Pimple, acne, blister, boil – call it by any name, but it all sounds bad and horrific.
Bad because of the way it looks and horrific for the problems it brings along. If only pimples could vanish in a day, life would have been lot easier for many. Feel I am exaggerating? Sure if you haven’t faced one yet (and pray that you don’t)!
Internationally renowned beautician, Shahnaz Husain, shares some of her beauty tips that can help you get rid of pimples and pimple marks. Try these Shahnaz Husain beauty tips for pimples from the comforts of your home for a pimple-free skin.
Shahnaz Husain Tips for Pimples
1. Rose Water
Pimples usually erupt in oily areas. It is hence important to control oil-secretion. For this use a special medicated soap to wash your face twice daily and use rose water. To use:
- Take some rose water and astringent in equal amounts.
- Dab this all over the washed parts of your face.
- Do this twice or thrice daily for best results.
[ Read: Rose Water Benefits ]
2. Keep Away From Besan or MultaniMitti
Using Besan and multanimitti can sometimes clog pores. This can further cause more pimples to erupt. Stay away from both totally.
[ Read: Benefits Of MultaniMitti for Face ]
3. Turmeric and Curd
Turmeric and curd have medicinal properties. This will not only treat your pimples, but also give leave you with a squeaky clean, radiant and fairer skin. To use:
- Mix the two and form a paste.
- Apply this evenly to your face regularly.
- Keep it on for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Wash off thoroughly.
[ Read: Turmeric Benefits ]
4. Sandalwood Paste and Rose Water
Sandalwood has soothing and healing properties. It cleans skin and prevents pimples from reoccurring. To use:
- Add a few drops of rose water to sandalwood powder
- Form a fine paste
- Apply this on the forehead and other affected areas with pimples or pimple marks
- Leave the paste on for at least an hour
- Wash off thoroughly
[Read: Homemade Facepacks With Besan ]
5. Glycerine and Rose Water
For pimple-prone skin, glycerine and rose water are an excellent cure. Rose water is a great toner. It contains ethanol that fights pimples from coming back and reduces blemishes. Glycerine hydrates skin without making it oily. It gets absorbed into the skin very well. To use:
- Take one part of pure undiluted glycerine
- Mix it with four parts of rose water
- Store this in a bottle and refrigerate
- Apply the mixture on your face each time you wash your face
- Just before applying it, add a few drops of lemon juice. This will help lighten the pimple spots faster (optional)
Let’s take a peek into Shahnaz’s beauty tips. All you need to get super pretty skin and hair.
12 Shahnaz Husain Tips For Beautiful Skin
9 Simple Shahnaz Hussain Beauty Secrets For Face
10 Shanaz Hussain Beauty Tips For Skin Pigmentation
16 Shahnaz Husain’s Secrets For Long And Lustrous Hair
8 Effective Shanaz Husain’s Beauty Tips For Oily Skin
Curd is rich in zinc. Zinc reduces pimples and lightens blemishes too. To use:
- Take some curd
- Mix it with turmeric and form a paste.
- Apply this daily on your face.
- Keep on for 15 to 20 minutes
- Wash off with water.
- Alternately, you can also use tomato juice with curd. Tomato juice absorbs excess oil secretion, hence controlling and curing pimples.
[ Read: Get Rid of Bumps on Face after Waxing ]
7. Neem Leaves
Neem is famous as a natural anti-septic. It is great for almost every skin problem including pimples and pimple marks. To use:
- Take a handful of neem leaves and wash them thoroughly
- Simmer all the leaves in water for some time
- Wait till the water slightly changes colour
- Let it cool completely
- Strain the water and use it to wash your face everyday
- You can also use cotton balls to dab the water and apply over affected area.
[ Read: Shahnaz Husain Beauty Products ]
8. Cucumber Juice
Cucumber juice helps in oil control. Plus it has cooling and hydrating properties. To use:
- For cleaning oily or combination skin – mix two teaspoons of cucumber juice with milk and lemon juice.
- Take a cotton pad and dip it in the mix
- Now dab it across your skin and wipe gently
- Make sure you maintain personal hygiene too.
- Drink plenty of water, fluids and juices to keep your body well-hydrated.
- Stay away from junk food completely.
- Follow a skin care routine everyday.
- Stress too adds to pimples, so avoid stress as much as you can.
[ Read: Best Concealers for Acne Scars ]
Start following these Shahnaz Husain home remedies for acne and pimples at the earliest. Don’t forget to share the results with us by leaving comments below. And remember, when you’re happy inside, it reflects outside!
Latest posts by Debolina Raja Gupta (see all)
- Best Body Care Tips – Our Top 10 - July 22, 2013
- Best Lip Tints Available In India – Our Top 7 - July 19, 2013
- 5 Hairstyles For Brides With Round Faces - July 19, 2013
- Best Cleanser For Dry Skin Available In India – Our Top 10 - July 17, 2013
- Hair Serums – What Are They & Why To Use Them? - July 17, 2013