Breakouts are the worst! Especially when they happen on your chin. Not only is it the only thing you can think about, but you know that everyone else is staring at it too. It takes everything you have to keep your hands off your chin, and pretend that everything is normal. If you relate, we have some good news—there are some simple and painless methods to get rid of chin pimples. Read on to find out how.
Natural Preventives For Chin Pimples
Pimples are a common but nagging skin problem. More often than not, it is people with oily skin that suffer the wrath of pimples, including the ones on your chin. Once there, they only seem to endlessly spread until your chin turns into an angry colony of acne. That’s why it is always better to prevent such skin infections rather than heal them. A single pimple on chin may give rise to a number of others. To make life easier, I’ve put together this list of measures that can help prevent chin acne.
Measures To Prevent Acne
If you want to treat the zits on your chin and jawline, here are some of the practices you should adopt into your everyday skincare routine.
- Wash your face twice a day. If you wash it more often, you will strip away the natural oils from your skin. This will push the oil glands into overdrive, worsening the oil problem. Washing your face once in the morning and once before bed is ideal. Only make an exception to this rule if your face is dirty or if you have spent time sweating it out at the gym. Use an alcohol-free soap to wash your chin. Gently massage your face in circles after you apply the soap, and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Use a clean towel to pat your skin dry.
- Almost always, you spread acne by touching your oily hair and transferring the oil to your chin by touching your chin with the same hand. If you have oily hair, wash your hair with a shampoo specially formulated for oily hair and keep it from your face. Avoid touching your face too much.
- Many young girls and women use makeup to mask the acne on their chin. This is fine as long as the makeup is non-comedogenic or non-acnegenic. Try to use powder-based makeup rather than oil or cream-based makeup to prevent further clogging of your pores. Make it a point to remove all the makeup from your face before retiring to bed. Pay special attention to your chin. Apply a water-based moisturizer after cleansing your face.
- Do not forget to apply an acne cleansing product on your face, especially on your chin. Ensure that the product contains salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. In fact, you can also use two different products – one with salicylic acid and the other with benzoyl peroxide. This combination therapy often works better than single product therapy.
- Never ever scratch or pop your zits. This can worsen your acne and may result in infection. Remember, if your acne gets infected, the chances of scarring are high.
- Avoid extra oily foods. Egg yolks have a reputation for causing acne and pimples. Avoid having more than three egg yolks a week. Add a lot of antioxidants, green vegetables, fresh fruits and plenty of water into your regular diet chart.
- Do not forget to wash your mouth and chin well after a meal. Wipe the area with an astringent wet-tissue frequently when you are out in the sun and dust.
- Use a sunblock with a very high SPF every time you step out in the sun. Apply the sunscreen at least half an hour before getting out.
[ Read: Foods That Cause Acne ]
How To Get Rid Of Pimples On The Chin?
- Ice is a great healer for pimples on the chin. It radically improves blood circulation around the chin area. The pores of the skin freeze due to contact with ice. It helps to remove excess oils and dirt from the skin. Wrap the ice in a piece of cloth and apply the same over the affected area.
- Make a pack of lemon and honey. Apply this pack every day and leave it for fifteen minutes.
- Toothpaste is a common method to get rid of chin pimples. Apply a pinch of toothpaste on the pimple. Keep the paste for 20 minutes and wash off with icy cold water.
- A pack of sandalwood and fullers’ earth is also helpful in removing pimples from the chin area.
[ Read: Get Rid Of Eyelid Pimples ]
Use Oral Antibiotics With Topical Acne Medication
If you don’t find any improvement with the aforementioned tips, visit your dermatologist for a course of oral antibiotics. Remember, this is just a temporary solution and there is no way to banish acne forever. All you can do is reduce the breakouts. However, instead of relying only on antibiotics, combine it with topical acne medication. Ask your dermatologist to prescribe both. Make it a point to continue with the topical medication once you discontinue the antibiotics.
So, don’t wait for your acne till they cause ugly scars, but control them with the above mentioned tips and suggestions. Use the tips to reduce the number of zits, pimples and prevent permanent scars from occurring.
Do leave us your feedback below if you found the post helpful.
- 7 Easy Ways To Use Olive Oil To Get Rid Of Acne Scars
- 2 Simple Pimple Treatments For Oily Skin
- How Does Aloe Vera Help In Treating Acne/Pimples?
- How To Hide Pimples With Makeup
- 3 Simple Ways To Fight Pimples During Pregnancy
Latest posts by Shruti Goenka (see all)
- Create Your Own Maybelline Makeup Kit With These 10 Amazing Products - March 18, 2014
- 10 Pictures Of Emma Stone Without Makeup - March 15, 2014
- 6 Main Causes Of Hair Loss In Children - March 15, 2014
- 10 Diseases Caused By Nutritional Deficiencies - March 14, 2014
- Top 5 Keya Seth’s Bridal Makeup Packages - March 14, 2014