Pregnancy is a blessing. But delivery? Maybe not.
However blissful the act of parenting is, there is but one harrowing stage every mother has to go through. Not that there is no other option. We are not here to give you bad news.
We are here to give you certain solutions (they work, btw) that help you have a normal delivery. Certain exercises that can ease the process of delivery.
Trust us when we say they work. Because they do.
Exercise During Pregnancy For Normal Delivery Videos
1. Opening hips
- Stand straight and place your feet shoulder width apart.
- Now, bend your knees and lower your body to perform a deep squat.
- Release all your energy through your pelvis.
- Take 5 deep breaths while you are squatting.
- And slowly stand up.
- Perform this 4-5 times more.
- Do not do this exercise 36 weeks into your pregnancy.
2. Pelvic Stretches
- Sit comfortably on the exercise ball, your back straight.
- Place your feet on the ground a bit wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Now, start stretching by moving your pelvis slightly forward and back.
- Repeat 20 times.
[ Read: Weight Training Exercises ]
[ Read: How To Remove Stretch Marks Naturally ]
4. Downward Dog
- Assume cat pose.
- Press your fingertips and tuck your toes.
- Now slowly lift your hips up, look down.
- Bend your right knee to put your right heel up.
- Bring your right heel down.
- Now, bend your left knee and put your left heel up.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Come down and assume child’s pose.
5. Aquatic Pregnancy Exercise
- Sit at the edge of the pool and cycle.
- Perform shoulder rotations.
- Work your shoulders and chest muscles by assuming chair position and swaying your hands in the water back and forth.
- Still in the chair position, move your hands forward and bring them back to your sides.
- Now do backstroke for back muscles and arms.
- Finish your exercise by moving your arms back and forth and your legs in and out.
[ Read: Concentration Exercises ]
6. Pelvic tilt or Angry Cat
A pelvic tilt helps in avoiding the pain a pregnant woman goes through during labor and delivery. To have a normal delivery the back needs a good amount of support, hence a pelvic tilt when done on all fours can strengthen the back muscles. Once on all fours, suck in your abdominal muscles and pull the buttocks in line with your stomach and then release.
Squats during pregnancy are a good way to give your pelvic muscles some loosening and contraction which helps in lowering delivery pain. Taking the toilet position with the support of a gym ball or holder, will give your thighs and pelvic area a good pressure to brace you up for the D Day.
[ Read: Pregnancy Exercise Videos ]
8. Cobbler Pose
Cobbler Pose or the tailor pose gives your pelvis area a good stretch. During delivery, the pelvic area undergoes heavy stress as the outlet needs to be flexible, hence this exercise helps you build flexibility and endurance power. An advice – do this exercise with a cushion below your back and thighs.
[ Read: Weight Training for Weight Loss ]
Walking is the best remedy to lose the extra weight. The body accumulates fat in many areas in the body during pregnancy due to less physical strain. Walking in the house or in the park helps create flexibility and also avoids gaining fat in odd places.
10. Deep Breathing
Deep breathing exercises help a lot during pregnancy as they help you practice for the delivery phase. They also help in proper respiration for both the mother and baby.
Taking care of yourself and your little sunshine is a must during those crucial months leading up to the delivery. Ensure that you have a healthy, happy pregnancy by taking care of a few essentials. Take a look at these:
Before you start performing these exercises, it is always better if you ask your doctor’s advice. Be careful while practicing these exercises. Have a safe pregnancy!
Latest posts by Khushboo Mehta (see all)
- 50 Red Carpet Hairstyles - November 7, 2013
- Top 10 Swimming Exercises And Their Benefits - November 6, 2013
- Top 10 Vigorous Exercises To Burn Calories Fast - October 30, 2013
- Top 10 SLS Free Shampoos Available In India - October 11, 2013
- Top 10 Greek Hairstyles That You Can Try Right Now - October 4, 2013