Long and thick eye lashes have forever been the epitome of feminine beauty and grace. We all want those no matter what age we are.
From eye lash curlers to the best of mascaras to wearing false eye lashes, we try out everything that is out there to help us get those perfect lashes.
Scant eye lashes
Some women experience frequent loss of eye lashes, while there are many who complain that their eye lashes are extremely thin and hardly visible. There can be various reasons at play here.
Reasons for eye lashes not being thick naturally:
- Genetics can play a major role in your eye lashes being scant. If your parents didn’t have those thick ones, chances are you many not too.
- Pollution and stress of course play a big role in leading to eye lash loss.
- In some cases, wearing too much eye makeup or using too many eye products can lead to a frequent loss of eye lashes
- Some women who wear contact lenses experience itching or an uncomfortable sensation in their eyes. This makes them rub their eyes regularly. Rubbing the eyes too much or too vigorously is another common cause of eye lash fall.
The cosmetic methods will only create a false illusion of thick eye lashes. Instead of using these, applying a few home remedies for your eye lashes will give them some natural strength and make them healthy.
Home remedies for long eyelashes
1. Petroleum jelly:
- Apply petroleum jelly on your lashes at night and leave them overnight
- This can make your lashes grow faster.
- You can apply this 3 to 4 times a week.
2. Green tea: Green tea mixed in hot is a great natural therapy for natural growth of your eye lashes.
- Mix green tea with water
- Now apply this on your lashes
- Green tea also cools your eye and helps relax you
3. Olive oil: Apply olive oil to your lashes. This will help them grow longer and stronger. This is one of the best home remedies to get long eyelashes.
4. A mix of olive and castor oil:
- Mix olive oil and castor oil together
- Now apply the resultant oil on your lashes
- This will promote eyelash growth
5. Lemon peels soaked in olive or castor oil:
- Soak lemon peels for a few days in olive oil or castor oil
- Apply this to your lashes for growth.
6. Regular trimming:
- Trim the tips of your lashes but not very frequently.
- Trimming stimulates the follicle of the lashes and makes them grow faster.
Along with home remedies for long lashes, you must have a balanced diet. A few foods that are great to boost the health of your eyes and eye lashes are:
- Most fruits
- Green vegetables.
- Other sources of proteins.
- Make sure you never skip breakfast and include some amount of fat in your daily diet.
- Don’t starve yourself to become skinny! Eat healthy and practice regular exercise, whether at the gym or simple brisk walking.
Here are a few products that will help you to boost the growth of your eye lashes:
- You can use Lashfood. It is known to be a natural conditioner for the eye lashes.
- Lilash is another product that you can use on your eye lashes. It contains lupinusalbus seed extract, glycerin, colloidal silver, silica and pathenol. These are all great to help the growth of your eye lashes.
- Latisse works as an eyelash growth booster. It contains an ingredient called Bimatoprost which boosts eye lash growth.
The best and safest way to get great eye lashes is to eat healthy and go for natural treatments that will enhance the growth and keep them healthy. Try these out and let us know which was your choice of treatment.
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by Arpita (see all)
- Sharon Stone’s Best Kept Beauty Secrets REVEALED! - March 4, 2013
- 10 Best Inspiring Makeup Tips From Mickey Contractor - February 22, 2013
- My 10 Best Beauty Secrets Revealed - February 22, 2013
- Best Chanel Nail Polishes – Our Top 10 - February 16, 2013