Use of mehandi is considered to be auspicious for weddings and other occasions in most Eastern countries. It has therefore become an inseparable part of the rituals. You will see a lot of women in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh wearing this as temporary tattoos on their hands and feet! Mehandi is in most cases is mandatorily applied by the brides during weddings, as it is said to be a sign of prosperity that bring happiness and good luck.
There are a lot of types of mehendi like the red and black, and some mixed versions, and it all depends on your choice in application Similarly there are lot of designs you can choose from like Arabic style, simple styles or even Marwari styles.
Watch a How to Make Mehendi Designs video from our StyleCrazeTv
Here I have chosen 25 Bridal Mehndi designs especially for you:
1. Intricate designs are very common in mehndi for the dulhan, because it’s her special day and she would most definitely want to amaze everyone present! This style is great as it features a picture of a bride on one hand and the picture of the groom on the other. This design which draws inspiration from Indian temple art and works looks very elegant and is apt for a bride.
2. Mehandi is not just to decorate your hands, but also your feet. Brides are also known to apply mehndi on the feet featuring various Mehandi designs. The design featured here is ideal for the dulhan who will be performing certain rites where her feet take the center of attention. The pretty motifs will make her feet look even more beautiful.
3. This one of the bridal mehendi designs is another example of the beautiful extravagant designs that can be done on the hands of the dulhan. It has been designed to make everyone curious and leaving them speechless! Here again we see motifs related to ancient temple paintings and designs surfacing. These traditional motifs will certainly bring out the beauty of the bride!
4. This design for the feet is also a pretty way to dress up your feet when you’re getting married! Here the design extends up to the half of the lower leg. The use of shading and the traditional motifs make this a beautiful choice for the dulhan.
5. When the front and back of the hand needs to be covered in beautiful bridal mehandi designs, and the next design is meant to do just that. The intricate designs are purely traditional and have floral patterns throughout the hands.
[ Read: Mehndi Back Hand Designs ]
6. There are some who prefer bridal mehandi designs that are simpler and that which cover a smaller area. But nevertheless there are many beautiful designs for them too. Here is one of them.
7. This design covers the palm and just a little part of the arm. This design has small details in it, with the total area of the design kept minimal. The intricate and magnificent details in the fingers and other portions make this design very apt for bridal mehndi.
8. Some like elaborate mehndi designs for weddings and other special occasions. After all weddings are a one time celebration and every bride wants not only to look great but also to get all the attention. So if you are one of those who prefer slightly elaborate designs with intricate and small details then try this one. It is very bridal and will suit any bride’s hands beautifully. There is mix of small as well as big motifs. The design is traditional and yet has a bit of uniqueness.
9. So you don’t want to spend hours on those intricate designs and instead prefer something simple and unique, you may choose this design as it’s perfect for the bride. It is totally clutter free with simple mehendi designs and would look lovely on the hands of the bride.
10. Are you thinking of using black mehandi instead of the traditional red? Black mehndi looks beautiful on hands of the bride and makes the mehndi designs more prominent and beautiful. Usually now a days mehndi artists use black mehndi on most occasions to draw outlines of the designs. This one looks great with the weave pattern and has very minute and intricate designs which add to its beauty. This will look unique and extremely gorgeous on the bride’s hands. For those who want unique designs to cover the back of the palm this design works best.
11. Are you looking for some more mehandi designs for your feet but are not very happy with the traditional choices? You may like this one for your feet as this is unique. Inspired from Arabic mehndi designs, this will make your feet look beautiful completely avoiding the cluttered designs and usual motifs. The design is fresh and unique.
[ Read: Full Arm Mehndi Designs ]
12. Are you looking for some unique designs which will make you the center of attraction at the wedding? Then this one is very good choice for you. The design is very simple and includes the occasional pattern and is however still kept minimal. The design in the middle is also unique in shape and the motifs included. All in all it is a very unique design for the new age bride.
13. This one is for those brides who want some trendy designs for their wedding and love the colorful mehndi options! There is the use of glitter and colorful stones & beads to add to the beauty of the mehndi. The designs are minimal but intricate and are filled with beautiful glitter and stones keeping in mind the brides dress. Even the mehndi on the feet is decorated with glitter, beads and stones.
14. Those who love black mehndi designs on their hands may try this design which fills the entire hand and is very unique too! There is a great mix of very fine designs work as well as minimal and simple portions. The black mehndi helps to keep designs very prominent and looks great on the hands of the bride. The tips of the fingers are filled in.
