Do you often suffer from digestive problems? These can be extremely uncomfortable, and sometimes painful too. Although there are medications to help gain relief, there is nothing better than natural remedies to relieve an upset stomach or indigestion. One very effective way to treat indigestion is eating pineapples!
Wondering how pineapples can help treat the condition? Then you must read this post.
Pineapples – A Brief:
The juicy tropical fruit contains many nutrients that help in soothing the stomach naturally when it is in distress. For instance, it is rich in enzymes that help in reducing inflammation and boosting digestion (1). Next time you have an upset stomach, get a pineapple to help ease it.
Pineapples For Digestive Problems:
Pineapples are famous for an enzyme known as bromelain (2). This is a protein-digesting enzyme which means that it helps in naturally breaking down proteins that are hard to digest. In Central and South America, it is used for this specific purpose. According to researchers, pineapples are one of the most effective natural remedies for heartburn.
Because bromelain, which is exclusive to pineapples, helps in protein breakdown in the digestive tract for better digestion, it helps in keeping away problems like upset stomach, gas, burping, bloating, constipation, diarrhea and nausea.
Eating Pineapples To Ease An Upset Stomach:
There are many ways to consume pineapples to help you gain relief from an upset stomach.
- You can eat fresh pineapple cut into slices in between meals. Make sure that the fruit is well-ripened.
- If you have an upset stomach right after eating a meal, eat 1 cup of pineapple as dessert, and it will provide relief from the discomfort right away.
- Make fresh pineapple juice to drink after a meal so that you keep digestive problems away (3). Make sure that you leave the skin on as that is where the fruit has a large percentage of bromelain, as well as other nutrients like dietary fiber, calcium, Vitamin C, manganese and potassium.
- If you find it difficult to eat fresh pineapple, you can always make a smoothie. Slices the fresh fruit and put the pieces into a blender with organic yogurt. Your stomach will feel a whole lot better!
- You can also make a pineapple slushy that many people prefer. It is refreshing and does wonders for your stomach. All you need to do is put 1 cup of pineapple chunks into a blender with crushed ice and water. It will soothe your stomach and hydrate you.
- Eat pineapples as a healthy snack whenever you feel a little peckish. It is a deliciously great way to get all those essential nutrients into your body!
As you can see, eating pineapples to help with an upset stomach is simple. No need to cook or fuss! Just remember that it is only fresh pineapple that helps keep tummy issues away and provides you with a world of goodness.
Points To Remember:
There are certain considerations that you should keep in mind when you eat pineapples. Eating this fruit excessively can cause problems like diarrhoea (4). It may also cause an allergic reaction in some people. This is why you should consult your health care provider before using it to treat an upset stomach or any other digestive issue. Eating too much of this fruit can also lead to a sore and irritated tongue, so do not go overboard with it. Pineapple may also interfere with certain medications that you may be prescribed. This is another important reason to consult your doctor first.
Overall, pineapples are a wonderful natural treatment to help in keeping the digestive system running smoothly and in tip-top shape. When this system is healthy, it is a guarantee that you will always feel good and never have to worry about an upset stomach!
How has this post helped you? Do tell us by commenting in the box below.
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- How To Remove Hair Color With Baking Soda? - July 20, 2017
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015
- 15 Best Selling Brands Of Rose Perfumes, Fragrances And Scents - August 19, 2015