Do you feel embarrassed because of acne? Does the thought of blackheads scare you? Well, don’t worry, because we have a face mask that will eliminate all your skin worries once and for all!
The Bentonite Clay Face Mask can help rid you of these problems and also works wonders on your face. Would you like to know more? Continue with your read!
Bentonite Clay – A Brief:
Dubbed the “Black Head Buster Face Mask”, the Bentonite clay face mask helps eliminate toxins and deep-cleanses pores, thereby removing grime and extra oil from them.
The other reason this face mask is so effective is Activated Charcoal.
The Benefits Of Bentonite Clay:
Bentonite clay is good for the skin. It is usually used topically. The clay is a dirt magnet, and it pulls toxins from pores. It also draws out blackheads and eliminates acne causing bacteria. In some cases, high quality bentonite clay is even ingested to help cleanse the intestinal tract (1). Bentonite Clay is popularly used as an ingredient in natural deodorants.
[ Read: Simple Homemade Mud Masks ]
The Benefits Of Activated Charcoal:
Activated charcoal is not a more diligent variety of charcoal. It is quite similar to commoncharcoal and is created specifically for medicinal use. Usually, activated charcoal is made by heating commoncharcoal in the presence of a special type of gas, which usually makes the charcoal extremely porous. The porosity of activated charcoal helps it trap bacteria and chemicals.
There are many uses of activated charcoal, which range from treating intestinal gas and nausea to other severe problems like cholestasis during pregnancy. Activated charcoal has many proven skin benefits. It helps clear the skin and acts like a magnet, pulling out toxins from pores and cleansing blackheads. Activated Charcoal not only cleanses the skin, but also helps improve skin tone and removes dry patches. It also speeds up the healing of wounds (2).
Making The Bentonite Clay Mask:
Now that we know how beneficial Bentonite Clay and Activated Charcoal are for the skin, let’s look at how to make this particular clay mask.
[ Read: Mud Face Masks To Pamper Your Skin ]
- 2-3 capsules of activated charcoal
- ½ tsp of Bentonite clay
- 1 ½ tsp water
- Open up 2-3 capsules of activated charcoal. All you have to do is twist the ends and empty the contents in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl add the Bentonite clay powder and the water.
- Add the activated charcoal to the mix and work it until you get a smooth paste.
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser and pat dry. Make sure the skin is moist and not wet.
- Work the paste evenly on your face, making sure it gets to all parts.
- Avoid the skin around your eyes and lips.
- Once you have applied it, let it dry out for around 8-10 minutes.
- Once the mask dries, it will tighten around your skin (If you feel itchy, wash the mask off).
- When the mask dries and you wash it off, pat your face dry with a clean towel.
- Use a moisturizer on your face and let the skin breathe.
Ensure that you use a plastic or a wooden spoon to stir the mixture. Bentonite clay and charcoal have a propensity to pull toxins from metals. Thus, don’t store them in metal containers, and don’t use metal containers in any part of the preparation process.
This Bentonite clay face mask works wonders for your skin. If you happen to have some paste leftover, you can use it to effectively cure blemishes.
Use this clay to get rid of acne and blemishes. And share your experiences with us here. Leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
- 2 Simple Ways To Prepare Butter Face Mask
- 3 Simple Ways To Prepare Chamomile Face Mask At Home
- 3 Amazing Clay Face Masks For Oily Skin
- 10 Face Masks For Glowing Skin You Should Definitely Try
Latest posts by Ameya C (see all)
- 8 Facts About Washing Hands That You Don’t Want To Ignore - February 23, 2016
- 5 Best Yoga Asanas For Strong Feet - September 1, 2015
- 10 Best Essential Oils To Treat Hemorrhoids - July 23, 2015
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil Bath - June 12, 2015
- What Is Coachella Diet? - June 10, 2015