Are you trying to lose weight? Do you think your diet plan isn’t very healthy? If you nodded along to these questions, you probably need to change your eating habits right away.
This post talks about ten nourishing and light food recipes you must try. Would you like to know what they are? Keep reading!
1. Quinoa Salmon Burger
The healthy combination of quinoa and salmon is definitely going to satiate your taste buds this summer season. It contains some amazing health ingredients that will nutrify your body and keep you healthy and fit. Always finish your meal with some green tea or sugar-free iced tea to stay full for long.
- 3 onions with ends trimmed
- One large handful of cilantro
- Two teaspoons of lemon zest
- One teaspoon of Herbamare
- Some freshly grounded pepper
- 11 and a half pounds wild salmon
- One cup of cooked quinoa
- Add the onions, cilantro, lemon zest, black pepper and Herbamare in a food processor. Wait till it’s finely minced.
- Add the salmon and quinoa as well. Next, you have to form the patty and keep it on a plate.
- Get hold of a large skillet and heat it. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and place the patty on the skillet.
- Let it cook for a couple of minutes. If the pan hasn’t been heated properly, your patty won’t cook well.
- Once the patty is ready, you can add it in between two slices of multi-grain bread. Add your favourite veggies for more taste.
2. Healthy Fish Tacos
Delicious fish tacos are popularly eaten in countries like Thailand. They taste absolutely delicious. Try some right away and there will no way you are going to regret this.
- One and a half pounds of boneless fish, finely chopped
- Lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, well peeled
- 2 Hawaiian hot chilli peppers
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of Herbamare
- Coconut oil
- Keep the fish cubes in a baking dish. It should be an 8 by 8 inch baking pan.
- Now, place the rest of the ingredients in a blender and let them blend for 30 seconds.
- Let the blend now marinate for an hour.
- Now you can proceed to cook the fish.
- Use a heavy bottomed stainless steel pan and let it heat.
- Once the pan is all heated up, add two tablespoons of oil.
- Add the fish and let it sauté for three minutes.
- Now gently remove from the skillet and add a little more oil to cook the rest of the fish pieces.
- Serve your fish tortilla with some sprouts, guacamole and cabbages.
3. Masala Chicken And Vegetable Stew
Cooking some delicious chicken and vegetable stew at home is now super easy. It doesn’t take a lot of time, and always tastes great! Here is how you should go about it.
- 2 spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion that is finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons of garam masala
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 pounds of organic chicken breast
- One can of coconut milk
- 1 to 2 cups of homemade chicken stock
- 4 big carrots
- One pound of green beans
- Some finely chopped cilantro
- Heat a pot with water. Add coconut oil, some onions and let it sauté for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add some cumin seeds and let it sauté a little more.
- Add garam masala, turmeric, sea salt and some chicken.
- Let it sauté for another two minutes.
- Now add some coconut milk to the stew.
- Cover and let it cook for 20 minutes approx.
- Add the green beans as well and let it cook till its tender.
- Garnish and decorate each bowl with some cilantro.
4. Mung Beans And Rice With Caramelized Onions
Mung beans and rice seem to be a perfect lunch idea for all those who love rice. Whether you are Indian or not, this dish is going to make you fall in love with it. It is delicious and less time consuming.
- One and a half pounds of short grain brown rice
- 1 cup of dry mung
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 6 cups of filtered water
- 1 can of organic coconut milk
- Sea salt
- Coconut oil
- Chopped onions
- Cumin seeds
- Mustard seeds
- Chopped cilantro
- First you will have to place the brown rice, mung beans, ground cumin, ginger and turmeric in a crock pot.
- Now let it cook for 3 hours approx.
- Once both the beans and rice have been cooked, add in some coconut milk and salt.
- Add some of the additional ingredients for 30 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Heat another 11 inch skillet and add some onions, oil and salt to it.
- Let it sauté for 10 minutes approx.
- After 10 minutes, add some cumin and mustard seeds.
