Yes, you read that right. It is a workout anyways to run after kids but you can actually put some of the abundant energy that the kids run around with to some good use. When it’s too hot outside or if your toddler is too small for school, you can team up and get moving. I know it’s not a 1000 calories an hour torching workout but every bit adds up postpartum. The best part is that you can get your heart beat a little up and have fun with your toddler with these rhyming exercises for kids.
What you need is the bare minimum. Toddlers are always willing to jump about. You can create a playlist similar to the one I am mentioning and set aside around 30-40 minutes out of your routine. Clear out your space and try and get more people like other mommies involved. In fact this is a perfect social exercise – you catch up with other mommies and more the merrier. Here is the Playlist I created for myself. You can make your own on youtube or download it. The Videos are easily available on youtube – just search nursery rhymes.
Rhyming exercises for children:
Here is how you can all get together and teach your kids the rhymes and workout still, All you need are a few rhyming workouts playlists. Here is the one i made!
1. Introduction Rhyme:
Here we are just starting the mommy and me workout so any slow tune will work. I like to start off with Twinkle twinkle little star. Just stand up and recite the rhyme and make motions of up above.
2. Incy Wincy Spider: This gets you in the mood.
- Incy wincy spider climbed up the wall – Do a finger twisting motion and bring your hands above the head
- Down came the rain- Bring your Hands down
- Out came the sun and dried up all the rain – Make your hands go side to side.
- Repeat as desired
[ Read: Simple Ways to Get Exercise ]
3. If you’re Happy and you know it: Follow the directions in the rhyme
- Clap your hands
- Stomp your feet
4. Wheels on the bus
- Round and Round -Move your hands round and round
- Doors Open and shut- Make open and shut motions
- Wipers swish – Move your hands side by side
- Move on Back – Wave your hands
5. Skip to my Lou: Makes you get and up and skip. The rhyme is all about skipping so skip to your hearts content.Make waving motions for shoo fly shoo
6. Ringa Ringa Roses: Hold hands and go round and round till you all fall down
7. Head, shoulder, knees and Toes: Perfect for letting the little ones know about body parts and a little abs thrown in too. Make sure you bend all the way
8. Five Little Monkeys: Jump ,jump and jump .Make sure you have your silly face on when you say no more monkeys jumping on the bed
9. The Noble Duke of York: March up and Down
10. Hokey Pokey: This is a perfect excuse to go wonky .Get your silly moves on
11. Where is Thumbkin: Again a perfect song for learning .Follow the directions and make silly sounds
12. Barney’s I love you: Cool down with Barneys I love you. The song really does make you feel good. Give each other a tight hug.
This entire workout takes 30-40 minutes but it puts a smile on your face for the rest of the day. You can get together with a group of mommies and create a mommy and me playgroup. You can meet up at each other’s homes or parks. This is a free and entirely fun way to connect and learn. So what are you waiting for? Let’s Roll.
Latest posts by Jiya (see all)
- Top 5 Apps Every Woman Should Have To Ensure Their Safety - August 11, 2014
- 10 Yummy Oil Free Snacks Recipes To Try Out Today - July 16, 2014
- Top 10 Foods To Relieve Menstrual Cramps - July 16, 2014
- Top 6 Healthy Food Joints In Delhi - July 15, 2014
- Top 4 Fitness Centers In Bangalore - July 15, 2014