Do you want a natural way to cleanse your liver? While there are many OTC drugs that claim to cleanse your liver and provide you with benefits, we vouch for the natural way. Drinking fluids, no doubt, will help flush out the toxins, but if you are on the lookout for a fluid that purges the liver, then lemon water is an amazingly effective way to do just that.
As you know, this refreshing drink is loaded with the goodness of citric acid as well as other essential nutrients that are good for your liver (1). Keeping the liver in a good working condition is vital as it is the organ that flushes out toxins from your body. Lemon water also aids in digestion, promotes skin health, and helps in soothing minor respiratory and throat problems.
Would you like to know more on how lemon water can help cleanse your liver? Then you must give this post a read.
Goodness Of Lemons:
As mentioned already, lemons are rich in citric acid, which has an excellent effect on the liver (2). It also contains loads of Vitamin C and enzymes that make this citrus fruit a great stimulant to the liver. It is a natural cleanser and has antiseptic properties that make it highly effective in the prevention of putrefaction or infection. It is also a solvent for poisonous substances such as uric acid. Needless to say, lemons do a lot of good for your entire body.
Lemons are highly rich in Vitamin C, which is an antioxidant that is essential for the production of glutathione in the body (3). Glutathione is effective in neutralizing toxins, and this is why lemons or lemon water help in the detoxification of the liver. According to experts, more enzymes are manufactured by the liver with fresh lemon juice or water than any other food. By drinking lemon water regularly, you make sure that this organ’s efficiency is boosted, which in turn helps it function properly at all times.
How To Detox Your Liver With Lemon Water:
Even if you eat a healthy diet, your liver needs a little extra help to get rid of harmful toxins from your body. Lemon water is the best way to do that. It flushes out the toxins before they can be absorbed into your body, and, needless to say, this is highly important.
- First, take a lemon and wash it thoroughly. Pat it dry.
- Cut it in half and remove the seeds.
- Take a cup of hot water and squeeze the lemon juice into it.
- Add a bit of honey or any other natural sweetener if you like.
- Stir well and drink.
Many people drink lemon water every morning to gain its benefits. This is a good way to help your liver. However, according to experts, it is better to drink it in the evening or at night. This is because cleansing of the body occurs while you rest. Therefore, it makes more sense to drink lemon water at night as the body’s inherent ability to detox is supported.
Other Tips To Follow:
- If you experience stomach ache or discomfort, add more water to the mixture. If it persists, you should discontinue drinking lemon water.
- A glass of hot, sweetened lemon water during dinner is a great idea as it helps with digestion.
- A cold glass of lemon water is refreshing, but it is important to remember that hot lemon water is more effective when it comes to the detoxification of the liver.
Drinking a cup of lemon water every day has many benefits. The most important of them is that it helps in detoxifying your liver. When all the toxins are removed from this vital organ, it will be able to function more efficiently, thus improving your general overall health. Making it a part of your daily routine will make you feel more rejuvenated, invigorated and healthier, as all harmful toxins are flushed out from your liver. If you have not done so already, make lemon water a part of your health regimen and gain all the wonderful benefits it has to offer.
How has this post helped you? Do let us know by commenting in the box below.
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 8 Marvelous Benefits Of Cottage Cheese - September 1, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- A to Z Of Diverticulitis Diet - August 27, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015