Did you know that coconut oil is the best natural medicine to treat infectious yeast like candida? If you are suffering from the fungal infection caused by this yeast, then coconut oil is what you should take. This is because of the wonderful healing properties coconut oil possesses.
Would you like to know more about coconut oil and candida? Keep reading.
Candida – An Overview
Candida is a genus of yeasts that is responsible for various infectious diseases like candidiasis. The yeast resides in the mouth, intestine and vagina and is very necessary for our body. It helps with digestion and nutrient absorption. It is found in both men and women. In normal cases, it does not cause any reaction. But when it grows out of control, these tiny organisms penetrate into the bloodstream, releasing toxic by-products into your body thus causing many health problems. Vaginal candida infection is very common in women, and there is a misconception that it is only a female problem. Other forms of candida infections include fungal skin irritation and athlete’s foot infection.
[ Read: How To Use Oregano Oil For Candidiasis? ]
Coconut oil is made from coconut flesh and is also called kopra oil. It is very beneficial. It is believed that coconut oil can protect hair from damage, acts as a moisturizer, and functions as a sunscreen. The fatty acids present in coconut oil can boost brain function in Alzheimer’s patients. Coconut oil seems to be very effective in reducing abdominal fat, which lodges in the abdominal cavities.
Apart from this, it can be used as a makeup remover, facial scrub, lip balm and also as a body scrub. Pure coconut oil can also be used when you have an earache. It can also be used to cure warts and is the best medicine that can be used internally and externally.
Coconut Oil For Candida
- Antifungal drugs are typically used for yeast based infections, but they can be very hard on the body. There are various natural remedies available for candida infections, and among them the coconut oil that sits on your kitchen counter has proved itself to be the best remedy. Adding coconut oil to your diet is an easier and natural way to cure candida.
- Coconut oil contains medium chain fatty acids like caprylic acid, capric acid and lauric acid, which fight against the infectious yeast. Caprylic acid is used in antifungal supplements and restores your stomach acidity to normal levels. Capric acid and lauric acid are antimicrobial and antifungal and have the power to fight against candida and other yeast infections.
- Along with killing the bad yeast, coconut oil also protects the friendly bacteria.
- Coconut oil consists of three main fatty acids that are helpful in controlling candida. They are caprylic acid, capric acid, and lauric acid. These fatty acids found in the oil are very efficient and kill the harmful yeast, viruses and bacteria. The addition of coconut oil to your diet helps to re-establish and maintain a healthy intestinal environment.
- Coconut oil surrounds the dead yeast and expels it from the body. This prevents live candida from feeding on the dead candida and continuing to proliferate.
- Coconut oil can be added to fruit meal or smoothies, and also to the batter while baking.
You can also replace other oils in your daily routine with coconut oil. Sometimes, there may be uncomfortable reactions called as detox symptoms, particularly if you have never had coconut oil before. Detox symptoms are not side effects of coconut oil, but reactions by your body when too much of yeast is killed, and your body can’t handle it. So, try it in fewer quantities first and then increase the amount.
How to take coconut oil for candida? You can start with 1 – 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in the morning. If you don’t find any die-off symptoms or detox symptoms, then try to increase the amount gradually up to 5 tablespoons per day in divided doses. If you get diarrhoea or constipation, then reduce the amount of coconut oil intake.
Intake of coconut oil also helps protect against fungal infections of the skin including that of ringworm and athlete’s foot. Once you start taking coconut oil, you won’t need any other treatment. The oil gets absorbed well into your skin and protects your skin from all kinds of fungal skin infection.
For very stubborn yeast infections, you can try using coconut oil mixed with some freshly crushed garlic.
Causes Of Candidiasis
There are several reasons due to which the growth of candida yeast increases in the human body. They are:
- Eating a diet high in refined carbohydrates and sugar
- Drinking excess amount of alcohol on a regular basis
- Usage of oral contraceptives
- Intake of a diet high in fermented foods like pickles
- Stressful lifestyle
- Usage of antibiotics that have killed too much of good bacteria in your intestine
Symptoms Of Candidiasis
- Digestive problems such as bloating, gas, cramps, alternating diarrhoea with constipation
- Nervous problems such as drowsiness, depression and abnormal fatigue
- Skin problems such as acne, nail infection, excessive sweating
- Genitourinary tract infection such as chronic anal itching in males, vaginal infections and so on
It is also found that following a low sugar, low carbohydrate, and low yeast diet for a certain period, along with the addition of coconut oil into your diet can be very helpful.
Also, including foods like fruits, vegetables, legumes, fiber-rich foods helps to increase the good bacteria in your body, thereby keeping you fit and healthy.
Have you ever used coconut oil for candida? Do tell us how you liked this post. You can comment in the box given below.
- Candida Diet- Everything You Need To Know
- How To Use Oregano Oil For Candidiasis?
- 3 Simple Ways To Use Hydrogen Peroxide For Yeast Infection
Latest posts by Chetana (see all)
- KREA Easy Curler Pro Review - October 31, 2017
- What Happens 10 Minutes Before A Heat Stroke? - December 15, 2015
- Skin Gym Face Fitness For A Younger And Healthy Face - June 25, 2015
- Is Coconut Oil An Effective Remedy To Treat Candida? - June 22, 2015
- 10 Side Effects Of Neem You Should Be Aware Of - June 18, 2015