Fruits are one of the best foods that have innumerable benefits for the body, skin and hair. There is nothing more beneficial than adding fruits to your daily diet to ensure that the nutrient requirement is met. One of the best fruits has has various advantages in store is pomegranate.
A good way to reap benefits from the fruit is to prepare a glass of delicious pomegranate juice. The best part is that it is quite easy and quick to make pomegranate juice. To show you the right direction, the steps of preparation are given below: –
How to Make Pomegranate Juice at Home:
Pomegranate – 1 piece
Sugar or honey – To taste
Water – 240 ml
Method of Preparation:
1. Take the pomegranate and cut it into two halves. This should be dipped in a bowl that is full of water for a while. The seeds of the pomegranate should be taken out while it is submerged in the bowl. This will ensure that the white membrane separates from the seeds and flow on top of the water.
2. The peels and the membrane are not required. It is only the seeds that are needed for pomegranate juice.
3. The seeds should be strained from the water. This should be put in a clean blender. The next is to run the blender 2-3 times which will break the seeds perfectly.
4. Take another clean bowl and a mesh strainer. Make sure they are washed properly before the mixture is poured into the mesh. Try and press the pulp as much as possible to extract the entire liquid into the bowl. This will separate the juice from the pulp.
5. To the juice, add some sugar to sweeten it. A lot of people do not consider sugar due to health reasons. Honey can be added instead, if you like the taste.
6. To this, add some water and enjoy your drink!
This is how to make fresh pomegranate juice.
[ Read: Benefits Of Oranges ]
5 Top Tips While Preparing:
1. If possible, try and adhere to organic pomegranates that have far more benefits than the ones that are normally available.
2. Clean all the bowls and utensils that are being used for the preparation of the juice. This will ensure proper hygiene and a clean and safe drink with maximum health benefits.
3. Since pomegranate is known to stain, make sure you wear a proper cover or apron before preparing the juice.
4. Take out the seeds from the peel in a gentle manner. Avoid pressing the seeds too hard or you won’t really get any juice.
5. Use a muslin cloth for straining the juice if you have an option. This is a much safer version of a mesh strainer.
[ Read: 10 Amazing Benefits Of Wheatgerm Oil ]
5 Best Benefits of Pomegranate Juice:
1. For diabetics:
Pomegranate juice helps in balancing the blood sugar levels.
2. For blood pressure:
A glass of pomegranate juice will help you keep high blood pressure at bay and as a result, also keeps the heart healthy.
3. For Immunity:
To strengthen the immune system, have some pomegranate juice each day. This will keep the diseases away!
4. Cure For Anaemia:
The high levels of minerals in the liquid, especially iron will help anaemic patients to get a natural cure. This helps in boosting the production of red blood cells.
5. Delays Ageing:
For those who want to look attractive, pomegranate juice delays ageing and suits all skin types. It also smoothes the texture of the skin and gives it a natural glow.
[ Read: Amazing Benefits Of Quinoa ]
Latest posts by Deepika Goenka (see all)
- 50 Stunning Twist Hairstyles For Short Hair - March 12, 2014
- Best Dove Skin Care Products – Our Top 10 Picks - February 20, 2014
- Best Pain Relieving Products – Our Top 10 Picks - February 15, 2014
- Best Nail Art Machines – Our Top 10 Picks - January 31, 2014
- Best O3 plus Skin Care Products – Our Top 10 Picks - January 30, 2014