Your skin is in constant need of moisture. Dry, oily or normal – all skin types need to be moisturized to remain healthy. This is the reason there is such a big market for moisturizers and hydrating lotions. The only downside to this is that with so many options, picking the right products can be hard. That’s where user experience and reviews come in. In this article, I’m going review Nivea’s Extra Whitening Body Lotion.
Nivea Extra Whitening Cell Repair and UV Protect Vit C Body Lotion
Description And Packaging
The product comes in different sizes. The biggest one comes with a pump and the smaller ones with flip caps. The smaller sized bottles resemble milk containers, white with blue caps, which I found quite cute.
The consistency of the Nivea Extra Whitening Body Lotion leans towards runny. You get an ample amount of the product just by turning the bottle upside down, without having to squeeze it. The lotion has a mild floral fragrance that is quite pleasant, making it perfect for those who do not like overwhelming scents.
Nivea Extra Whitening Body Lotion Ingredients
The two main ingredients in Nivea Body Lotion Extra Whitening Cell Repair & UV Protect Vit C are camu camu and acerola cherry.
Acerola cherry is one of the richest sources of vitamin C, only topped by camu camu. Vitamin C is an essential vitamin for skin health because it helps boost the production of collagen (the main skin protein) in your skin and keeps it healthy.
Here’s a list of the other ingredients:
Aqua, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Octocrylene, Sodium Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Tapioca Starch, Glyceryl Glucoside, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Malpighia Glabra Fruit Juice, Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Juice, Bisabolol, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Carbomer, Trisodium EDTA, Myristic Acid, Arachidic Acid, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Trideceth-9, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Parfum.
Features Of Nivea Body Lotion Extra Whitening Cell Repair & UV Protect Vit C
This lotion has a number of interesting features and claims. Keep reading to find out what they are.
- The product claims that it is formulated with superfruit extracts of camu camu and acerola cherry, making it 50 times higher in vitamin C as compared to lemon extracts.
- It helps to repair years of dullness and damage on the skin.
- The formula with SPF 15 is free of parabens, mineral oil, colorants, and bleaching. It is proven to protect the skin from the sun effectively without leaving harmful residues.
- The NIVEA Extra Whitening Cell Repair and UV Protect Lotion with SPF 15 also claims that it helps repair dull, damaged skin, dark spots, uneven skin tone, rough skin, flaky skin, cracked skin, and itchy skin. It promises visible results within 2 weeks.
Benefits Of Nivea Body Lotion Extra Whitening Cell Repair & UV Protect Vit C
Following are the benefits that this lotion offers that make it an efficient moisturizing lotion for daily use:
- Apart from being extremely light on the skin due to its runny consistency, Nivea’s Extra Whitening Cell Repair and UV Protect Lotion brightens up your skin as soon as you put it on. It spreads easily and is
- quickly absorbed into dry or damp skin. It keeps your skin moisturized throughout the day while providing protection from the sun.
- It helps even out your skin tone, minimizing skin damage and dark spots, and makes your skin firm. The lotion helps improve the skin’s elasticity by keeping it hydrated. This protects it from damage.
- The vitamin C-rich fruit extracts make this formulation 50 times higher in vitamin C as compared to lemon extracts. This helps repair damaged cells by giving your skin a collagen boost.
- The lotion has a cooling effect on the skin, and it also helps prevent sunburns to a certain extent. Not to mention, the smaller bottles are completely travel-friendly.
- The lotion is light and easily absorbed into the skin. This makes it an ideal daily moisturizing day lotion for people with oily skin and people who sweat a lot.
- With an SPF of 15, it is a good day lotion to use in the summers as it feels light on the skin and provides a little bit of protection.
- It is not greasy and does not leave behind a film of oil after use.
- It is free of chemicals like mineral oil, colorants, and parabens.
- The smaller bottles are travel-friendly and will fit right in your bag.
- The Nivea Body Lotion with extra whitening properties is easily available online on e-commerce websites as well as in local stores and supermarkets.
