Want to lose a few calories from your body? Want a slim and fit figure? But don’t have the time to hit the gym? Well, fret not! There are several ways apart from going to the gym that can help you lose weight. In fact, we suggest it is always wise to opt for healthy ideas that work on your body from within. Drinking bitter gourd juice is one such healthy option to help you lose weight without any side effects.
In the article below, we delve deep into how bitter gourd juice and weight loss are related to each other and how to consume this vegetable.
[ Read: Health Benefits Of Bitter Gourd Juice ]
Bitter Gourd – A Quick View:
Bitter gourd, as the vegetable is commonly known, has another name as well. In some parts of the globe, it is called bitter melon. The vegetable is green in color, but an overly ripe bitter gourd is yellow in color.
Let us quickly trace the history of the vegetable. It was cultivated by the tribes of Amazon rainforest. And later the farming spread to Asia, South America, Africa and the Caribbean. Since it was first cultivated, bitter gourd is used for food and as well as medicine.
What Makes Bitter Gourd Juice Useful For Weight Loss?
As the name suggests, bitter gourd is bitter in taste. This vegetable has substances that lower and maintain the blood sugar level in your body. It also prevents your body from absorbing extra sugar. Apart from this, bitter gourd increases the number of beta cells in your pancreas. These cells are involved in secreting insulin. If the insulin level rises high, the blood sugar level decreases. This eventually leads to weight loss.
[ Read: Benefits Of Amla Juice For Weight Loss ]
Recipes Of Bitter Gourd Juice For Weight Loss:
Here are a few bitter gourd recipes you can make at home:
The Fruit And Vegetable Mix:
What You Need:
- 1 bitter gourd
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2-3 apples
- 1 cucumber
- 1 peeled lemon
How To Prepare:
- Take a bitter gourd. Cut it into two halves, long-ways. Now, scoop out all the seeds in the vegetable.
- Chop the other fruits and vegetables. Blend them along with the bitter gourd in a blender.
- If you find the juice too bitter, you can add more fruits to its preparation.
- You can also add other fruits and vegetables of your choice.
Only Bitter Gourd:
Check out this bitter gourd juice recipe for weight loss in which bitter gourd is the only ingredient you need!
How To Prepare:
- Take a bitter gourd and take off its peel. Make sure you take off its peel not with a peeler, but with a knife. Wash the vegetable properly under cold running water. Place your bitter gourd on a cutting board and slice it to the center.
- After you slice it, scoop out the white flesh and the seeds of the vegetable.
- Cut the bitter gourd into tiny pieces and dump them into a bowl full of water. Leave it to soak for about thirty minutes.
- Add ½ teaspoon of salt to the water contained bowl or ½ teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Add bitter gourd to a juicer. To it you can also add lemon or apple juice to ensure that the bitterness comes down. If you are too worried about the bitter taste of the juice, you can go further ahead and add a bit of honey and black pepper.
- Blend it in the juicer.
Your healthy juice is ready. But do use a strainer to filter out the vegetable pieces. In the final step, store the juice in the refrigerator for close to 1 to 2 hours. Now, all you have to do is – drink the juice and get closer to losing weight.
Have you ever tried bitter gourd juice for weight loss? We hope that this article helps you get on to start your healthy diet to cut down a few calories from your body. Do share your experience with us in the comments section below!
- Is Radish Juice Good For Weight Loss?
- How Is Orange Juice Effective For Weight Loss?
- 5 Effective Benefits Of Amla Juice For Weight Loss
- How Does Aloe Vera Juice Help In Weight Loss?
- How Does Noni Juice Help In Weight Loss?
Get Flat Rs.500/- Off On Medical Nutrition Therapy By Celes
Loved, trusted & used by 25,000 Modern Indian Women!LOSE WEIGHT NATURALLY
90 Days Exert Chat Support | Personalized Diet Plans | Free Nutritionist Consultation
* Eat, enjoy, lose weight and get healthy with celes!
Latest posts by Suhani (see all)
- How To Use Castor Oil To Treat Arthritis? - December 12, 2014
- Is It Safe To Eat Radish During Pregnancy? - December 12, 2014
- 5 Clever Makeup Tricks To Hide Your Double Chin - December 10, 2014
- 11 Amazing Benefits Of Using Night Creams - December 10, 2014
- Is Banana Peel Helpful To Treat Psoriasis? - December 9, 2014