Are you struggling with hair loss? And, you need an easy and natural method to cope up with? Here are some quick and interesting facts about a natural element that helps hair grow miraculously. This post is specifically about Iodine and hair growth.
All of us yearn for healthy, shiny and beautiful hair. Unfortunately, hair fall seems to be the common problem we face. Hence, we would try to find how to take care of our crowning glory naturally. One simple way would be enriching our diet with iodine rich foods as they help in keeping the hair healthy.
Yes, iodine is an important element for hair growth especially in today’s polluted environment. Its deficiency is one of the major causes of hair loss which people don’t take seriously.
Iodine deficiency is a very serious problem which started when the food industry replaced iodine with bromine about 40 years back. Bromine is a processed food enhancer, widely used today in pastas, cookies, breads and other bakery items.
Is iodine Good For Hair Growth
If you are currently experiencing hair loss, it may be a good idea to have an iodine rich diet. It is because hair loss can be one of the most common signs of iodine deficiency. Iodine, when combined with iron, zinc and magnesium is said to be one of the best minerals that help in maintaining healthy and lustrous hair. In order to avoid hair loss, you need to fulfill the iodine requirement of your body. If your body is deficient of iodine, it can cause hypothyroidism. In hypothyroidism, the cell metabolism in our body slows down, thus reducing the energy received by the hair cells to function properly. Deficiency of iodine may not only make you shed hair on head but also on eyebrows.
Iodine is said to be a key element for hair growth and strength. While we may get some synthetic iodine in table salt, our body has a hard time assimilating it. Therefore, it’s advisable to consume iodine in its nascent or vegetarian form.
Some of the Benefits of Iodine for Hair Growth are As Follows:
- Iodine has the ability to restore hair. Now, you must be wondering how? Actually, iodine kills the fungus which eats the end of hair follicles. Iodine also contains some potent anti-parasitic, antiviral & antibacterial properties which helps maintain the health of your scalp.
- Iodine also stimulates the thyroid which helps in boosting your hair growth and maintains its strength.
- Because of its antibacterial and anti-parasitic properties, it also helps to fight infection on your scalp, which clears the follicles and roots. This automatically makes way for hair to grow on a fast pace.
- Iodine also prevents dry hair, hair loss and hair greying problem.
- Iodine makes your hair thick and strengthens them from roots.
There are many iodine supplements available in the market. They may work great to fight against hair loss issues. But it is also important that you consume the correct amount of iodine. Excessive consumption of iodine can be dangerous. It decreases the flow of blood and hinders the growth of thyroid gland. It may turn toxic if used too often.
[Read: Fish Oil For Hair Growth]
To boost up your hair growth and prevent hair loss, you are advised to intake iodine supplement for 3 to 4 days. Then you should stop its consumption for next 4 days and after that, start again. This regime is advised because it helps to follow the body’s natural cycle. So, in order to repair and heal, the body requires rest. The break of 4 days in between will help sustain the body’s natural cycle, hence would enhance the effects of iodine. The amount of iodine which one should consume may vary from person to person.
[Read: Fruits For Hair Growth]
So, if you are opting to consume iodine supplement, then you should strictly follow the directions mentioned on it, else consult a physician.
Try this simple technique and achieve beautiful and healthy tresses. Please don’t forget to share your valuable feedback!
Latest posts by Anamika M (see all)
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Feverfew For Skin, Hair And Health - April 4, 2014
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Rooibos For Skin, Hair And Health - April 2, 2014
- Best Tinted Lip Balms Available In India – Our Top 10 Picks - March 22, 2014
- Best Weight Loss Centers/Clinics In Bangalore – Our Top 10 Picks - March 22, 2014
- Christian Bale Weight Loss Routine Revealed - March 7, 2014