Looking for healthy low calorie recipes for dinner online? Search no more. This post contains some of the most delicious ideas you would love to try at least once. They are both scrumptious and healthy as well!
Below given are some quick and healthy low calorie dinner recipes for you to check out:
1. Salmon With Kale And Apple Salad:
If you thought you can’t experiment much with salmon, think again! This dish is a perfect example of how versatile salmon is. The combination of kale and apples adds more flavour to the dish. It is sweet, tangy and crunchy. There couldn’t be a better dinner recipe than this for weekdays.
- 2 small apples
- ½ cup of shredded cheese
- Handful of almonds
- Olive oil
- Make sure your salmon isn’t too cold. Let it stay outside the fridge for ten minutes before cooking.
- On the other hand, get hold of a bowl. Whisk some lemon juice with olive oil and salt. Toss the kale and mix together. Let it stay for ten minutes.
- Chop the apples and add them to the kale. You could also add shredded cheese and almonds.
- Use pepper for seasoning.
- Place your salmon on a heated pan with one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Cook till both sides are brown.
- It shouldn’t take longer than three minutes.
- Now, divide the salmon into three pieces.
- Serve with the fresh salad you just prepared.
Almonds contain monosaturated fats that prevent heart diseases (1).
2. Slow Cooker Pork Tacos:
Delicious pork tacos are now easy to cook at home by using a few simple techniques. This recipe might be a little time-consuming, but is surely worth the trouble. If you are inviting someone over for dinner this weekend, surprise them with this unique and delectable pork dish.
- 4 pounds of fatless pork ribs
- Bay leaves
- Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Corn tortillas
- Taco toppings
- 3 ancho chillies
- 3 pasilia chilles
- 3 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- Medium onion, chopped
- Place garlic, anchos and chillies in a bowl.
- Now add 3 tablespoons of water.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Peel off the garlic.
- Add the garlic and chillies to the blender.
- Add onion, olive oil, honey, vinegar and chipotles.
- The oregano and salt come next.
- Blend all.
- Add a teaspoon of oil.
- Take a large skillet and add a tablespoon of oil in it.
- Next comes chilli sauce.
- Fry until thick.
- Pour the broth and add the pork ribs.
- Add salt and season.
- Bay leaves and cinnamon stick come next.
- Cook for 5 hours.
- Shred the pork and discard the leaves.
- Add them to the tortillas with toppings.
Pork contains thiamine which is essential for increasing the functioning of the brain (2).
[ Read: Low Calorie Vegetables ]
3. Chicken Fajitas:
Chicken recipes are always fun when you make fajitas out of them. They are mouth watering, toothsome and full of taste. These wraps taste best with white wine or champagne.
- 4 tablespoons of canola oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons of seasoned salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons of dried oregano
- 5. 1 ½ ground cumin
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 ½ pounds of boneless shredded chicken
- ½ sweet red bell pepper
- ½ medium green bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 4 green onions
- 6 tortillas
- Get hold of a small re-sealable bag. Add two tablespoons of oil, lemon juice, chicken and seasonings. Seal it well and cover it for a few hours.
- Grab a large skillet next. Sauté both onion and peppers. Wait till they turn golden.
- Add marinade. Cook the chicken for about 5 to 6 minutes. Remember to use the same skillet. Add the pepper mixture to the pan.
- Now fill up the tortillas with the chicken you just made. Serve with salsa sauce for more taste.
Chicken contains zinc which helps you maintain a healthy appetite. (3)
4. Beef Stuffed Zucchini Recipe:
Stuffed zucchinis are a great combination of health and taste. They take only 30 minutes to prepare and promise to fill a hungry stomach.
- 4 medium sized zucchinis
- 1 pound of grounded beef
- ½ cup of chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup of spaghetti sauce
- ¼ cup of seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 cup of shredded jack cheese
- Cut out the zucchinis according to their length and remove the seeds.
- Place them in the microwave and let them warm for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the beef and onion in a skillet. Wait till they have turned pink.
- Remove heat and add sauce, egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Cover the zucchinis with the spread you just made.
- Microwave for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with sauce.
