Gleaming Bronzed bodies lazing in the sun! That’s the stuff dreams are made up of .
We all wish for a toned and healthy look rather than being pasty white. So you tried out a DIY fake tan. But youdidn’t sign up for the neon orange glow on your body? And you have a date!
Fret not, we at stylecraze are a sisterhood and we can lose that orange glow ASAP!
How to remove fake tan?
A fake tan takes some getting used to and it will fade over time.In case you are not comfortable with your overbaked tan you can try a few simple tips .Patience is the key .You can use a mix f home remedies as well as beauty products to remove that blinding hue.Here’s how to banish that glow and be the diva you are.
- Fake tan is only on the upper layers of your skin hence sloughing off will reduce the extremeness of the tan .You can
- Mix a tablespoon each of lemon juice and sugar, scrub-a-dub all over the tanned areas well. Let it sit for a few minutes to help the lemon juice do its work and rinse with warm water.
- Make a paste with brown sugar and baking soda and gently rub over skin, let it sit and do its work, then wipe off and wash with warm water.
- Each time you take a bath slough the skin by using an exfoliating product and a loofah.Skin Alert – Don’t over scrub your skin – it may lead to irritated skin.Be gentle afterall , it is your skin.
- Take full advantage of the hot sun and cool off in the pool.You can workout both your tan and your body at the same time.Chlorine in the water will also tone down stubborn areas difficult to reach yourself.Post the swim, gently rub / use a loofah to remove excess tan.
[ Read: Remedies To Remove Tan Permanently ]
Enough Said .Waxing removes the tan and dead skin and will make the skin tone lighter.
Relax in a steam or sauna for 20-30 minutes and then rub off with a wet towel.This will help in removing dead skin cells and reduce the blinding orange glare.
4. Baby oil:
Massages with baby oil will further tone down the orange hues. After massaging the oil into the skin exfoliate with a towel or loofah
You can kill two birds with one stone. You can combine tan control with excess body hair removal.You can use depilatory creams such as Veet and Anne french .These creams contain chemicals which help in breaking down the fake tan .
I know it’s an oxymoron. You tan to be darker and you bleach to be lighter .The only difference is that, this bleaching is for correction of uneven or too much fake tanning product.
[ Read: Simple Ways To Remove Tan From Hands ]
7. Apply de- tanning products:
There are a plethora of fake tan removal products available in the market which can be used a last resort.You can choose from gels, creams and exfoliants .A word of caution – Always do a patch test before using such products .You can also try detanning face packs from VLCC and Lotus herbals which will address the dual purpose of de tanning and moisturizing
Its best to wait it out and the tan will fade with time and lots of scrubbing and exfoliation. As a parting shot, remember to moisturise and moisturise as your skin has been processed with the application of the fake tan products. You can try a better brand next time and remember moderation is the key.
Do share your experience with us! Comment below.