Breakouts are the worst! Especially when they happen on your chin. Not only is it the only thing you can think about, but you know that everyone else is staring at it too. It takes everything you have to keep your hands of your chin, and pretend that everything is normal. If you relate, we have some good news- there are some simple and painless methods to get rid of chin pimples. Read on to find out how.
Natural Preventives For Chin Pimples
Pimples are a common but nagging skin problem. You can hardly prevent the spate of a pimple attack when you are not conscious enough. No wonder, a person with oily skin needs to be more careful in order to prevent acne and pimples from popping up. It is always better to prevent such skin infections rather than heal them. A single pimple on chin may give birth to a number of others, if the infection spreads with time. Therefore, take care of your skin from the beginning.
[ Read: Dermaroller For Acne Scars ]
Measures To Prevent Acne
If you want to reduce the zits on your chin and jawline, here are some of the practices you should adopt in your everyday skin care regime.
- Wash your face just twice a day. If you wash it more often, you will strip the oils from your skin. This will put the oil glands into a hyperdrive to produce more sebum. So, wash your face once in the morning and once at night. Only make an exception to this routine if your face is dirty or you have spent time at the gym sweating it out. Use an alcohol-free soap to wash your chin. Use gentle massaging motions to apply the soap, and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Use a separate towel for your face to pat it dry.
- Many times, you spread acne by touching your oily hair and transferring the oil to your chin by touching the chin with the same hand. If you have oily hair, wash your hair every night using a shampoo, specially formulated for oily hair. If you have long hair, keep it tied, so that it does not come in touch with your chin.
- Many young girls and women use makeup to mask acne on their chin. You too can do it as long as the makeup is non-comedogenic or non-acnegenic. Try to use powder-based makeup rather than oil or cream-based makeup to prevent further clogging of your pores. Make it a point to remove all the makeup from your face before retiring to bed. Pay special attention to your chin. Apply a water-based moisturizer after cleansing your face.
- Do not forget to apply an acne cleansing product on your face, especially on your chin. Ensure that the product contains salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. In fact, you can also use two different products – one with salicylic acid and the other with benzoyl peroxide. This combination therapy often works better than the single product therapy.
- Never ever scratch your zits. This can worsen your acne and may result in infection. Remember, if your acne gets infected, the chances of scarring are very high.
- Avoid extra oily foods. Egg yolk is a prime cause behind the popping up of pimples. Avoid having more than three egg yolks a week. Add a lot of antioxidants, green vegetables, fresh fruits and plenty of water into your regular diet chart.
- Wash your mouth and the chin area generously after eating food. Wipe the area with an astringent-wet tissue frequently when you are out in the sun and dust.
- Do use a very high SPF sunblock lotion every time you step out in the sun. Apply the sunscreen at least half an hour before getting out.
[ Read: Foods That Cause Acne ]
How To Get Rid Of Pimples On The Chin?
- Ice is a great healer for pimples on the chin. It radically improves blood circulation around the chin area. The pores of the skin freeze due to contact with ice. It helps to remove excess oils and dirt from the skin. Wrap the ice in a piece of cloth and apply the same over the affected area.
- Make a pack of lemon and honey. Apply this pack every day and leave it for fifteen minutes.
- Toothpaste is a common method to get rid of chin pimples. Apply a pinch of toothpaste on the pimple. Keep the paste for 20 minutes and wash off with icy cold water.
- A pack of sandalwood and fullers’ earth is also helpful in removing pimples from the chin area.
[ Read: Get Rid Of Eyelid Pimples ]
Use Oral Antibiotics With Topical Acne Medication
If you don’t find any improvement with the aforementioned tips, visit your dermatologist for a course of oral antibiotics. Remember, this is just a temporary solution and there is no way to banish acne forever. All you can do is reduce the breakouts. However, instead of relying only on antibiotics, combine it with topical acne medication. Ask your dermatologist to prescribe both. Make it a point to continue with the topical medication once you discontinue the antibiotics.
So, don’t wait for your acne till they cause ugly scars, but control them with the above mentioned tips and suggestions. Use the tips to reduce the number of zits, pimples and prevent permanent scars from occurring.
Do leave us your feedback below if you found the post helpful.
- 7 Easy Ways To Use Olive Oil To Get Rid Of Acne Scars
- 2 Simple Pimple Treatments For Oily Skin
- How Does Aloe Vera Help In Treating Acne/Pimples?
- How To Hide Pimples With Makeup
- 3 Simple Ways To Fight Pimples During Pregnancy
Latest posts by Shruti Goenka (see all)
- Does Metformin Help You Lose Weight? - March 24, 2014
- Create Your Own Maybelline Makeup Kit With These 10 Amazing Products - March 18, 2014
- Top 5 Ayurvedic Products For Increasing Height – Works Wonders - March 15, 2014
- 10 Pictures Of Emma Stone Without Makeup - March 15, 2014
- 6 Main Causes Of Hair Loss In Children - March 15, 2014