Natural diuretics are natural foods or herbs that help to increase the flow of urine. These natural foods help in flushing out excess fluids from the body. This detoxification step can also lead to loss of many vital vitamins and minerals from the body. Thus, it is important to prevent this loss by including some natural diuretics for weight loss in the diet.
Here are the top 10 natural diuretics for weight loss:
1. Green Tea:
Green teas are a natural diuretic agent, which have been used since centuries in China.
- Dandelion tea is widely used as a natural diuretic. This also helps to detoxify and cure cystitis and urinary tract infections.
- Nettle tea contains natural diuretic properties that aid good cleansing.
- Fennel tea contains carminative and diuretic properties that is used to season food.
2. Fruits and Vegetables:
- Cranberry juice: This helps to eliminate excess fluid retention.
- Apple cider vinegar: This has natural diuretic properties and helps to maintain the level of potassium. This can also be added to salad dressings, as potassium reduces fat deposits.
- Watermelons and cucumbers are natural foods that have high water content. These increases urination and flushes out toxins.
- Artichokes are also a natural diuretic that are best for digestive system. These inhibit good bacteria in the intestinal tract.
- Asparagus has asparigine that boosts the performance of your kidney and improves waste removal from your body. This also has asparagines chemical that affects the cells and breaks down fat.
- Black currants are a diuretic that contains high potassium. These are useful to treat high blood pressure and rheumatism.
- Beets help to melt down the floating body fats, especially near the liver and kidneys.
- Cabbage is useful to break the fatty deposits around the abdominal region.
- Carrots contains good amount of carotene that boosts the metabolic rate of the body and removes fat deposits.
- Celery is a rich source of calcium that breaks up the accumulated fat. This contains high water content.
- Fig has several properties – antioxidant, digestible, laxative, and diuretic and a blood cleanser.
- Horseradish helps to speed up the metabolism activity and dissolve fats from cells.
- Lettuce helps in metabolism and flushes out toxins.
- Mangoes contain depurative and diuretic properties.
- Papayas have diuretic, laxative and refreshing properties.
3. Brussels Sprouts:
These stimulate the glands and the pancreas. Also, they detoxify the waste and clean out your body cells. Brussels sprouts contain some minerals that boost the kidney performance and better cleansing of cells.
Chives are often added to a salad. They have more than 80% water and are high in protein, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, carbohydrate, and sulphur. They help to stimulate the digestive system and are the best blood cleanser.
This is popularly used in Latin cuisine due to its nourishing value. It can be added to raw vegetables, salads or other side dishes. Fennel has 90% water in its bulbous that is edible. This is an alkalinizing food that helps to loosen up mucous or phlegm and boosts digestive processes. This vegetable has good amount of sodium, potassium and iron.
Garlic is a natural diuretic food that helps to break down the fats. This is very effective for the lymph as it eliminates waste matter from the body. This aids the mucous membrane cleanser and treats sinuses, cold, asthma, and cough. This is also a good blood cleanser that helps to reduce high blood pressure. It can stimulate peristaltic action and help in the secretion of digestive juices. Garlic has 65% water and can even be used in any vegetable salad.
Parsley must always be added with other vegetable juices to reap the maximum benefits. This helps kidneys, bladder, urethra and genital organs. It boosts the secretion of digestive juices and reduces the disturbances in the liver and spleen. The water content in parsley is 85% and also contains some vitamins and mineral elements like potassium, calcium, magnesium and chlorine.
8. Watercress:This is the best blood cleanser and blood builder. This diuretic plant gives soothing effect to the lungs and boosts bile formation. Watercress has good amount of chlorophyll, sulphur and calcium.
Oats is a good source of silica. This also has a natural diuretic property.
This is the richest source of vitamin c. This boosts the metabolic process and releases water from the kidney to eliminate waste by-products.
Benefits of Diuretics Foods:
- Treats edema
- Increases metabolism
- Weight loss
- Flushes out toxins and free radicals
- Regulates digestion
- Balances electrolyte in the body
- Treats high blood pressure, swelling, kidney stones and indigestion
Side Effects of Diuretics:
- Dizzy spells
- Weight gain
- Fluid retention
Hope you found this article on diuretics and weight loss useful! Do leave us a comment.
Latest posts by Jayshree Bhagat (see all)
- Top 15 Most Beautiful Cherry Blossom Flowers - May 13, 2014
- 23 Effective Exercises For Toned Buttocks - April 25, 2014
- Best Aerobics Shoes For Women – Our Top 10 - April 11, 2014
- 14 Amazing Benefits And Uses Of Soy Protein - March 26, 2014
- Top 10 Clinics/Centers That Provide Laser Treatment For Acne Scars - March 24, 2014