Do you have rough and dry hands? Well, they wouldn’t be a good sight, right? So, what can you do? Head to the spa for some expensive treatment? Maybe not. This is because there is an amazing manicure that you can get done right at your home! It is the paraffin wax manicure we are talking about. Would you like to know more about it? Do read this post.
How To Do Paraffin Wax Manicure at Home?
The steps to getting a homemade paraffin wax manicure are quite simple. Follow the steps provided and get soft, beautiful skin on your hands:
- First, heat the wax in a large microwave-safe bowl in 10-second intervals. Make sure that the wax is completely liquefied.
- Wait for the wax to cool. While you do so, massage your hands with a thick and rich cream or lotion. Rub it in well so that your hands are very well moisturized.
- Check to see if the wax has cooled, and dip your hand into it. Lift your hand, wait for about 5 seconds and then dip it in again. Do this until your hand is covered completely with the wax, and there are about 5 to 7 layers of it on your hand.
- Once the wax has completely covered your hand, wait as long as you wish. Sit back and relax, watching a movie or show on TV while you wait. Make sure that your hand is covered to keep the wax warm.
- You will need to leave the wax on your hand for at least 30 minutes to get excellent results. Once the time is up, go to your trash bin and peel the wax off. Massage your hand with more cream or lotion and cover with a glove or sock.
- Repeat with the other hand.
That is it! Once you are done, you will see that your hands feel soft and all the dryness and roughness is completely gone. The wonderful thing about a paraffin manicure is that it also strengthens the nails.
[ Read: Benefits Of Hot Oil Manicure ]
How to Use paraffin Wax at Home?
Paraffin wax comes in a variety of fragrances. There are brands that even add essential oils to it so that you gain amazing therapeutic benefits. Some of the essential oils added to paraffin wax are lavender, eucalyptus, vanilla, rosemary, mint, tea, peppermint, grapefruit, and peach. You can also add these oils to the wax on your own when you get a DIY paraffin wax manicure.
When you want to get a paraffin wax manicure at home, you should keep the following things in mind:
- You should wait for longer periods in between dipping your hands into the paraffin wax to make sure that the coating is as thick as it should be.
- Avoid wiggling your fingers as it will crack the coating of wax and make the entire treatment ineffective.
- Keep the wax warm for as long as you possibly can. Wrap your hands with a soft cloth while you wait. When the paraffin wax stays warm for long, it makes the therapeutic treatment more beneficial and effective.
- Do not polish your nails after this manicure because you will need to clean the oil from the surface of your nails. If you do, all the natural oils that the wax has saturated your nail plate with will be removed, making the treatment considerably less beneficial.
- Always use a generous amount of cream or lotion because it will be absorbed a lot by the wax. You should also always make sure that you use a cream or lotion that is rich.
- To make sure that your nails are hydrated extremely well, cover your nails with cuticle cream or oil. Rub the product well into your nail beds and cuticles.
- Needless to say, make sure that you check the temperature of the wax carefully before you dip your hands in. Melted wax is always scalding hot, and you absolutely do not want to burn your hands with it.
This was all about the paraffin wax uses, now we will look into its amazing benefits of paraffin wax for hands at home.
Benefits Of Paraffin Wax
As mentioned already, paraffin wax is not only great for a beauty treatment, but also for medical relief. You already know that it effectively relieves pain and improves blood circulation. With this wax, you can relax tired hands, feet, as well as other parts of your body. It is a form of heat therapy, which is highly beneficial for the treatment of various conditions.
Here is a quick look at some of the benefits of paraffin wax manicure treatment:
1. Relieves Pain
It helps in relieving pain caused by fibromyalgia, arthritis, osteoarthritis, tendonitis, bursitis, muscle stress and strain, etc. The heat from the wax has therapeutic properties that make it highly effective in treating these disorders and providing relief to sore and strained muscles.
2. Keeps Skin Soft
It helps in softening hardened skin that is caused by scleroderma, which is a disease that is caused by excessive accumulation of collagen in the skin and other organs. This condition can eventually result in serious complications if it is not treated quickly.
3. Boosts Skin Elasticity
It increases the elasticity of the skin, which in turn increases mobility and movement, especially on the skin that covers the hands. A paraffin wax manicure can help prevent cramps as well as strain in the muscles and tendons of the fingers.
[ Read: How To Do French Manicure At Home? ]
4. Cleanses The Body
It helps in the detoxification of the body as it helps open up clogged pores, which in turn stimulates the release of dirt and toxins. When this occurs, other organs in the body benefit and can function normally. Detoxification of the body with paraffin wax treatment also keeps many diseases and illnesses at bay.
As you can see, getting a paraffin wax manicure at home can give you multiple benefits. You do not have to worry about dry, cracked and rough skin caused by overworked hands. With this manicure, you can increase your skin’s elasticity and make it soft and smooth. You also relax stiff muscles and provide relief to tired hands and feet with a paraffin wax treatment. Use this beneficial wax with essential oils to have a luxurious manicure at home without having to spend an exorbitant amount of money that you would if you went to a spa or salon.
How did you like this post on paraffin wax treatment at home? Do let us know by commenting in the space provided below.
- Say Bye To Chippy Nails! This Manicure Rescues You!
- Basic Manicure Tips
- Mani-Pedi Time: What Is A Gel Manicure
- 11 Essential Manicure And Pedicure Tools
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- How To Remove Hair Color With Baking Soda? - July 20, 2017
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015
- 15 Best Selling Brands Of Rose Perfumes, Fragrances And Scents - August 19, 2015