When it comes to acne, the dilemma is usually two-fold. It is not just the acne that you have to tackle, but also the scars it leaves behind that are far more troubling and persistent.
The aftermath of an acne breakout is a trail of reddish-brown spots on the skin and in more severe cases, uneven skin contour. For individuals with a chronic acne problem, it can be highly frustrating and they can feel their confidence plummet.
It’s difficult to cover acne scars with makeup. And despite your arsenal of cosmetic and home remedies, some scars just refuse to fade away. The good news is, regardless of the severity of the acne scars you may have, there are many safe and effective acne scar removal procedures available today. These cosmetic procedures aim to give you the best results and make your wish for an even-toned, spotless complexion, a reality.
What Are The Different Types Of Acne Scars?
- Rolling Scars: Rolling scars are characterized by broad depressions in the skin with rounded edges. They form when there are many scars in the same region of the skin.
- Boxcar Scars: Like rolling scars, boxcar scars, too, have broad depressions, but their edges are relatively sharper and more defined in comparison.
- Ice-Pick Scars: These are very deep and narrow scars that appear like large open pores.
- Macular Scars: These are flat pink coloured scars which are more conspicuous on fairer skin types.
- Papular Scars: These are raised dome-shaped scars which can be prominently found on the chin and nose.
What Are The Most Popular Acne Scar Removal Treatments?
- Subcision: This technique is performed under the influence of local anaesthesia. During the procedure, special needles release the bands holding the base of the scar to reduce depression.
- Peels: This technique is used to brown to black marks or pigmentation left behind acne. These superficial chemical peels, when used on your skin for 4 to 5 sessions, peel off the top layers of your skin, leaving you with a clear and spotless complexion.
- Pixel Laser Resurfacing: Approved by the US FDA, this treatment is highly effective in treating deep scars of all kinds, including acne scars, depressed accident scars, and chicken pox scars. It boosts the production of collagen, repairs your skin, and revitalizes your appearance. It reduces the depth of the scars and elevates them. By a special technique called shouldering, using the same laser, papular scars can also be treated.
- Dermal Fillers: This technique works as a quick-fix for camouflaging acne scars but doesn’t offer a permanent solution. In this treatment, your acne scars get filled up with hyaluronic acid that your body digests within 6 to 8 months.
- Intralesional Injections: In some cases of acne, there is a possibility of developing bumpy scars, known as hypertrophic scars, instead of depressions. Intralesional injections, when given, the medication is delivered directly into the bumpy scars, thus reducing the scars and also preventing these types of scars from increasing in size.
Super Skin Rejuvenation: This is a light based treatment to treat the maculary scars on the skin. It fades the colour of the scars making them less obvious on the skin.
Benefits Of Acne Scar Removal Treatments
- In less than a week, acne scar removal treatments begin to show visible results, thus helping you realize your dream of achieving clear skin quickly.
- These procedures have minimal side effects that you can counter with prescribed topical creams, lotions, and sunscreens.
- No matter how severe your acne scars might be, these acne removal techniques can help treat them over 6 to 8 sessions spaced at an interval of 1 to 2 months.
- The dermatologists apply numbing cream to your skin before beginning the treatment, making the procedures virtually painless.
Why Oliva Is The Best Place For Acne Scar Removal Treatments
- We, at Oliva, chalk out a treatment plan for you, only after a very careful examination of your skin condition. We then suggest a single or a combination of scar removal treatments best suited for your skin type, scar severity, and also type of scars.
- We provide a wide range of acne scar removal treatments that are beneficial to obtain best possible results, depending on the type and intensity of acne scars present on the skin.
- We offer state-of-the-art acne scar removal treatments (such as the pixel laser resurfacing technique) that meet international standards of quality and effectiveness. Our aim is to offer you the ideal blend of scientific expertise with a personal touch.
- Even after your treatment is over, we are always available to clear any apprehensions associated about post care and the succeeding treatment plan and response.
To know more about our Acne Scar Removal treatments, click here.
Latest posts by Dr. T N Rekha Singh (see all)
- Permanent Acne Scar Removal Treatment In Bangalore – What, Why & Where - July 16, 2015
- Holistic Pimple Treatment In Bangalore – What, Where & Why - July 16, 2015
- Holistic Pimple Treatment In Hyderabad – What, Why & Where - July 16, 2015
- Permanent Acne Scar Removal Treatment In Hyderabad – What, Why & Where - July 16, 2015