Looking for some really good fibre filled breakfast ideas? We have brought you some of the most popular recipes from all corners of the world. These are not just mouth-watering, but are super-healthy as well! Would you like to know more? Keep reading!
Why Should You Eat Breakfast?
Yes! Your parents were right when they said breakfast is the most important meal of the day. In fact, when you miss out on breakfast, you miss out on health. Here are a few reasons that tell you why breakfast is vital for your body and why you should never miss out on it.
- Eating breakfast regularly helps you manage body weight. According to several studies, people who eat breakfast tend to weigh less than those who don’t (1).
- Secondly, breakfast helps you improve cognitive abilities. It also reduces the chances of developing mood swings and improves your performance at school or work (2).
- Third, breakfast gives you energy to last for the day. It wakes up your body and mind and boosts your physical and mental activities (3).
1. Banana Apple Porridge:
The wonderful combination of fruits and whole grains are a perfect way to start your day. Full of calcium, protein and fibre, this dish will please your taste buds, boost energy and give you enough strength to last until the next meal. Ingredients:
- One cup of chopped bananas
- Half a cup of apple cubes
- One-fourth cup of dalia
- One-fourth cup of rolled oats
- 2 cups of double toned milk
- One teaspoon of low-fat butter
- One-fourth teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Heat the butter on your pressure cooker first. Add the broken wheat to it and let it sauté for a minute.
- Add the oats next and let it sauté for another minute.
- One cup of milk comes next with a bit of water. Mix well and cook until you hear two whistles.
- Now add the cinnamon powder and mix a little.
- Place it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Before you are about to serve, add the apples and bananas and mix properly.
- Serve right away.
Interesting Fact: Bananas contain potassium and dietary fibre which protect your heart and improve cardiovascular health (4).
2. Eggs And Avocado Toast:
This recipe offers you both health and taste. It is simple, irresistible, and is something you must incorporate into your diet. This is something you can cook first thing in the morning without any hassle. Ingredients:
- One egg, beaten
- One fourth of an avocado
- One slice of whole wheat bread
- Heat your pan with one teaspoon of olive oil.
- Make yourself an omelette using one beaten egg.
- Mash the avocado with a fork in the other hand till it becomes a paste.
- Now spread it on the slice of whole wheat bread.
- Place the omelette on top.
- Your breakfast is ready to serve.
Interesting Fact: Avocados keeps your heart healthy and prevents diabetes and other cardiovascular diseases (5).
3. Banana Peanut Butter Refrigerator Oatmeal:
This recipe is ideal for the hot summer months. It is full of nutrition and certainly a great way to start a good day. Packed with protein, calcium and fibre, you can share this breakfast recipe with all your health conscious friends. Ingredients:
- One-fourth cup of rolled oats
- One-third cup of skimmed milk
- One-fourth cup of low-fat Greek yoghurt
- One tablespoon of peanut butter
- One teaspoon of honey
- One-fourth cup of diced bananas
- Get hold of a bowl or a jar. Wash it off first to ensure it’s clean.
- Now add oats, milk, peanut butter, chia seeds and honey.
- Put a lid on top of the jar.
- Shake well till it has been well combined.
- Remove the lid now and add bananas to the jar.
- Mix well.
- Return lid to the jar and let it stay in the fridge for the night.
- Serve chilled in the morning.
Interesting Fact: Oats are free of cholesterol, contain small amounts of fat and are full of rich soluble fibre (6).
4. Chicken Omlette With Brown Bread:
If you’re looking for simple and healthy recipes, this one will be ideal for you. It helps you lose weight, supplies your body with the necessary amount of protein and vitamins and tastes absolutely delicious. Ingredients:
- One whole egg
- 3-4 egg whites
- 30 grams of diced chicken
- One cup of diced capsicum
- Half a cup of chopped onion
- Half a cup of chopped mushroom
- Coriander leaves
- Whisk the egg whites together.
- Add the chicken, onion, capsicum and mushroom to it.
- Add a bit of olive oil to your pan.
- Add the mixture to the pan and cook it on low heat.
- Make sure the onions, capsicum and mushrooms are well cooked before serving.
- Serve with coriander leaves on a slice of whole wheat or brown bread.
Interesting Fact: Chicken contains protein in abundance which boosts muscle growth and keeps your body lean (7).
5. Taco Sweet Potato And Spinach Egg Bake:
Breakfasts on the go have become common in almost every Indian home these days. Nobody has the time to cook exotic dishes now. But you can still do a great job with this amazing recipe. It looks complex, but is pretty darn easy. The flavours are complex and the dish tastes superb. Ingredients:
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- 3 large eggs
- One teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon of black pepper
- One teaspoon of taco seasoning
- Half a cup of toned milk
- Half a cup of shredded cheese
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Half a cup of parsley or coriander
- One small crushed garlic clove
- Preheat your oven at first. It should be at 350 degrees F.
- Get your baking dish and add eggs, salt, pepper, taco seasoning. Whisk for 20 seconds.
- Now add milk, spinach, cheese, peppers and combine.
- Add sweet potatoes, spinach, mix well and transfer to the oven. Let it cook for 50 minutes approx.
- Remove and let it cool down for ten minutes.
