Sikku kolams are quite popular forms of kolam. These kolams, popularly known as rangolis with dots, are very diverse in their format. Sikku kolam is also a form of Rangoli that is based on the dot grid technique. However, this technique depicts curved lines joining or circling the dots on the kolam grid. The main feature of sikku kolam designs is that the viewer cannot determine the origin and the end point of the kolam design. It appears as if the pattern continues in an infinity loop pattern. Thus, it is quite a difficult form of kolam. The designs are usually done using powdered rice or colored powder, using the hands. The grid of dots plays an important part in creating this symmetrical Rangoli design.
Here we present some Sikku kolam designs or Rangolis with dots for you to try in 2018.
1. Sikku kolams are quite complex in nature, and need trained hands to be done perfectly. If you want a simple design to do at first, here is a very simple sikku kolam that is diamond-shaped. The dot grid is diamond in shape and curved lines have been used to create this beautiful sikku kolam design. The infinity loop pattern is seen here as it cannot be understood where the pattern has started or ended.
2. This is a very common shape of Rangoli. It’s a little different from the commonly used diamond shape; nevertheless, it’s equally beautiful. The corners have two dots which gradually increase to sixteen in number in the middle. Here too, the pattern is quite simple and not at all crowded. The infinity loop pattern is evident here.
[ Read: 20 Best Rangoli Designs For Diwali ]
3. Here too, the pattern of the dots is extending from two dots on the top to eight dots in the middle. The design is simple with quite a modern touch to it. This design is small and easy for beginners to try.
4. Here a 4×4 kolam grid has been drawn in the center and the same pattern has been repeated on four sides to complete this design. The 4×4 design was done on all the sides of the Rangoli and the butterfly design was drawn using simple curved lines. This design is easy for beginners and they can make big kolam designs with the same pattern.
5. This Rangoli pattern resembles a ‘Chakra’ or the sun. The design is quite unique and different from regular sikku kolams. The pattern is based on the dot grid with eight sides and meets at the centre. The design is quite complicated with a complex dot grid.
[ Read: 50 Amazing Rangoli Designs ]
6. This design is based on a simple dot grid with 1-11 dots which are diamond-shaped. The grid is decorated with symmetrical curved lines which join to create this design. The grid here uses dots which are in line i.e. straight dots, making it easy to create and use.
7. This kolam design uses a 1-13 diamond-shaped dot grid with rows having odd numbered dots. The infinity loop pattern created, based on the dot grid looks beautiful with curved lines.
8. This design uses a diamond-shaped 10-4 dot grid. The design here is a Neer Pulli design, and uses simple curved designs to create the effect. The ends depict floral motifs which are filled with color.
[ Read: 50 Best Pookalam Designs For Onam ]
9. This colorful Sikku kolam uses curved lines of different colors together to create an attractive design. This design is quite big and a great substitute for the usual, dull one-colored kolam. Green, blue and red-colored curved lines are used here for the drawing instead of the usual white-colored lines.
10. This design is quite big in size and based on a grid of 1-13 dots. The dots are not parallel and are haphazardly numbered. The design here is quite new and unique. But, the pattern is easy and can be done by beginners too.
Hope these Sikku kolam designs are handy for the festive season and you can draw inspiration from them. Do add your favorite ones to the list.
Latest posts by Shabby (see all)
- 16 Best Pongal Kolam Designs That You Should Try In 2018 - February 20, 2014
- Top 25 Most Beautiful Athapookalam Designs To Try In 2018 - November 11, 2013
- 11 Different Types Of Acne And How To Identify Them? - November 8, 2013
- Top 10 Sikku Kolam Designs To Try In 2018 - October 31, 2013
- Amisha Patel’s Beauty And Fitness Secrets Revealed - October 17, 2013