You must have used oregano – one of the special herbs in the world of food. Oregano definitely makes the foods aromatic as well as adds a totally different edge of taste. However, have you heard about oregano oil? Some of you might have, and the good news is that, it comes attached with a lot of benefits. But well, buying such rare oils from the market can prove to be really heavy on the pocket. The next best idea that can be used here is the making of oregano oil at home in a DIY manner. By doing this, you not only reap the advantage of saving, but also get an assurance of purity and quality.
The next challenge is – how to make oregano essential oil? This guide is particularly dedicated to give you the entire process in a step by step method. Check it for yourself: –
How to Make Oregano Oil?
Ingredients that you will need:
The list that follows is what you will need to successfully make oregano oil:
- Almond Oil or olive oil or grape seed oil
- Crushed or fresh chopped oregano leaves
- Sunny weather
- A Jar with a sanitized lid
Make sure you are patient enough as this is going to take some time.
Method to Prepare:
Take some water in a pan and bring it to boil before turning off the heat. Once this is done, take the jar and put in the carrier oil with the chopped oregano.
This jar should be placed in the pan for the next 10 minutes. It helps to heat up the oil a little and activates the oregano leaves. This will help them release their oil in the jar.
The next step is to remove the jar from the pan and then place it in an area where it will be exposed to direct sunlight. Leave it for a couple of weeks. Make sure you shake the jar from time to time at regular interval of 2-3 days.
After the defined period of time, strain all the oil from the leaves and put it in the sanitized jar for proper and safe storage. Make sure that it is stored in a cool and dark place.
[ Read: Benefits Of Dried Oregano ]
5 Top Tips That Will Help:
- To preserve the oil, you can add some grape seed oil to the jar. This is really effective in keeping the oil usable for long.
- The oregano oil made at home is an infusion and not particularly an essential oil. Oregano essential oils are concentrated and should not be used directly.
- A patch test is advisable before you use it to check whether it suits you or not.
- Use it within 6 months of preparation to get the best benefits.
- You can use it both internally and externally.
5 Top Benefits of Oregano Oil:
- It helps in killing the accumulated bacteria and fungi on the skin.
- Using it for aromatherapy will help in treating nasal congestion
- It treats all forms of inflammation with its anti-inflammatory properties.
- It can be used to treats aches and pains in the body if used as massage oil on a regular basis.
- It is a natural pain killer for severe situations of migraines and sinus headaches.
There are a lot other things that you can use oregano oil in, the only point is that you reap the benefits only if you prepare it successfully as mentioned here. Now that you know how to make oregano oil, why do you delay still? Try making the oil and thus enjoy its benefits.