Have you ever tried to lose weight and failed miserably? Ever wished for long, beautiful hair but nothing worked? Well, we completely empathize with you and have come up with the ultimate solution that will take care of your body, from head to toe! What is our secret weapon? You guessed it right—yoga!
If you live in India, you must have heard of Baba Ramdev! He is the man who revolutionized yoga and took it to the masses. Baba Ramdev’s special brand of yoga can help you live a life that is free from stress, anxiety, and lethargy. If you would like to lose some weight, simply follow a healthy diet and follow up with the Ramdev Baba yoga poses. Or if you happen to have poor quality hair and nails, use products that suit your tresses and continue doing the poses he has emphasized.
Baba Ramdev’s yoga poses can help all aspects of your life. They will also help you lead a healthier and happier life! Here is a guide about all there is to know about Baba Ramdev Yoga.
Basic Instructions/ Steps:
You need to grab a couple of things before we get started. A clean mat and a bottle of water should be enough for your requirement. Make sure you are not wearing clothes that are too tight. Jeans are definitely not recommended! Pick out a comfortable harem pant and a loose t shirt.
Each of the moves that we are about to do should be done at least 3 times a week. You have to hold each move once for 3-5 steps. Begin with the first move for each exercise. If you find it a little difficult, don’t worry! Variations are always there to help you ease into the move. If you think the move isn’t challenging enough, you can try harder versions of it as well. The whole point is to have a workout that is effective and good for your body. In case you are someone who is hoping to get quicker results, you may hold each of the pose for about 5-8 breaths. The repetitions could be increased with time as well.
1. Vajrasana/Diamond Pose:
The Vajrasana or Diamond Pose increases the supply of blood and energy to all the upper sections of your body. The pose designed by Baba Ramdev helps your digestive system and eradicates all disorders that lead to hair fall.
- Sit down on the knees. Bring your legs beneath your buttocks. You should be resting on the heels.
- Keep your palms on your thighs. They should not be facing upwards at this point.
- Your back should be straight.
- Breathe in and out. Every inhalation and exhalation should be deep.
You can hold this pose for 60 second minimum. If you have enough strength, stretch it to 120 seconds. Repeat this as many times as you possibly can. The more you do it, the better it is for your body and hair.
2. Ardha Chandraasana:
This pose is known for toning the core sections, such as upper and inner thighs as well as the buttocks. There are plenty of women who have complained that their buttocks are not toned. If this happens to be a problem area, consider this amazing pose to be your ultimate remedy. Since this move involves a stretch, you can easily burn off calories as well as the fat accumulated in your hip area. Back fat and love handles will also vanish if you do this move regularly. If you have a spine injury or a digestive problem, do not attempt this pose at all.
- Stand on the mat with your back straight. Bring your feet together.
- Bring your hands above the head and keep the palms together. Stretch as much as you can, as if you are trying to reach the ceiling. Now as you exhale, bend sideways. Remember that throughout this move, your elbows need to be straight. No bending allowed. You are definitely going to feel a stretch on your thighs as well as finger tips.
- Hold on to this for as long as you can. Come back to the first position right after this. Repeat the same pose on the other side.
The Badhakonasana pose is great for your inner thighs as well as the whole body. It will target your problem areas and work on your spine at the same time. Those who suffer from menstrual discomfort or digestive problems should definitely try this move.
- Sit on the yoga mat. Stretch out your legs and keep them in front of you.
- Your spine should be straight. Try not to bend your legs.
- Now let your hands bring and pull your legs inside so that the heels can touch each other. It should be close to each other. As you hold your feet and ankles, bring your thighs up and down as you are a butterfly. Repeat this move as many times as you can. The longer you can carry it, the better it is for you.
- The closer your legs are to the pelvis region, the better it will be for your body.
- Do not push yourself no matter what. This move can be perfected only with time and efficiency. Flexibility and time can also be counted.
4. Downward Facing Dog Pose/ Adho Mukha Svanasana:
This pose will kill all your stress and anxiety and help you relax. Since this pose requires your head to come down, it will increase the flow of blood significantly. This is why it is considered the ideal pose for relaxing your body as well as increasing hair growth.
