Do you love poker straight hair style? Are you planning to get your hair straightened? If yes, then this post is for you. Unravel few facts about hair straightening here.
Straightening can make your hair look lustrous and beautiful. A touch of iron can transform frizzy curls into straight and silky hair. The makeover looks so beautiful that we often rush to get our hair straightened without even knowing about its side effects. It is important to be aware of the right technique as well as its side effects.
Incorrect straightening technique can be dangerous and may lead to permanent hair damage. Although, leading hair salons and hair experts are extremely careful about the procedure, the side effects may vary from person to person. It also depends on the quality and type of hair. It is necessary to know about the side effects of hair straightening before going for a makeover.
[ Read: Side Effects of Hair Transplant ]
Hair Straightening Side Effects:
Generally, using any external and unnatural agent on the body may lead to possible side effects. Hair straightening is no exception. The different methods of hair straightening include direct heat and harsh chemicals which may prove dangerous at times. You cannot be sure of the product being used by your stylist.
While applying chemicals for the first time, you may be unsure if you are allergic to such compositions. It is often seen that stepping out in the sun with straightened hair may cause damage to hair health mainly because of the harmful UV rays. The chemicals might react adversely when they are exposed to direct sunlight. Therefore, it is extremely important to check the products that are used in the procedure.
- One of the most common side effects of hair straightening is excessive dryness. Use of hair dryer makes the situation even worse. Hair loses its natural moisture to a great extent; it begins to look dull and frizzy every time you step out.
- Allergy or other types of reactions are commonly associated with hair straightening. Allergic reactions mainly occur due to chemical reactions. In this case, the side effect may appear immediately after the treatment or few days after. Some of the allergies due to hair straightening include itchiness on skin and scalp, redness of scalp, rashes, itching of the eye and red eye. You should consult a doctor immediately if any side effect persists for more than a day.
- Another side effect of straightening is boredom with the poker straight hair look. Yes, you heard it right! This happens more frequently in case of permanent straightening. Once you straighten your hair permanently, it is very difficult to change the hairstyle again. In case of temporary straightening too, wearing a different style becomes impossible at times.
- Another clinical side effect of hair straightening is severe hair fall. Many people, who have straightened their hairs, have experienced the same. Use of poor quality chemicals and improper technique of using the straightening iron breaks the hair from the roots. In long term, the hair follicles become weak and hair fall continues.
[ Read: How To Use Hair Straightening Cream ]
How to Avoid the Side Effects of Hair Straightening:
Avoiding the side effects of hair straightening is easy and possible. For this, you need to visit a good and trustable hair stylist. Make sure the stylist you are engaging is a hair straightening expert.
Also, make sure your stylist uses good brand of styling products which are tested by dermatologists. Do not make a fuss while undergoing the treatment, and take good care of your hair to avoid the side effects.
- Best Remington Hair Straighteners Available In India – Our Top 10
- Best Hair Straighteners Available In India – Our Top 10
- Best Berina Hair Straightening Creams Available In India – Our Top 10
- Best GHD Hair Straighteners – Our Top 10
- 5 Methods To Straighten Your Curly Hair
- Dafni Ceramic Straightening Brush
Latest posts by Shruti Goenka (see all)
- Create Your Own Maybelline Makeup Kit With These 10 Amazing Products - March 18, 2014
- 10 Pictures Of Emma Stone Without Makeup - March 15, 2014
- 6 Main Causes Of Hair Loss In Children - March 15, 2014
- 10 Diseases Caused By Nutritional Deficiencies - March 14, 2014
- Top 5 Keya Seth’s Bridal Makeup Packages - March 14, 2014