Beef is good for the health. It contains nutrients such as zinc, iron, protein and Vitamin B. (4)
5. Chicken With Rosemary Butter Sauce:
Planning a dinner date at home? If yes, then you must give this recipe a shot. It is an elegant entrée, doesn’t require too much of effort or time, and tastes lovely with the mellow sauce.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup of white wine
- ½ cup of whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary
- Cook chicken with butter for 5 minutes in a skillet. Remove and keep warm once cooking has been completed.
- Now add some wine and cream to a pan. Reduce the heat and cook until it has become thick.
- Add rosemary and the leftover butter. Serve the sauce with chicken.
Rosemary contains anti-cancerous compounds which protect your body against skin cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer and leukemia (5).
6. Penne Gorgonzola With Chicken Recipe:
Ever wanted to make yourself some rich creamy pasta for dinner? If you just said yes, then this recipe would be a great start. It is low in calories, tastes great with wine, and is quite a favourite among pasta lovers.
- 1 package of penne pasta
- 1 pound of shredded boneless chicken
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 large minced garlic clove
- ¼ cup of white wine
- ½ cup of heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of cheese
- 6 freshly sliced sage leaves
- Cook pasta according to the directions given on the package.
- Meanwhile, cook chicken in a skillet.
- Add some garlic and cook for a bit longer.
- Add cheese, sage, salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta, toss it with sauce and sprinkle cheese and parsley.
Salt regulates blood pressure, reduces irregular heartbeats and extracts acidity from your body cells (6).
7. Turkey Burgers:
Who likes to say no to burgers? However, when you are trying to manage body weight, they can be a total spoiler. We are here to take care of that craving though. This healthy turkey burger idea will surely boost good health and help you stay on track!
- 4 ounces of grounded turkey
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup of green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- ½ tablespoons of margarine.
- ½ cup of chicken broth.
- Mix turkey with eggs, onions, mustard and bread crumbs. Shape them into patties.
- Use a large skillet to melt the margarine. Add the patty to cook. Cook till its golden.
- Remove from the skillet and keep aside on a plate.
- Serve in buns using lettuce, tomato and cucumber slices.
8. Stir Fry Beef With Avocado Salad:
Beef and avocado are both great sources of health and nutrition. When cooked and garnished right, they taste absolutely delicious. It takes only 20 minutes to prepare this dish and it promises to fill up your tummy!
- 12 ounces of beef cut off into thin strips
- ¼ cup of lime juice
- ½ teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Sliced sweet onions
- Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 poblano
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 avocado, dried
- ½ cup of crumbled cheese
- ¼ cup of cilantro
- Combine beef, lime juice and chilli powder in a bowl.
- Add oil to a skillet and add onions and bell peppers to it. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add beef and marinade next. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, add avocado, cheese and cilantro to another bowl.
- Garnish beef and veggies with the remaining cilantro.
- Serve with avocado salad.
Avocado contains potassium, folate, magnesium, Vitamin C, lutein and Vitamin B6. (8)
9. South Western Pizza:
People usually say pizzas are unhealthy. But if you are going to use our recipe, then it’s not so. Bringing together some of the most healthy ingredients, this dish serves three people, manages your waistline, and takes not much time to prepare.
- Whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 cup of prepared tomato salsa
- 11 ½ cups of shredded mozzarella
- 11 ½ cups of canned black beans
- 1 sweet red bell pepper
- 2 scallions
- ¼ cup of coriander leaves
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Use baking and cooking spray.
- Place crust and sheet on top using some salsa.
- Add the cheese, beans, sliced bell peppers, scallions.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the pizza has melted.
- Garnish with coriander.
Coriander leaves aids digestion and have been used traditionally for their anti-inflammatory properties (9).
10. Chicken Breast With Brussels Sprouts:
Give yourself a healthy and low-calorie meal tonight by trying some chicken and Brussels sprouts. This recipe is super lean and low in saturated fat. If you are living alone, this dish is something you would like to cook over and over again.
- 8 ounces of boneless chicken
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- 2 stems of broccoli
- 2 spoons of olive oil
- 2 spoons of fresh lemon juice
- ¼ spoon of freshly grounded pepper
- 3 cups of thinly Brussels sprouts
- 2 stalks of celery
- ¼ cup of hazel stalks
- ¼ cup of flat leaf parsley
- 1 ounce of parmesan cheese
- Cook chicken with salt in a saucepan. Cover with water and let it boil.