- While this lotion is perfect for daily use for normal and oily skin types, it can be too light for people who have extremely dry skin.
- The cooling effect and fragrance wear off within an hour or two of use.
- People with dry skin may find that they have to reapply the lotion or apply it in layers to reap its benefits.
- The lotion works to even out your skin tone rather than “whiten” it.
How Nivea Extra Whitening Body Lotion Works For Different Skin Types?
For Normal Skin
This lotion is perfect for people with normal skin. It is suitable for use all year round, and it keeps your skin healthy and soft. People with normal skin types can reap the maximum benefits from this moisturizing lotion.
For Oily Skin
The product is also ideal for people with oily skin, especially in the summers, because of its lightness. Contrary to popular belief, even people with oily skin need to moisturize on a regular basis to keep their skin healthy.
[ Read: Best Body Lotions For Oily Skin ]
For Dry Skin
This is the skin type that this lotion is the least effective on. The consistency of the lotion is too thin to be used for dry skin, and people might need to alternate between this and another heavy body lotion to reap the benefits of this lotion.
Nivea Extra Whitening Body Lotion Quantity And Price Details
As I mentioned earlier, this lotion comes in 5 different sizes, which are 50 mL, 75mL, 200mL, 350 mL, and 400 mL. Their prices are listed below.
- 50 mL – Rs. 118
- 75 mL – Rs. 130
- 200 mL – Rs. 249
- 350 mL – Rs. 350
- 400 mL – Rs. 360
Nivea Extra Whitening Body Lotion Review
My skin is slightly dry, but I also tend to sweat quite a bit, so this lotion worked pretty well for me.
When I switched from my previous moisturizer to this one, I noticed that this was much lighter and felt a lot better on my skin. It had a subtle cooling effect – a pleasure in this hot weather.
It does not make my skin feel greasy in the slightest. But, my one issue was that since my skin is slightly dry, I had to apply it in layers for it to last throughout the day. This is something that probably makes this product better suited for people with oily skin.
I did notice a slight change in the evenness of my skin after two weeks of using it every day. I wouldn’t say that it has “whitened” my skin, but it has definitely made it smoother and even. The couple of dark spots I had are almost gone, and the overall health of my skin seems to have improved. This is probably owing to the effects of vitamin C on the skin. My skin feels quite moisturized and has a healthy glow as well.
I personally love the fragrance and the instant glow that the moisturizer gives my skin. However, I wish the effects would last a little longer. But I will definitely buy this product again.
Will I Recommend It?
I definitely recommend this product for people with normal and oily skin types, especially for use in the summers and in areas that have a constantly hot climate. But it’s not something I recommend for people with extremely dry skin types or for people who are looking for a skin lightening treatment as the results on this front are minimal. It is, however, an excellent body lotion that helps even out the skin tone, especially if you are someone who has damaged skin and dark spots.
On the whole, this product is perfect to moisturize your skin, provide UV protection, and even out the skin tone. It helps revitalize damaged skin and keep it healthy. It is an ideal body lotion for daily use, especially in the summers. It is important to provide your skin and body with sufficient amounts of vitamin C, and this lotion does just that.
Have you used this lotion earlier? How did it work for you? Do let us know in the comments section below.
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion Review
- Olay Total Effects 7 in One Anti-Ageing Fairness Cream Review
- Bio Oil Review: How Bio Oil Works On Pregnancy Stretch Marks?
Latest posts by Meenal Rajapet (see all)
- Melblok Review – The Wonder Pigmentation Cream For Bright, Clear Skin! - December 6, 2017
- 20 Amazing Dark Ombre Hair Color Ideas - November 17, 2017
- 20 Gorgeous Light Brown Hair Color Ideas - November 15, 2017
- 20 Hairstyles With Side-Swept Bangs That Will Sweep You Off Your Feet - November 14, 2017
- 30 Best Stacked Hairstyle Ideas - November 8, 2017