We all love shiny hair!
Who doesn’t wish for long, silky and lustrous locks? We all envy those born with naturally shiny hair. But if you aren’t born with those kind of genes, do not worry.
The health of the hair is characterized by its strength and softness. Chemical treatments damage the hair leading to hair breakage and loss. We can follow some simple treatments made in our kitchens to make our hair healthy and glossy again.
Natural Ways To Moisturize Hair:
Given here are 6 effective home remedies to restore the moisture and shine to your hair.
Drink lot of water this helps a lot as it keeps your body hydrated. Hair is also composed of 25 % water. Water provides energy to the hair cells and promotes new hair growth. Being hydrated flushes out the excess toxins in your body .This allows for a healthy glow in the skin as well as healthy hair. You can opt to set a reminder to achieve your 8 glasses of water. Dehydration will lead to hair loss and breakage.
[ Read: Hair Breakage Home Remedies ]
Diet rich in Vitamin B and proteins promotes long and soft hair. Have you ever noticed that people from coastal areas have shinier and silkier hair? This can be contributed to their sea food rich diet. So consume a vitamin and protein rich diet to achieve soft and sleek hair.
2. Hair Masks:
DIY hair masks can help make your tresses soft and lustrous
- Add Honey to your hair care regime. A hair mask made with avocado and honey will restore depleted moisture to your hair
- Egg is another wholesome ingredient for hair masks and conditioning .
- Mix one whole egg with two tablespoons of olive oil. Smooth the mixture evenly throughout your hair and then cover with a shower cap or plastic wrap. Allow the mixture to remain on hair for ten minutes and then rinse thoroughly. The high protein and amino acid content of the egg will add strength and shine to your hair while the olive oil will help to soften and condition dry hair.
- This is a hair mask which will instantly make your hair shine. Mix all these ingredients and apply it to your hair. Rinse off with cool water .This will perk up your hair instantly
- Egg (large = longer hair, medium = shorter hair)
- Tablespoon of Honey
- Plain Yogurt (unflavored).
3. Warm Oil Massage:
Oil massage is one of the most effective home remedies for moisturizing hair. Massages increase the blood circulation to your hair .This improves their health and leads to hair growth.
- Massage your scalp gently with any warm oil to increase the blood circulation. You can opt for parachute advansed hair treatment and use the included hair massager for hair growth and shine.
- Post the massage, you can wrap a hot damp towel around your head for a spa like experience
- There are many herbal oils available in the market. You can make your own herbal oils by soaking herbs like shikakai and reetha in coconut or sesame oil.
- You can follow it up with a hair rinse .Even beer works to restore luster to your hair
4. Bolster the Cleansing Properties Of Your Shampoo:
- Add baking soda to your shampoo. Dirt buildup also makes your hair look dull and sticky. If you use too gentle a shampoo, it will not be able to clean your hair. Harsher shampoos can strip the moisture of your hair. Leaving hair dry and brittle. To combat these issues add a small amount of baking soda in the shampoo(up to a teaspoon). This removes dirt and grease from your hair to give you the shiny look.
- For a break from your regular shampoo, massage baking soda into your hair and scalp instead. This absorbs oil and loosens the dead skin on the scalp. Rinse it thoroughly with water. In the initial stages the hair would be dry but after several weeks you would be dandruff free with smooth and shiny hair.
5. Hair Rinse:
You can make your own hair rinse for your crowning glory
- One option is to use vinegar for your final rinse.
- Rinse hair with cooled steeped black tea / chamomile tea
Do treat yourself to a weekly deep conditioning treatment or hair mask.
Follow the above home remedies to add moisture to hair and your hair will be the one causing all the envy!!
Do you have any other natural ways to moisturize hair? Do not forget to share with us.
- Want Lustrous And Shiny Locks – Try These 20 Hair Tips
- How To Instantly Make Your Hair Silky And Shiny!
- 7 Natural Homemade Remedies To Get Shiny Hair
- 9 Simple Beauty Tips To Get Shiny Hair
- 7 Simple Homemade Masks For Shiny Hair