There is one challenge that many girls face while selecting the right makeup for a corporate environment!
We all have loads of makeup products (more than we actually need), but how to identify what’s worth keeping or how to use a product the right way?
There’s a lot to learn about makeup out there – and it can be overwhelming at times! No matter whether you’re a veteran or a beginner, these simple makeup tricks are the key to the perfect makeup routine for working ladies!
Just the slightest tweaks can make huge differences. The trick is to find a look that will enhance your natural beauty!
So, how can you look flawless at your workplace? Keep reading to know!
How to Do Office Makeup?
1. Start With Cleansing:
Before applying cosmetics in the morning, wash your face so that you’ll have the capacity to begin with a crisp canvas. Use a cleanser or simply splash some lukewarm water all over your face to wash away any dead skin on your skin. Pat it dry with a towel.
Avoid using hot water to wash your face.
2. Apply BB Cream:
Once you apply BB cream, you rescue yourself from all the jazz of applying moisturizer, sunscreen, foundation, and the hassle of brushes and sponges. BB cream instantly covers the spots on your face, and gives you an even and radiant skin.
Apply it with your fingertips.
TIP: It’s always handy to keep the BB cream in your purse all the times. Along with giving you the light coverage, it also moisturizes the skin.
3. Conceal If Required:
If you’re the one blessed with a glowing and fab skin (must admit, we secretly envy you!), then you can skip this step. And for the rest of us, we do have a trick to get that fab skin! A quick swipe of concealer (creamy ones) over the pesky zit or marks is enough to hide them.
Apply it with your fingers. Reason – the heat of your fingers helps blend the concealer to give a real and natural finish.
4. Time To Give Your Cheeks A Rosy Flush:
Now that you’re done with your base, apply a neutral-colored blush on your cheekbones. It will make you look brighter and even more awake!
If you’re running out of your desired blusher, you can use lipstick as an alternative!
5. Line Your Eyes Softly:
Give some definition to your look by applying a kohl or kajal to your lower lid. For the upper eyelid, use liquid eyeliner or a gel pencil and add some magic to your eyes. Don’t forget to swipe some along your brows to brighten the effect.
Finish it off by applying a generous coat of mascara. It will open up your eyes. And Ta-da, you’re done with your eyes!
6. Enhance Your Lips:
Make your lips appear fuller by applying a lip liner and moisturize the lips using a lip gloss rather than going with a bright lip color.
However, if your makeup feels incomplete without a lip color, add some color to your lips. Outline the lips with lip liner and evenly fill in with lipstick using a brush.
Having a lip stain in your bag can turn out to be a smart idea, both for your lips and cheeks!
Golden Rules to Remember about Office Makeup:
- The very first thing you need to remember when wearing makeup is that you very rightly need to choose the colors and shades. You have to distinguish yourself with makeup from office and other places you go out with friends and family.
- Make sure it is long lasting, because at work place you wouldn’t really have time to give touch ups.
- Make sure it is also water proof and has low maintenance. It would be ideal to touchup’s (just incase for meetings outside the office) in 5 to 10 minutes, rather than 30 to 35 minutes.
- Try purchasing makeup from brands that are of high quality and do not cause any allergic reactions.
- Also keep in mind to cover your dark circles correctly with a concealer, thus brightening your eye area, rather than making your look drowsy.
- Make sure to not look cakey. Just keep simple makeup for office and it really enhances your beauty.
- Keep your self and your skin hydrated. Hydrated skin will avoid the makeup cracks and over smudging.
- Avoid moving in and around extreme temperatures that could harm the skin.
- Drinking regular water will also help you balance and maintain your skin health.
- Always carry blotting wipes in your bag.
- Prepare your makeup a night before to avoid confusion in the morning.
- Curl your lashes before applying mascara.
- Run a piece of ice over your lips before applying lip gloss to help the color last all day.
- Finally, a formal dress and simple jewelery are enough to begin your day at office.
Voila! Splash on your favorite fragrance, blow yourself a kiss in the mirror, and you’re ready to look flawless and rock your day!
Latest posts by Jyotsana Rao (see all)
- Kill Sinus Infection in 20 Seconds With This Simple Method And Popular Household Ingredient - February 16, 2017
- No More Dark Spots, Stains, And Hyperpigmentation: This Mask Removes Them All In Just 30 Minutes! - February 16, 2017
- 15 Uses Of Mouthwash That Has Nothing To Do With Your Teeth - February 15, 2017
- Get Rid Of Dark Fingers And Joints With These Simple Remedies - February 14, 2017
- This Homemade Tea Is A Powerful Cure For Swollen Legs - February 10, 2017