- The onions should be caramelized by now.
- Garnish and serve with chopped cilantro.
5. Low Fat Tarragon Chicken Salad
The low fat tarragon chicken salad is one of the quickest light lunch ideas for summer months. You can add this to your meal plan and have it at least twice a week. Just be careful when it comes to portioning.
- Half a cup of low-fat Greek yoghurt
- Four tablespoons of low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of fresh tarragon
- One-fourth teaspoon of kosher salt
- One-fourth teaspoon of grounded pepper
- 2 cups of chicken
- Sliced red onions
- 3 ounces of whole grain crackers
- Bring the first five ingredients in a bowl and whisk them together.
- Toss in the chicken and onion and let it combine.
- Serve with crackers.
- The dish wouldn’t be more than 300 calories.
6. Lemon Chicken Salad
The lemon chicken salad recipe is one of the most popular light meal ideas of all time. It is nourishing, super healthy and promises to help you manage weight.
- Half a cup of chopped pecans
- 3/4th of low fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Half a spoon of grated pepper
- 3 cups of chopped chicken
- 2 celery stalks
- Small sweet onion that is finely chopped
- 2 cups of red grapes cut in halves
- Garnish with lemon
- Arrange all the pecans in one layer on the baking sheet.
- Now let it bake at 350 degrees F for the next 5 to 7 minutes.
- Let the pecans cool.
- Whisk the mayonnaise and add the next 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir the chicken, celery and the pecans. Let them blend.
- Stir the grape halves and garnish if you like.
7. Chicken Salad Sandwich With Apples
This recipe undoubtedly tops the list of light and easy meals. The chicken salad sandwich tastes great with parmesan cheese. Ending your meal with an apple would keep you full for very long.
- One tablespoon of shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Half a cup of low fat mayonnaise
- Half a teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 cups of cooked chicken breast
- One teaspoon of freshly chopped tarragon
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
- One red apple chopped
- Slices of whole wheat bread
- 12 pieces of cheese
- Bring the shallots and some vinegar in a tiny bowl. Now, let it stand for the next 10 minutes.
- Add the mayonnaise and mustard and tarragon and let it stir.
- Add chicken to the remaining mixture.
- Spread the mayonnaise on one of the slices of bread.
- Top it with lettuce.
- Divide the apples and cheese equally between the sandwiches.
- Top all the sandwiches with the chicken mixture you just prepared.
8. Sausage Vegetable And Egg Scramble
Egg scramble with sausages and veggies is a great idea for both lunch and dinner. Again, it is less time consuming and absolutely ideal for those wanting to lose weight.
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes that has been peeled and cut
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 2 spoons of unsalted butter
- 6 ounces of smoked sausages
- Half a medium onion
- Half a medium green bell pepper
- 11 and a half sliced mushrooms
- 6 large eggs
- Half a cup of whole milk
- Place all the potatoes in a deep skillet and cover it in water by an inch. Add two tablespoons of salt and let it boil in high heat. Allow it to simmer once cooked. It shouldn’t take more than 8 minutes.
- Melt some butter on the same skillet. Add the sausages and let them get cooked. Stir till it has become brown on both sides. Use a spoon to add some vegetables to the skillet and season using salt and pepper.
- Cook it in medium heat. Now add some milk in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the sausages and potatoes now. Don’t forget the vegetables either. Pour the egg mixture and let it cook for a minute.
- Serve with whole grain bread.
How did you like this post? Have you tried any of these light food recipes? Let us know your experiences in the comment box below.
- Top 10 Delicious And Healthy Food Recipes You Should Try
- 10 Tasty And Healthy Mediterranean Food Recipes
- 10 Delicious But Zero Oil Foods You Should Try
- 14 Quick And Healthy Low Calorie Dinner Recipes
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation - September 14, 2015
- 8 Energizing Foods To Eat After A Morning Run - September 11, 2015
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 6 Surprising Ways Salmon Can Benefit Your Health - September 2, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015