- Stand on your mat and keep your feet flat. Your spine should be straight. You can keep the hands on any of the sides of your body. Your palms should be facing the thighs.
- This asana requires you to breathe normally. Bring the body down and the head forward. Both should coordinate with each other. You should face the ground and your palms must touch the mat.
- Bring your left leg a little backward and stretch it gently. Repeat the process with the other leg as well. In order to maintain your balance, you should make sure that your hands and feet are in coordination.
- Now breathe! As you inhale, tuck your tummy inside you. Hold the move for 60 to 90 seconds.
- As you exhale, come back to the first pose.
5. Ustrasana/ Camel Pose:
Ustrasana is a great pose that will improve the flow of blood to your brain. This move has been recommended by Baba Ramdev for all those people who have scanty hair and would like to improve their condition. The move might not be the easiest to do, but with time, one can definitely perfect it.
- Sit down on the mat and keep the spine straight. Your knees should be bent in such a way that it makes a 90 degree angle. Keep your hands on the waist. The fingers should be out in the front and thumb should be behind.
- Now inhale deeply and bend backwards. Don’t rush through the pose at all. Keep it slow.
- Hold your right feet with the right hand and left feet with the left hand. The more you are flexible, the easier it will be for you to touch the soles of your feet.
- Hold this pose for the next 30 to 60 seconds. Breathe as normally as you can. Your eyes should be staring at the ceiling. However, all of this depends on the level of comfort. If you feel any difficulty, don’t force yourself at all.
- Exhale and start with the position all over again.
6. Kapalabhati Pranayam:
The Kapalabhati Pranayam is a simple breathing exercise that will strengthen your muscles, stomach as well as the abdomen. Designed by Baba Ramdev, this is the best move you could do in order to stay stress free and lose weight. It tones your stomach and improves the digestive system at the same time. The move is quite simple and easy to do.
- Sit down on your mat comfortably. Your spine should be erect. Your palms should be on the knees and your head facing forward.
- Now as you breathe out, tighten your stomach and pull it in towards the spine.
- When the stomach muscles actually begin to loosen, you will begin to breathe in.
- Now contract the muscles of your stomach again and breathe out.
- Your stomach muscles should perform the major task of pushing out and pulling in.
- You should repeat this move about 50 times. The more you increase the repetitions, the better you will feel.
- Once you are done with this kind of breathing, you are definitely going to feel a sense of soreness around the muscle region of your stomach as well as the abdomen. There is no need to worry whatsoever since this is very normal.
- If you happen to have a heart disease or hernia, don’t do this pose.
7. Bridge Pose:
The Bride Pose of Setubandhasana happens to be a great pose that will tone your thighs, shoulders as well as the ab region. Your mind will be relaxed, the digestive system will function better and stretch your neck at the same time. It will definitely help in controlling your blood pressure level.
- Lie down on the yoga mat with your feet on the floor flat. As you exhale, push your torso and butt off the ground.
- Your neck and head should on the mat while the rest of the body should be in the air. Your feel shall be straight on the ground with knees almost bending into a 90 degree.
- In order to get some more support, allow the hands to push down. If you happen to be much more flexible, clasp the fingers below your back. This will add to the stretch. However, it is very important to remember that you shouldn’t hurt yourself or over exert too much.
- In case you have back or neck injury, this move is definitely not advisable for you.
8. Willow Pose:
This pose is great for your abs. It is easy to do and effective too!
- Stand straight and keep your arms by your side.
- Take your left foot, bend your knee and place the sole on the right thigh.
- Bring your palms together in front of your chest and hold it for 2 breaths.
- As you inhale and exhale, extend your arms upwards.
- Then bend the torso to the left. Inhale and straighten yourself.
- Repeat this move about 3-5 times.
- Switch sides and repeat as many times as you can.
Baba Ramdev yoga has helped thousands of people from all over the world. You should try it too!
Was this article informative? Share your feedback with us in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation - September 14, 2015
- 8 Energizing Foods To Eat After A Morning Run - September 11, 2015
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 6 Surprising Ways Salmon Can Benefit Your Health - September 2, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015