Did you ever know that the rice water that you usually throw away has a lot of vitamins and minerals? Well, it’s true! It also comes with many benefits as well.
The best part about rice water is you can make it at home in a very simple way! Would you like to know more? Keep reading!
How To Make Rice Water
Like we promised, rice water is super easy to prepare. Here is a step by step guideline that should help you with the process:
- Scoop out a bowl of uncooked rice and wash it with cold water.
- You should wash at least thrice.
- Make sure the final water is free of dirt.
- Keep boiling the rice until it has been cooked.
- Once the water has been drained in a pot, pour it in another vessel.
- There should be no grains left in the water.
- Let the water cool down so that you can store it in a glass jar.
- The rice water is now ready for regular usage.
What Does Rice Water Do To Your Skin?
Rice water can give you that perfect porcelain finish you have always dreamt of. It lightens and brightens your skin instantly and helps you achieve smooth, soft and a flawless skin tone. Rice water is better than the expensive skin whitening serums because it is natural and doesn’t cost you a dime. It removes sun spots, skin spots, wrinkles and lines of aging. Rice water also contains antioxidants that heal acne and reduce breakouts. It removes impurities from your skin, reduces your pore size and lets your skin breathe!
How To Wash Your Face With Rice Water
Pour some rice water in a bowl. Take a piece of cotton and dip it into the water. Apply all over the face in circular motions. Be gentle. Once you have done that, wait for a couple of minutes. Wash off with cold water again. Your skin will look refreshed!
[ Read: Health Benefits And Uses Of Rice Vinegar ]
Facial Mask Using Rice Water
A rice facial mask will hydrate your skin, moisturize and exfoliate it. It is a must for all those who love home-made face packs.
- Take half a cup of rice and place it in a bowl. Add two cups of water. Stir using a spoon.
- Now let the rice sit for the next half an hour. Pour the rice water through a sieve so that both the water and rice can be separated.
- Grab a pair of scissors and cut holes in a piece of paper that would fall onto your eyes, nose and the mouth.
- Now remove the paper towel and place it on your face gently.
Make Rice Flour Facial Using Rice Water
- 2 bowls
- One spoon
- Paper towel
- Small potato
- Cheese grater
- Rice flour
- Rice water.
- Use a knife to peel a potato.
- Grate the potato using a cheese grater.
- Now pick up some of the grated potatoes and squeeze the juice into a bowl.
- Add some rice flour to the potato juice. Stir till it becomes a paste.
- Add three tablespoons of rice water. Mix.
- Apply all over the face using your finger tips. Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
Benefits Of Rice Water For Skin
1. Skin Toner:
Rice water makes the best skin toner of all. It tightens your skin leaving it firm, smooth and radiant. Dab a cotton ball in a bowl of rice water and massage your face using it. The results will show in a week.
2. Heals Acne:
Breakouts can now be taken care of with rice water. Apply all over the acne area with a cotton ball. The redness effect will reduce.
3. Lightens Your Skin:
Rice water is much more beneficial than artificial beauty products. It will help you achieve a fairer and brighter complexion over time. Rice water contains no chemicals, which means your face will be nourished entirely. Massage rice water using finger tips and air dry after a few minutes.
4. Beautiful Body:
According to a dermatological study conducted at Brussels University, patients who were afflicted with dermatitis saw significant improvement after bathing for 15 minutes in rice water twice a day. So, if you have an ugly rash, use rice water as your ultimate remedy.
Is Rice Water Beneficial For Hair?
Yes, it is! Rice water is great for your hair. Recommended by doctors and experts, this healthy liquid promises to make your hair long, strong and shiny. Would you like to know how? Keep reading!
[ Read: Steps To Prepare Rice Water For Hair ]
1. Hair Conditioner
You can use rice water as a conditioner after shampoo. Apply all over the hair strands. Give it a few minutes and wash off with cold water. Do this thrice a week.
2. Reduces Split Ends
Rice water can also fight split ends naturally. Simply dip the ends of your hair in a bowl full of soaked water. Stay still. Wash your hair with running water after 15 minutes.
3. Adds Shine
Chop one banana into slices. Mash them together. Apply all over the hair using rice water and rose water. Place a plastic cap on the head. Wash off after 20 minutes.
Health Benefits Of Rice Water
Here are a few health benefits of rice water you must know:
1. Slows Down Aging Process
Rice water is full of Vitamin B1 that is healthy for your hair and skin. It slows down the aging process and enhances your beauty over time (1).
2. Protects You From Macular Degeneration
Rice water contains 8 amino acids that protect you from macular denegation. Failure to obtain amino acids can lead to degradation of body proteins (2).
[ Read: Prepare Barley Water For Weight Loss ]
3. Boosts Immunity And Metabolism
Rice water contains vitamins and minerals that boost immunity and increase aerobic metabolism. It also makes you a stronger and fitter person by increasing bone density.
Now that you know how to make rice water for skin, why don’t you give it a try? Did you enjoy reading this post? Let us know your ideas by commenting in the box below.
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation - September 14, 2015
- 8 Energizing Foods To Eat After A Morning Run - September 11, 2015
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 6 Surprising Ways Salmon Can Benefit Your Health - September 2, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015