- Serve hot. Cut with a knife.
Interesting Fact: Spinach is very healthy for you. It reduces the chances of developing prostate cancer and contains anti-inflammatory properties too (8).
6. Chocolate Zucchini Protein Oatmeal Cups:
This recipe is idyllic for those who love chocolates and protein. These muffins taste toothsome and are made out of some of the simplest ingredients. You don’t have to add any sugar while preparing these cupcakes. They are low in calories and are high in fibre and protein. Ingredients:
- 3 teaspoon of flax seeds
- 6 teaspoon of water
- Half a cup of almond milk
- Three fourth cup of oats
- 2 teaspoon of honey
- 2 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 2 large overripe bananas
- 2 cups of zucchini
- Three fourth cups of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- One third cup of cacao powder
- One teaspoon of baking soda
- Chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Take a bowl and whisk both flax seeds and water. Let it stay for a minute.
- Now add the almond milk and oats. Whisk that too.
- Start adding the other liquids next.
- Add honey and coconut oil next.
- Mash the bananas and grate the zucchini.
- Add the protein powder, cacao powder, baking soda and baking powder.
- Fill each tin with the batter.
- Bake it for about 27 minutes approx.
- Remove and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Serve cold or warm.
Interesting Fact: Zucchini is very low in calories; it helps you lose weight and boosts metabolism (9).
7. Power Packed Pan Cakes:
How can we miss out on delicious pancakes for breakfast? They could be a tad bit old fashioned but people still love eating these circular bundles of joy. They are gluten free, come with no artificial sweeteners and are something you will definitely enjoy! Ingredients:
- One third cup of low fat yoghurt
- One third cup of egg whites
- Half a cup of oat flour
- One scoop of powdered vanilla
- Nuts and berries for topping
- Get hold of a mixing bowl first and whisk egg whites in it. Add Greek yoghurt in it. Continue mixing.
- Add oats, vanilla and honey next.
- Preheat a skillet on medium heat. Pour the batter and cook for a few minutes.
- Flip it with a spatula and make sure it is brown.
- Serve within the next 15 minutes.
- Add raspberry jam and frozen blue berry for topping.
Interesting Fact: Consumption of yoghurt prevents colon cancer, diarrhea, constipation and inflammatory bowel disease (10).
8. Orange French Toast:
Inspired by the queen of the culinary world Nigella Lawson, orange French toast is something you should definitely try once. Made of eggs, milk, orange and marmalade, this dish is a wonderful combination of healthfulness and taste. Ingredients:
- 2 large eggs
- Pulp of one orange
- 60 ml of toned milk
- One fourth teaspoon of grounded cinnamon
- 2 thick slices of whole wheat bread
- Two tablespoons of marmalade
- One teaspoon of low fat butter.
- Use a wide dish to whisk your eggs, milk, and grounded cinnamon.
- Now soak the slices in the mixture for about two minutes.
- Next, you have to cook the slices on a saucepan for a few minutes.
- Use butter instead of oil.
- Cook the egg bread for a minute or more.
- Make sure both the sides are golden.
- Pour the maple syrup when the dish is ready.
Interesting Fact: Drinking orange juice daily lowers the chances of developing rheumatoid arthritis (11).
9. Chopped Fruit Salad:
Fruit salad is the perfect breakfast meal for weight loss. It contains protein and fibre in abundance and tastes wonderful. Ingredients:
- 250 grams of diced strawberry
- One teaspoon of pomegranate juice
- 100 grams of diced mangoes
- Half a teaspoon of lime juice
- 125 grams of blueberries
- 100 grams of low fat Greek yoghurt
- Mix the strawberries with pomegranate juice.
- Mix mango cubes with lime juice.
- Use two glasses.
- Add strawberries, mangoes, blueberries and yoghurt in layers.
- Add low fat Greek yoghurt on top.
Interesting Fact: Strawberries are considered one of the best fat burning foods (12). They are incredible weight loss managers.
10. Brussels Sprouts, Potato And Bacon Hash:
Now this recipe is something you could dry during winter. They are perfect ideas for delicious Christmas breakfasts and a great opportunity to get everyone around a table. Ingredients:
- One stalk of rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- One red onion sliced
- 60 grams of bacon
- One clove garlic
- 150 grams of Brussels sprouts
- 150 grams of potatoes
- Half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Four eggs
- First you have to cook your onion till it is golden dry.
- Add garlic and let it sauté for a minute.
- Take your sauce pan next and turn up the heat to a medium high.
- Next, add the potatoes and rosemary and let it cook for five minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprout and stir the vegetables with some lemon juice.
- Season it using salt and pepper.
- Now crack the eggs gently into the pan on four sides.
- Cover with a lid and keep cooking till the eggs are perfectly cooked.
- Serve with toasted bread.
Interesting Fact: Brussels sprouts can lower blood pressure. They also can help prevent stomach, lung bladder and oesophageal cancer (13). How did you like this post? Let us know by commenting in the box below.
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation - September 14, 2015
- 8 Energizing Foods To Eat After A Morning Run - September 11, 2015
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015
- 8 Amazing Benefits Of Tilapia Fish - August 26, 2015