Kundalini meditation is all about awakening the energy inside you. It is all about awakening your mind, body, and soul. It is a path to self-realization. The word ‘Kundalini’ is derived from the Sanskrit term which means ‘coiled like a serpent’.
There are various steps or methods with which one can easily learn Kundalini meditation at home. If you are a beginner with this type of advanced meditation technique, then this article is the one for you. Here we tell you how to practice the Kundalini meditation techniques in 7 simple steps.
How To Do Kundalini Meditation
1. Find a quiet place where you can sit back, relax and practice Kundalini meditation. Choose a piece of cloth (known as a yoga mat or asana) for your session. Also, one should have enough time-span to practice this meditation technique.
2.Make your body aware of your meditation. Make it realize that by practicing this meditation technique you intend to activate the energy centers in your body. This will help you practice meditation effectively.
3. Sit in a comfortable cross-legged position (Sukhasana, Padmasana, Ardha Padmasana or Vajrasana, whichever suits you). Be comfortable in any pose that you sit. Remember you cannot change your pose until the end of the session. Ideally, Padmasana is the perfect pose which should be used in this meditation. Yet this is the practitioner’s choice.
4. Close your eyes and keep them closed until the end of the session. Lift up your left hand and close the left nostril with the fingers of your left hand. Breathe through the right nostril. Inhale deeply through your right nostril and hold your breath till you can. Feel the difference. Feel the energy circulating throughout your body. Release the breath slowly and completely. Repeat the same activity with the left nostril too by closing the right one.
5. Now concentrate on the energy center/ chakra located at the base of your spine. This chakra is known as Muladhara or the root chakra. It is also said to be the reason for our existence in the world. While you concentrate on the energy center in your body and try activating it, keep on breathing in and out with alternate nostrils (first right, then left)
6. Visualize a bright white light flowing out from the crown of your head exactly where your Sahasrara chakra is located. Imagine this light flowing from your head and entering your heart with full force. Now visualize the same bright white light flowing from the base of your spine and entering your heart chakra. Imagine the light flowing from both spine and head, and entering/bursting in your heart. Continue breathing slowly and deeply.
7. Witness the magical difference in your body and a new energy flowing throughout your body right from your head to your toe. If you properly follow these steps, you will certainly feel the divine touch through this meditation process. Keep your eyes closed, concentrate on your breath and relax. Feel the peace around you, connect with the almighty God and get that divine touch to your life!
Benefits of Kundalini Meditation
Benefits include the following:
- It calms the brain.
- It gives you a feeling of oneness with God.
- It relieves you of depression, anxiety and gets rid of feelings like ego, aggressiveness, jealousy, etc.
- It increases your concentration levels.
- It makes you self-confident, independent and powerful.
- It increases your thinking and endurance capacity.
So it’s time you start practicing Kundalini meditation at home regularly and feel the divine and magical difference! Don’t forget to leave us a comment. Hope this article helps you in choosing the right way to practice Kundalini meditation at home. Happy practicing!
Latest posts by amruta (see all)
- Top 5 Yoga Asanas For A Healthy Heart - March 24, 2014
- Top 15 Yoga Videos From YouTube - March 5, 2014
- Iyengar Yoga – What Is It And How To Practice It? - February 28, 2014
- Top 5 yoga Asanas To Do In Bed - December 20, 2013
- Art Of Living Yoga – What Is It And What Are Its Benefits? - December 3, 2013