15. Arabic mehendi designs are now a day’s becoming very popular among brides and many artists use Arabic mehndi style as the inspiration for their designs. Brides looking for unique patterns and who love black mehndi can give this one a try. It is very subtle with no cluttered designs. The tips are also kept open. Coloured nails or plain french manicure will make this look even more beautiful. The designs are very unique and inspired by Arabic mehandi designs. This is a perfect Muslim mehndi design fit for the bride!
16. Some brides may prefer designs that are prominent and also fill up the hands. They can try the above design quite happily as these two requirements are successfully met with the help of the above design. The designs include motifs which are very traditional but with have a modern twist. This is one option of the bridal mehendi designs that is not at all boring and will suit the modern bride beautifully.
17. Peacocks feature very frequently in Indian mehendi designs as they are one of the most beautiful things in nature. Here we see the motifs related to peacock and the result is this beautiful mehndi design which is very unique. The design is different on each of the hands but the peacock is present in both of the designs. The use of varied types of designs is evident of our different mehndi traditions. There is a predominant use of figures related to Hindu marriage like swastik which makes it suitable for the bride. This will be ideal for those who love intricate and heavy dulhan mehndi designs and will look lovely on the bride’s hands.
18. Are you looking for new dulhan mehndi designs which are short and sweet? This design is very apt for those who prefer smaller designs and will look great for engagement or honeymoon. The heart design makes it very romantic and apt for the wedding too. The open tips also look great with this particular style.
19. Red mehndi looks great on brides and with so much of the focus being on the hands of the bride; it is very good to use red mehndi as it is prominent without being over the top. The red color looks great on brides and this design looks great with weaves and floral designs. Accompanied by some great accessories it makes an ideal choice for dulhan mehndi.
20. We love mehndi on our feet too and when it is time for your wedding then why leave your feet empty? This design is very apt for wedding and for the modern bride. The design is kept quite minimal and uses predominantly floral motifs. Also there is quite a lot of use of sparkle and golden glitter from the glitter tube. The design is further enhanced using beads and stones in contrasting shades. The design is also unique because of the use of glitters. This design will surely attract a lot of attention and appreciation on your wedding day.
21. Want a design which will cover a large amount of space on your legs? Then you should settle for this design. It is extended above the knee and is very apt for the bride. The patterns are simple and cover a lot of space. Occasional free spaces add to the beauty. There is also occasional shading in this design. This one design can suit both the traditional and the modern bride.
22. If you like very unique mehandi patterns, then this design will definitely catch your fancy. The design is very different from what we usually see on the hands of the bride. The designs are done with very sharp and thin lines making the designs very fine. The occasional shading and the use of modern motifs and unusual motifs make this a very unique choice for the bride.
23. If you are about to be engaged and need a simple yet appealing mehndi design which is free of clutter and excessive designs, then you may try this one. It can be customized according to your dress or outfit with added stones. The simple design looks lovely and avoids being over crowded. The design is also apt for parties or for the wedding too. A great choice for the modern bride.
24. If you love colour, then this one is for you. This design with the added colorful stones makes it a great choice for the modern brides. The designs are kept quite simple with no clutter and lots of exposed skin. The use of colourful stones and bindis for decoration add a new level to the design. The use of decorative beads makes it even more appealing. The patterns are mainly traditional as well as weave patterns which look great on wedding occasions, so rest assured you will look like a princess with this design!
25. Now for the last one, we have included a combination of very intricate designs with a hint of uniqueness. The predominance is of traditional motifs but the use of unique designs on the fingers makes this fresh. The design will look beautiful on any bride. It is a great combination of intricate designs along with unique patterns that is sure to draw attention to you on your special day!
I just loved all of these bridal mehndi designs for hands. Hope you liked them just as much!!! Which ones are you planning to try out?
- Top 10 Bollywood Bridal Mehndi Designs You Can Try
- Best Asha Savla Bridal Mehndi Designs – Our Top 10
- 10 Beautiful Punjabi Mehndi Designs
- 8 Amazing Pakistani Mehndi Designs
- Top 10 Mehndi Artists In Chennai
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by Shabby (see all)
- Comedonal Acne – What Is It And 5 Ways To Control It - March 18, 2014
- 16 Best Pongal Kolam Designs That You Should Try - February 20, 2014
- Top 25 Most Beautiful Athapookalam Designs - November 11, 2013
- 11 Different Types Of Acne And How To Identify Them? - November 8, 2013