- Let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Drain the chicken and let it cool aside.
- Remove broccoli stems on the other hand.
- Whisk lemon juice, oil, celery, salt and pepper.
- Add the broccoli stems and Brussels sprouts next.
- Add hazel and parsley too.
- Add chicken with dressing.
- Divide among 4 bowls.
Parsley contains flavonoids that make you less prone to cancer (10).
11. Chicken, Squash And Chickpea Salad:
The chicken, squash and chickpea salad hardly takes time to prepare. It is a lovely combination of both health and nutrition.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 ounces of chicken breast
- 1/3 cup of sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1cup of broken pita chips
- 2 ounces of chick peas
- 12 ounces of romaine hearts
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Heat your oven first to 425 degrees. Get hold of a baking sheet and toss some oil, squash, salt and pepper. Let it roast for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Now place the chicken in a second rimmed sheet and one tablespoon of the leftover oil. Season with salt and pepper. Let it roast for 20 minutes. Cook well and slice.
- Get hold of a small bowl. Add some Tahini, lemon juice and oregano. Add some oil and water to it. Now divide the lettuce in four plates. Divide the spread you just made. Don’t forget the dressing.
Chickpeas contain iron in abundance which leads to the production of blood (11).
[ Read: Low Calorie Diet ]
12. Creamy Wild Rice And Mushroom Soup:
Creamy soups can also be healthy if you start using a few substitutes instead. This recipe is perfect for all vegans who want to stay fit without compromising on taste.
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 pound of chopped mushrooms
- 1 celery, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup of white wine
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons of fresh parsley
- 1 ounce of cooked brown rice
- Heat some oil in a large skillet. Add celery, mushrooms, carrots and shallots. Keep cooking for 5 minutes. Add some flour, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Add white wine and increase the heat and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add more broth and let the mixture boil. Add rice now and cook for a couple more minutes. Garnish with sour cream and parsley.
Mushrooms fight infections and power up the immune system (12).
13. Veg Fettucine Alfredo Pasta:
Vegan style pastas are now easy to prepare at home. Simply follow the recipe to cook this delicious dish for yourself at home.
- 70 grams of onions
- 2 cloves or garlic
- A dab of oil
- ½ cup of soy milk
- ½ cup of soy creamer
- 1 cup of yeast
- Miracle noodles
- 1 teaspoon of garbanzo bean flour
[ Read: Low Calorie Lunch Recipes ]
- Drain the noodles first and microwave for a minute.
- Add some oil in a saucepan meanwhile.
- Cook till the onions have become translucent.
- Add more garlic and cook for a minute.
- Let it simmer and add margarine.
- Next comes nutritional yeast.
- Stir and add a dash of nutmeg.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Onions contain calcium, potassium and magnesium in abundance which boost health (13).
14. Greek Garbanzo Salad:
The Greek Garbanzo salad is filling, healthy, and is very low in calories. It contains fibre and protein in abundance too. There isn’t a better weight loss recipe than this.
- 3 cups of garbanzo beans
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh oregano
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ a teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil leaves
- Mix together some garbanzos, diced onion, celery, olives and lemon juice in a mixing juice.
- Now chop the parsley, oregano. Mince the garlic.
- Add salt and oil for taste.
- Stir tomato and basil before serving.
- Serve chilled.
Lemon juice contains pectin that helps you lose and maintain body weight (14).
Do try some of these easy low calorie dinner recipes and let us know your experiences in the comment box below.
- 10 Quick And Easy No-Cook Dinner Ideas You Can Try Right Now
- Top 15 Indian Vegetarian Dinner Recipes You Can Try
- Top 15 Yummy Vegetarian Dinner Recipes You Should Definitely Try
- Top 5 Tasty Indian Egg Recipes For Dinner
- Top 10 Healthy Low Calorie Soups With Their Calorie Counts
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation - September 14, 2015
- 8 Energizing Foods To Eat After A Morning Run - September 11, 2015
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015
- 8 Amazing Benefits Of Tilapia Fish - August 26, 2015