Eat Primal, Stay Healthy!
Palaeolithic or caveman diet, as the name suggests dates way back to the Palaeolithic era when our forefathers used to hunt or gather food. Their diet mainly comprised of plants and animal protein. This highly adapted form of nutrition is based on the theory that human genetics has barely changed, and hence the ideal food habit, best suited for good health, would be the one followed by our ancestors!
Various gastroenterologists across the globe have supported this theory and recommend this form of diet for general well-being. The Paleo diet, as it is popularly known as, primarily comprises of food as close to nature as possible, like fish, vegetables, fruits, and meat of animals that are grass-fed. Any processed food including grains, dairy and salt do not classify as Paleo food. Surveys suggest that those who follow such a diet are less prone to diseases and have better health. It is said that food that human beings began to consume as the times evolved, do not suit our body metabolism, and maybe the cause for a number of diseases like obesity, Alzheimer’s, Type 2 diabetes and cancer.
While it’s difficult to emulate prehistoric man’s food habits, the Paleo diet suggests that we try and stay as close to a natural diet as possible. There are certainly some highly nutritious foods that our healthy forefathers did not consume at all but which we may want to include in our diets. Most experts suggest that we follow an altered Paleo diet that will help us stay fit and healthy. A few marked changes that you will see for yourself when you switch over to a Paleo diet are: a defined weight loss or weight control, vibrant and healthy skin tone, clear and sharp vision, sound sleep, and good energy levels.
The Paleo diet highly advocates eating whole food that is rich in fibre and low-carbohydrate, food that reduces weight and cholesterol levels,yet provides the body all the essential nutrients and vitamins.
All of us at some point or the other have followed Paleo diets without even realising it. It is quite easy and does not need elaborate cooking, perfect for those who hate cooking! Many athletes and sportsmen are advised to follow a Paleo diet as it keeps them in shape and provides the body all the necessary nutrients. The best way is to give the Paleo diet a 30 day trial. It is time that we take control of our health and go back to a more healthy diet.
What To Eat:
- Lean meat
- Vegetables and fruits
- Spices and nuts
Food To Avoid:
• Refined food items like sugar, salt and oils
Try the Paleo diet today and begin to feel younger and healthier.
- You will lose weight, especially fat, and your body will tune itself to its optimum weight. Once you shed those extra pounds, you will feel healthier, fit and energetic and ready to take on the world.
- This diet also activates your primal instincts to gather or hunt, making you feel more energetic. A few weeks into this diet, you will feel a surge of energy that gradually increases by the day.
- Stuffing your body with food no matter what kind it may be, leads to build up of toxins in the body. The Caveman diet will flush out the toxins in your body, thus cleansing the body. You will feel cleaner from inside and your skin too will glow with health!
- This diet also sharpens your senses and mind and deepens your connection to your inner self. You are sure to find your thoughts more clear and sense a deeper sense of connection with your innerself.
- By religiously following this diet, you will lower your risk to heart diseases, diabetes and certain cancers.
Here is a quick and simple Paleo soup that will make you lick your fingers.
Leek And Sweet Potato Soup:
1 chopped onion, 2 cloves of crushed garlic, 2 large cleaned leeks, 3 sweet potatoes peeled and chopped in cubes, sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Sauté the onions in coconut oil, till golden brown.
- Add leeks and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of chicken stock and sweet potatoes. Bring to boil. Allow to simmer till potatoes are cooked.
- Season it with salt and pepper to taste. Puree in a blender and serve.
This diet gives you the freedom to enjoy every morsel of your meal, which is the very reason we human live for. So go ahead and feast healthy!
Don’t forget to check out this simple Paleo diet app for android.
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)