While almost everyone is on a weight loss mission, there are still some people who are desperately trying out various measures to gain some kilos! Those who are excessively skinny can find it equally depressing and difficult. There may be various reasons for a person being overly thin. Metabolism, hormonal imbalance, thyroid and poor eating habits are some of the more frequent reasons for the same.
If you are tired of being skinny and want to gain some weight then a great option to try is to use a protein powder that can help you gain some extra pounds. But before you start reading about how to use protein powder to gain weight, you should know a little about what protein powder is.
What is Protein Powder?
Protein powder is one of the body building supplements which may be used to replace meals, help lose weight, build body muscles or help in enhancing gaining weight. There are three types of protein powders – whey, soy and casein protein. These powders are available at various prices in the markets. You can buy them at any nutrition or chemist store near you.
Protein Powder for Gaining Weight:
- To gain weight, you will need to include whey protein in your diet. Protein helps in growing and repairing your muscles. You must consume about one hundred to two hundred calories of proteins per day. This will help you to gain about one to two pounds per week. Gaining a pound or two in a week is normal for the body.
- If you are about to start consuming protein powder then you should be acquainted with Biological Value Scale (BV). It is a scale that helps to measure the amount of protein intake in the body and also how much absorbed protein will be utilized by the body. On the Biological value scale, eggs rate at 100, beef rates at 75 and whey rates at 104. But the isolates whey is a purer form of whey which rates at about 170.
- If you want to gain weight and build muscles then you should opt for a better version of protein powder. The price does matter but when you plan to change your diet and concentrate on a specific diet, then you will have to spend a little bit of money. The isolates of whey are the most expensive form of protein available in the market and also are the best choice for increasing weight.
So now you know how to increase your weight with a protein diet. However, for those of you who have a very busy schedule you could always try out other forms of foods which contain high amount of proteins such as protein bars (which has unnecessary amount of sugars and carbohydrates), grilled chicken, eggs and milk. You could also try taking protein shakes.
You can now stop worrying about being skinny and feeling isolated. There’s always a way out to a better and healthier lifestyle.
Latest posts by Rinku Agarwal (see all)
- Top 5 Olay Products For Oily Skin - March 18, 2014
- 8 Homemade Collagen Face Packs You Can Try Today - March 13, 2014
- Best Thalgo Skin Care Products – Our Top 10 Picks - March 7, 2014
- 10 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Eye Itching - January 23, 2014
- Top 10 Skin Care Physicians In India - January 22, 2014