Did you know that aside from giving your tea or salad a healthy twist, lemons also make for a good hair care ingredient? You might raise a question here that does lemon make your hair grow?
Well, the answer is yes, it really does help. This citrus fruit juice can actually help increase hair growth and gives you strong hair naturally.
If you are in search of a natural treatment for your hair and scalp problems, then lemons just might prove to be a very effective solution. Lemon is fully packed with many nutrients like citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, pectin, and flavonoids. Hence, this post will give you some of the best reasons to include lemon in your daily diet.
Lemon For Hair Growth
Effect of Lemon:
People who are irritated with a bad and a poor hair growth can try lemons. They not only help in the stimulation of the hair growth but also help to make the follicles of the hair healthy. The condition of the scalp and the braid can be improvised with the vitamins present in the lemon.
The vitamin C enhances the development of the braid and also makes the hair stronger. The residue of lemon contains ph 2 and it is highly acidic in nature. The compound limonene present in the lemon helps in giving a shine to the dry and frizzy hair. The rubbing of lemon towards the scalp helps in getting away with the dandruff because of the acid present in it and it even increases the flow of blood which in turn enhances and mends the follicles of the hair. And that is why using lemon juice for hair growth is a good idea.
[Read:Benefits Of Lemon Peels]
Distinct Ways of Using Lemon:
1. Since hair binds and engulfs the toxins which leads the hair to get damaged after a certain period of time. Drinking or sipping of lemon juice each day, helps in opening up those harmful toxins and helps the hair to grow and remain healthy.
2. Submerging of hair in the residue of lemon is another alternative as the hair remains sheltered from the external bacteria and germs. The soaking helps an individual in getting away with the consolidated deposits due to harmful shampoos. The lemon helps in extracting the unwanted oil from the hair shaft and helps the oil glands to keep the required amount of oil for keeping the hair strong and healthy.
3. A residue of henna, lemon and egg yolk helps in further making the hair stronger and shiny than before. The shampoo should be blended well along with the ingredients above and it should be directly applied towards the scalp. After an application, it should be left to dry for about two hours and then washed off properly with luke warm water.
4. Lemon can be directly scrubbed over the scalp to remove dandruff and other harmful deposits. Rubbing of lemon helps in reaching and making the roots stronger from within. When the roots tend to get stronger, the hair also tends to get stronger and better than before. This method should be repeated once in a week to prevent breakage of hair and to attain a good shine.
5. A mixture of citrus juice and coconut water helps in preventing the loss of hair. Equal amounts of both the ingredients should be mixed and applied for a span of twenty minutes. After the specified time, it should be rinsed off properly.
6. Since citrus juice is highly acidic, it should be first diluted and then applied. The dilution of the juice saves the skin from getting burnt and itchy. A lot of stress should not be applied during the application and one should not itch as it tends leave your scalp feeling uncomfortable. The dilution helps in easing and removing the discomfort.
7. Due to the properties of bleaching, lemon also helps in lightening the braid. It is recommended that people possessing dark coloured hair not try this as it leaves behind a faded braid.
[Read:Lemon Cures Dandruff]
So what are you waiting for? Start including lemons in your daily diet and notice the difference in your hair, as well as watch it grow in a healthy manner, but the process may take some time. Be patient and hang in there. You are sure to benefit from these methods of lemon and hair growth. Don’t forget to leave us a comment.
Latest posts by Shruti Goenka (see all)
- Does Metformin Help You Lose Weight? - March 24, 2014
- Create Your Own Maybelline Makeup Kit With These 10 Amazing Products - March 18, 2014
- Top 5 Ayurvedic Products For Increasing Height – Works Wonders - March 15, 2014
- 10 Pictures Of Emma Stone Without Makeup - March 15, 2014
- 6 Main Causes Of Hair Loss In Children - March 15, 2014