Oolong tea is a variety of tea which boosts good health and helps in weight loss. People often get confused about oolong tea and green tea, and assume that they are the same. But, they are not, Oolong tea is also made from the buds, leaves and stems of Cemellia Sinensis just like green tea. So what is the difference between the two? The difference lies in the processing. While green tea is not fermented, Oolong tea is partially fermented.
Green tea, after being picked and plucked undergoes heating. This tends to halt the oxidation of the leaf. After they get dried, they are rolled intentionally to break down the cell structure. On the other hand, oolong tea after being plucked is kept under controlled conditions. They are allowed to oxidize. They are not broken and so the cell structure stays intact.
[ Read: Green tea ]
Drinking oolong tea is one of the most effective and proven ways to reduce weight. There are a few facts concerning oolong tea that makes it a better option to promote weight loss.
Oolong Tea Weight Loss
The benefits of oolong tea weight loss are as follows:
- Oolong tea blocks the absorption of carbohydrates and fats. This is one of the major benefits of oolong tea for weight loss.
- Caffeine present in oolong tea increases metabolism. This increases energy expenditure which helps to reduce body weight.
- During the processing of oolong tea, the leaves are left to oxidize. This makes oolong tea better and beneficial than other two types of teas, though both black & green tea come from same plant.
- Oolong tea increases fat oxidation. This means, it actually tells our body to burn fat for energy which automatically results in weight loss.
- The amount of polymerized polyphenols is significantly higher than in green tea or black tea. This promotes strong teeth, prevents allergies and provides naturally radiant and glowing skin.
- Drinking a cup of oolong tea in the afternoons helps in staving off the sweet cravings & energy slumps, during the late day & evenings.
- It also helps in improving the mental alertness and thinking skills. There are other benefits of oolong tea. It helps to prevent heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis and tooth decay.
- Some people drink oolong tea to treat and prevent diabetes, obesity, high cholesterol and eczema.
These are a few benefits of drinking oolong tea. It is a proven fact that oolong tea can burn up to 157% more fat in comparison to green tea. Just drinking two cups of oolong tea a day will help you shed those stubborn extra pounds by blocking the negative effects of carbohydrates and boosting your metabolism.
[ Read: Weight Loss ]
Starting your day with drinking a cup of oolong tea can help a lot in losing weight. It is considered as the best time to intake oolong tea. Not only in the morning, but drinking a cup of oolong tea before lunch and dinner will also help in boosting your metabolism while providing you energy boost. This also helps in curbing your appetite. Eating less means your body is getting only limited or no amount of calories and fats. This also helps to lose weight.
[ Read Yoga ]
If you drink a cup of oolong tea 1 hour prior to your workout, walk or yoga session, you will reap more rewards from it. Oolong tea is easily available in the market. It is prepared just like green tea.
As you now know how best oolong tea for weight loss is for you, I think you will surely give it a shot. What is your take on this?
Latest posts by Anamika M (see all)
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Feverfew For Skin, Hair And Health - April 4, 2014
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Rooibos For Skin, Hair And Health - April 2, 2014
- Best Tinted Lip Balms Available In India – Our Top 10 Picks - March 22, 2014
- Best Weight Loss Centers/Clinics In Bangalore – Our Top 10 Picks - March 22, 2014
- Christian Bale Weight Loss Routine Revealed - March 7, 2014