Are pimples robbing off your peace? Well, that will not happen anymore. Understand the causes of pimples and their types. Follow the 14 natural remedies that can help you say good bye to pimples overnight!
What are Pimples?
These are skin lesions or inflammations that occur when the sebaceous or oil glands of the skin get infected with bacteria and swells up. Pimples are also known as pustules or papule, spots and zits. The sebaceous glands that are present throughout the skin except in palms and soles secrete a waxy or oily substance called sebum. The sebum helps to maintain the oil balance of the skin and makes it look healthy. When there is any abnormality in the sebaceous gland, pimples occur.
Now that you know how to get rid of pimples overnight, go ahead and check out what actually cause them.
Click here to view an enlarged version of this infographic.
How to Get Rid of Pimples Overnight?
Here are a few effective home remedies to get rid of (remove) pimples overnight.
1. Calamine Lotion:
Cleansing must be done every day without fail before going to sleep or else your skin will not be able to breathe.
- Clean up your entire face or just the affected area with the help of an astringent.
- You need to apply calamine lotion over the affected part.
- After having a sound and peaceful sleep, wash your face in the morning.
- You will surely be happy and excited to see that your pimple has reduced from what it was the day before.
Calamine lotion improves skin health and gives you quick relief from pimples.
Honey does a miraculous job in removing pimples.
- To see its magical effect, you need to apply some honey over your pimples.
- Allow it to dry on its own for nearly an hour.
- Then rinse it off with normal water.
- Say goodbye to zits with the magical effect of honey.
Honey being a natural anti-biotic, it kills the bacteria that cause pimples. It also has hydrating properties and keeps the skin healthy.
Honey is a natural anti-biotic and works wonders in treating pimples.
[ Read: Know More About Honey Remedies ]
3. Cinnamon and Honey Mask:
If you are willing to diminish your acne within a single night you better go for this remedy.
- First of all make a paste of cinnamon along with honey.
- Then cleanse your face before applying the paste on the pimples.
- Have a peaceful and pleasant sleep.
- See the difference after washing your face next day in the morning.
Cinnamon and honey mask make a good combination and help cure pimples overnight.
Instant relief from pimples can be received from ice.
- First, take an ice cube and wrap it up in a soft and clean piece of cloth.
- Now, apply it all over your pimple and leave for few minutes.
- You can also take an aluminum foil and fold ice cubes in it. Make sure that the ice doesn’t fall out from the foil.
- Now put the foil packed ice cubes in a Ziploc bag.
- Check whether any air is trapped inside the zip lock pouch. Apply it directly on the pimples for faster relief and a soothing effect.
Ice packs provide a fast and soothing relief from pimples.
Toothpaste is another effective pimple removal treatment. Apply a small amount of toothpaste over the pimple and leave it overnight. Next morning you’ll see the difference yourself. Get ready to step out of your home without a trace of worry. Use white toothpaste, not a gel based one.
The anti-bacterial properties of toothpaste play a vital role in eliminating the bacteria that cause pimples.
6. Basil Leaves:
Liquid extracted from basil leaves is another effective weapon for fighting pimples.
- Take few basil leaves and dip them in warm water for around 20 minutes.
- Before going to bed, cleanse your face and apply the extracted liquid with the help of a cotton ball.
- Let it stay on the affected area for the entire night so that it can dry automatically.
- Rinse it off in the morning and see the difference in your skin.
The pimples have diminished and the skin is clearer. this is considered to be the best way to remove pimples overnight.
Basil leaf extract is an excellent home remedy for pimples, and the results are visible in just a day.
[ Read: Acne Control Products]
7. Orange Peel and Juice:
According to Cosmetic Dermatologist Principles and Practice states that the acidity and vitamin C content in oranges makes it a perfect cure for acne.
- First wash your hands before touching your skin, since dirty hands can introduce bacteria to the skin.
- Then wash your face with warm water as this helps to dilate the pores.
- Gently rub the orange peel on the affected area.
- You should use separate orange peels for each pimple, otherwise, there is a high chance of bacterial infection.
- Now dip a cotton ball or swab in orange juice and apply it on the acne.
- Change the cotton ball while treating acne to prevent bacteria from spreading.
- Now wash your face with cold water, this will constrict the pores and prevent from further clogging of pores.
Oranges are acidic and their high vitamin C content makes them an ideal remedy for pimples.
Papaya helps to remove dead skin cells and extra layer of oil from the skin. It has an enzyme called Papain which reduces inflammation and prevents pus from forming.
- Rinse your face with water and pat dry.
- Then mash a papaya to a consistency so that it can be easily applied to the skin.
- Apply and leave it for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off.
- If your skin gets dry after washing just apply a moisturizer to hydrate it.
Papaya treats pimples by reducing inflammation and prevents the formation of puss.
9. Banana Peel:
Like bananas are good for skin, the peels are also effective in treating acne. The peel has lutein, which is a very powerful antioxidant that helps to reduce inflammation and allows healthy cell growth.
- Peel the banana; now rub the peel on your face in a circular motion to get relief from the redness and discomfort caused by acne.
- When you have covered your face entirely with the peel, keep it for 30 minutes and then wash it off.
Lutein, a powerful antioxidant in bananas promotes the growth of healthy cells, reduces inflammation, and ultimately cures pimples.
Latest posts by Ravi Teja Tadimalla (see all)
- Best Hair Mask For Hair Growth - February 2, 2016
- This Is The Only Smoothie You Need For A Flat Belly - January 21, 2016
- Dance Cardio Is The New Way To Awesome Abs - January 21, 2016
- The Most Effective Way To Store Your Onions And Garlic So That They Last For Months - January 21, 2016