Glowing, luminescent and pink complexion is the dream of all women!
These days our skin looks dull and damaged due to an overload of toxins and pollution. We are always looking for ways to improve our complexion.Are you tired of making a choice between tan removal and fresh dewy shine?
Introducing the pearl facial.
Pearl facial can be done either in a parlour or at home.The effects of a properly executed pearl facial are breathtaking.You will see the difference immediately. Usually I am not a fan of facials but I tried it on a friend’s recommendation. I could feel my tan fading and I had a fresh glowing look without makeup .This is perfect for oily skin. Identify your skin type and then commence with this facial.
- Removes Tan
- Brightens the face
- Makes the skin soft and supple
- Prevents premature wrinkles
- Improves elasticity of skin
- Deep cleanses oily skin to remove dirt and debris buildup. This reduces acne
Doing facials at home is economical and you can control the quality of the ingredients.You can purchase a pearl facial kit like VLCC or opt to DIY.Always remember to do a patch test before applying any product on your skin.
How to do pearl skin facial at home
The right products and technique is required to gain positive results.
- Pearl cream ( Ensure that you obtain pure and branded products )
- Pure pearl powder
- Any good and mild cleanser
- Water/ rose water for mixing
- Oil ( Preferably, olive oil) [ For dry skin]
- Fresh cream
- Lemon juice
- Any good toner
- Clean your face with a gentle cleanser, to remove any makeup and dirt buildup
- Add pearl powder to rose water (or normal water). Scrub your face with the mixture. Massage for ten minutes, very gently. If you have dry skin, add a few drops of olive oil to the mixture.
- Apply the pearl cream on your face and after 7-10 minutes, clean your face
- Make a mask of the fresh cream and pearl powder [This mask is for treating Blemishes] OR make a mask with Pearl powder, honey, egg and lemon juice [This mask prevents premature ageing of skin]. Apply the mask and after it dries, remove it using lukewarm water.Pat your face dry with a towel gently
- Finally use a good quality toner (or Rose water)
A Few Precautions:
- You may be allergic to pearl powder. So do not forget to do a patch test and if there is any itching or burning sensation. If yes, then it is better to avoid this facial
- If you are have sensitive skin, avoid this facial as pearl powder is a known allergen
- You can break this routine into 2 parts
- You can do this facial every 4-6 weeks
- Cleansing – Just a simple cleanup can be attempted every fortnight
- Include mask, steaming and moisturization into your facial regime.
- Ensure a gentle massage of your face and the neck area .Don’t try to pull skin as this will lead to wrinkles.Also , massage in an upwards circular motion
- After a facial your skin is more sensitive to sunlight .Slather on sunscreen before sun exposure.Avoid direct sun exposure after a facial – try parasols or wraps.
Salons charge more than Rs.1000 per session, but why choose salons when you can do it yourself at home?
Do let us know if you plan to try this out! All you need to do is drop us a comment below.a
Latest posts by Arpita (see all)
- Sharon Stone’s Best Kept Beauty Secrets REVEALED! - March 4, 2013
- 10 Best Inspiring Makeup Tips From Mickey Contractor - February 22, 2013
- Best Chanel Nail Polishes – Our Top 10 - February 16, 2013
- Penelope Cruz’s Beauty Secrets - December 22, 2012
- Sridevi’s Beauty Secrets Revealed - December 22, 2012