13 Shahnaz Hussian’s secrets for Long and Lustrous Hair
Long, healthy and lustrous hair is on every woman’s wish list.
Shahnaz Husain, the CEO of Shahnaz Herbals Inc, is a prominent Indian female entrepreneur best known for her herbal cosmetics. She is the first Indian woman who brought in the concept of natural beauty in a package! Her beauty care products are all made of natural components. These are easily available in packages to help meet the needs of all those females who are conscious about their looks as well as wellness and want to avoid chemicals.
Products from the Shahnaz Hussain range are catered towards the wellness of your skin as well as hair.
Out of the many tips that the beauty guru shares here are some of the most popular beauty tips that are guaranteed to do wonders for your hair!
Shahnazhussain hair care tips
1. Fresh fruit and vegetables:
Make sure you include fresh fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
Drinking water not only quenches your thirst and keeps you hydrated, but it also aids various functions of the body. Most importantly it is great for the hair. Have at least 10 glasses of water every day.
3. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is one of the best as it works wonders for your hair.
- Heat pure coconut oil and apply it to the scalp and hair at least once a week.
- Dip a towel in hot water and tie it around the hair like a turban.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Follow it 3 to 4 times.
- This helps the oil to be absorbed better in the scalp and hair.
4. Herbal shampoos
Use a mild herbal shampoo to wash hair and avoid chemical based ones. Always follow up with a conditioner that is suited for your hair type.
5. Lemon for oily hair
For those who have oily hair, add a lemon to half a mug of water. Use this water as a final rinse after washing your hair.
6. Henna pack with lemon, coffee, egg, oil and curd
This henna hair pack is one of Shahnaz Hussain’s most famous hair tips!
- Add 4 tsp lemon juice, 4 tsp coffee powder, 2 raw eggs, 2 tsp oil and some curd to henna or mehendi powder.
- Mix well till everything turns into a paste like consistency
- Use this pack 3 times a month for soft and lustrous hair.
7. Natural hair rinse
This too is another really popular and effective hair tip by Shahnaz Hussain.
- Soak a handful each of dried amla, reetha and shikakai in a litre of water overnight.
- The next day, boil till the water is reduced to half the original quantity.
- Let it cool
- Now strain and use this mixture to rinse your hair.
- Store the remaining quantity in the fridge.
8. Lemon for dandruff
- To get rid of dandruff, oil your hair with coconut oil and leave overnight.
- The next day, apply lemon juice on the scalp and wash off after 30 minutes.
9. Avoid heat
Most hair styling techniques involve methods that expose our hair to a certain amount of damage. Heat is never good for the hair and should be avoided as much as possible.
10. Avoid hot water
Hot water has the same effect on your hair as heat treatments. It strips the hair of its natural moisture and makes it dry. Never wash your hair with hot water. Use cold water instead.
11. Towel dry
When drying your hair, make sure you always pat dry and do not rub it down. Rubbing wet hair vigorously increases the chances of breakage and hair damage.
12. Avoid tying too tight
Tying your hair tightly too often can cause damage and lead to hair breakage. Instead, tie it loosely.
13. Pillow friction
Friction from the pillow case can also cause your hair to break and fall out. Avoid using rough surfaces like cotton and stick to satin instead. This reduces friction and chances of hair damage and breakage go down considerably.
These simple and practical steps can help you better the health of your hair. Make sure you follow as many as you can. Practice them for a few weeks at least to see results. Do tell us how it helped!
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)