Kareena Kapoor’s Make-Up Breakdown From ‘Kurbaan’
Hi everyone. I know you all must be thinking that this article is about such an outdated movie. Kurbaan was release in 2009, and its 2012 now. But the fact that Kareena Kapoor’s make-up in Kurbaan still seems to catch my attention frequently made me write this article for you all.
Kareena looks so fresh and vibrant in the movie, with those deep kohled eyes, the winged eyeliner and nude lips. Not to miss the hint of peachy blush on the cheeks. She has replicated this look in the movie ‘Bodyguard’ too.
We Indian girls are forever in love with black eyeliner and kajal, and nothing seems to change our love for both these items in our vanity.
Here is a step by step breakdown and tutorial of Kareena’s make-up in Kurbaan:
- Begin by a good base for make-up. Prime your skin using a good primer, to keep make-up fresh and long lasting. I suggest using MAC Pre + prime Skin Base Visage, or Inglot Primer.
- Apply a concealer to cover under eye dark circles and other blemishes on the skin.
- Apply a foundation in the shade matching your skin tone. Consider L’Oreal Paris True Match foundation or Matte Morphose soufflé foundation.
- Apply loose powder to set the foundation. Some suggestions are MAC Select Sheer Loose powder or Inglot Loose Powder.
- Next, apply a matte eyeshadow with earthy tones. Some suggestions are MAC Soft Brown shadow, or the brown shadow from Faces Glam On Duo eye shadow-Amethyst palette. (Optionally, you may apply an eyeshadow primer before applying the eyeshadows, e.g. Nyx eyeshadow base in skintone).
- Line the upper lash line of your eyes. Wing the eyeliner on the outer corner for that dramatic look. Use L’Oreal Paris Super Liner Carbon Gloss, or Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting drama Gel Eyeliner to get that look.
- Line the lower lash line using your favourite kohl. You may use Maybelline Colossal Kajal, or MAC Technakohl to line your eyes.
- Curl your eyelashes using an eyelash curler. Try Faces Canada Eyelash curler or Vega Premium eyelash curler.
- Apply 2 coats of your favourite volumising mascara on the curled lashes. Suggestions: Revlon Lash Fantasy Total definition Mascara and Primer – Blackest Black, or Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara.
- Next, lightly apply a peachy-brown blush onto the high point of your cheeks. Do not go overboard with the blush. Suggested shades are Deborah Hi-tech Blush shade 52 or Inglot Face Blush #23.
- Next select your lipstick in this look, we have to keep the lips nude. First define your lips with a lipliner matching your lipcolor. Next, fill in the lips with the lipstick. Some shades you can consider are Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick-Peach Me, or MAC Faux.