I know you might find this ridiculous, but what if I told you to use some toothpaste to treat those unwanted pimples? Is must be shocking to know that toothpaste is one of the oldest remedies to treat pimples? Yes, it is when used in the right way!!!
Applying toothpaste on pimple is known way to reduce them owing to the presence of Triclosan, a preservative used in the manufacturing of toothpastes, soaps, body washes, and acne treatment products amongst others. The non-active ingredient, Triclosan is known to be useful as an anti-bacterial agent. In case of pimples, it works to cure by drying the pimple affected area.
However, one has to be careful while applying toothpaste on pimples because overuse can dry the skin. There are possible chances that it might or might not suit the person. So it’s better to get a thorough patch test before using it on the pimples.
Toothpaste for pimples treatment may be an inexpensive one, but choosing it wisely is very important step. It entirely depends on your skin type and the toothpaste you are likely to use.
Toothpaste for Pimples Treatment: Tutorial
So before you begin, read below to understand how it can be done first:
For mouth wash there are a number of toothpastes available in the market, which you can choose from, like the natural whites or gels. But when you‘re considering a toothpaste to treat pimples, it has to be a normal white toothpaste. This is because the normal toothpastes are more likely to feature identifiable ingredients than gel toothpastes, which sometimes have an added list of ingredients that might or might not be known.
Make sure that your hands are clean before toothpaste application. This is mandatory because you are more likely to aggravate the pimple with unknown bacteria on your hands.
Cleanse your face properly using a good cleanser. Make sure to use the right foaming cleanser for your oily or combination skin.
Best practice would be to use gloves or a clean sponge for application. Make sure that the sponge you are using is clean since they easily attract germs.
Take a little amount of the toothpaste using the sponge or gloves and apply a very thin layer of it on the pimple and the circle surrounding it entirely.
Now let the toothpaste dry. Leave it on for few hours or overnight. This time completely depends on your skin type and the severity of the pimples.
Remove the toothpaste carefully using a clean sponge without rupturing the pimple. You will see that the toothpaste dries the pimple and reduces its size.
Most of the times we rupture pimples expecting it to cure fast, but in fact it makes the condition worse, causing bleeding that leaves scars on the face. This should be strictly avoided.
- You must be very careful when you have a pimple on your face, do not touch it so often.
- Try to wash your face at least with plain water once an hour to remove the excess oil on the face.
- Cleanse with a good and suitable cleanser at least twice a day.
- Wash your face once you return home to remove the dirt accumulated on your face.
These rules are a must for pimple prone skin. If you add them to your regular regimen, it will do wonders to your skin.
- Natural Remedies To Remove Old Scars
- 11 Simple Ways To Remove Pimples Overnight
- 10 Causes And Simple Remedies For Pimples On Forehead
- 17 Simple Home Remedies For Pimples/Acne
- 4 Effective Ways To Treat Pimples Under The Skin
Latest posts by Gayatri (see all)
- 11 Amazing Benefits Of Hyacinth Herb For Skin, Hair And Health - April 25, 2014
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Rue Herb For Skin, Hair And Health - April 23, 2014
- Top 10 Made In India Cosmetic Brands - November 6, 2013
- 13 Simple Tips To Get Perfect Legs - October 15, 2013
- 23 Amazing Benefits Of Primrose Oil For Skin, Hair And Health - August 31, 2013