs.
- For direct application, add a few drops of coconut oil or olive oil to tea tree oil before use.
- Never share combs, even within the family. Let everybody use and wash their combs at home. The golden rule of hygiene prevents lice from spreading.
These are some simple ways to get rid of lice using tea tree oil. Now that you know how to use tea tree oil for lice treatment, let us know if you’ll give it a try. If you know any other home remedy for lice treatment, please share with us here.
- How To Use Tea Tree Oil To Remove Moles?
- Is Tea Tree Oil Helpful In Curing Dandruff?
- 3 Simple Methods Using Tea Tree Oil To Cure Acne
- 2 Effective Ways To Use Camphor Oil For Treating Acne
- 7 Easy Ways To Use Olive Oil To Get Rid Of Acne Scars
Latest posts by Namita (see all)
- Brown Hair Color Guide – Everything You Need To Know - January 31, 2015
- Can Eating Tomatoes Help You Lose Weight? - January 28, 2015
- How To Use Tea Tree Oil To Get Rid Of Lice? - January 19, 2015
- How Many Litres Of Water Should You Drink Daily To Lose Weight? - January 14, 2015
- Is Jaggery Helpful To Treat Diabetics? - December 23, 2014