Are you facing terrible itchy sensation on your scalp? Does your day begin and end with you scratching your scalp and are you irritated about it? Then one of the reasons can be acne. Yes, scalp acne is another common problem that arises when the hair follicles clog with dirt, sweat and oil.
Worried about how to treat scalp acne at home? But wait, like any other problem, even scalp acne can be very well treated with simple home remedies. Want to know what they are? Then continue reading!
How To Get Rid Of Scalp Acne – 8 Effective Remedies:
1. Neem Water:
Neem has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that work wonderfully to cure scalp acne. Boil neem leaves in water and allow the solution to cool down. Filter out the water and apply it on your scalp. Wait for about one hour. Use the solution for diluting the shampoo and also as a hair rinse.
[ Read: Remedies For Pimples On Forehead ]
2. Fenugreek Leaves:
Mix two tablespoons of crushed fenugreek leaves with water. Apply the paste on your scalp and wait for 15 minutes. Wash off with tepid water.
3. Lemon Juice:
Squeeze out the juice of a lemon and dilute it with a tablespoon of water. Apply it on your scalp and after fifteen minutes, wash off with shampoo. It is effective in promoting a squeaky clean scalp and treats scalp zits.
4. Garlic Cloves:
Massage a mashed garlic clove on the scalp acne. This treatment helps to lessen the pain as well as removes the zit on the scalp. This remedy however is a pungent smelling one! So in case you are averse to the smell of garlic, you might find this remedy a bit difficult to follow!
5. Tea Tree Oil-Olive Oil Treatment:
Tea tree oil has anti-bacterial properties that help in fighting scalp acne. For the homemade treatment, mix tea tree oil and olive oil in equal quantities and massage your scalp gently. Leave it as such for about two hours. Rinse off.
6. Nutmeg-Milk Treatment:
Grind a nutmeg into powder and add milk (4 tablespoons). Apply the paste on your acne prone area and wait for about one hour. Rinse off with a gentle shampoo.
[ Read: Tips to Get Rid Of Dandruff Permanently ]
7. Lavender Oil-Tea Tree Oil Treatment:
Mix a tablespoon of lavender oil with four tablespoons of tea tree oil. Add two tablespoons of olive oil and mix all of them into a fine oil blend and apply the concoction on your scalp.
8. Honey-Cinnamon Treatment:
Mix two tablespoons of honey with two tablespoons of cinnamon. Apply the paste on your scalp and wait for half an hour. Wash off the scalp. The anti-inflammatory and stimulating properties of cinnamon and the anti-microbial properties of honey are effective for treating scalp acne.
Top Eight Tips For Preventing And Controlling Scalp Acne:
If you are trying hard to eliminate acne from your scalp, here are a few tips that you must keep in mind:
- Drink plenty of water to eliminate toxins from your body.
- Avoid eating processed and fried food items.
- Add more vegetables and fresh fruits to your diet.
- Make sure you sleep for at least 8 hours in a day.
- Keep your scalp clean and ensure that you keep your scalp away from the unwanted accumulation of oil, grease, dust and dirt.
- Choose a shampoo that contains ingredients like extracts of hibiscus, neem, fenugreek and essential oils like lavender oil and tea tree oil.
- Be regular with your hair care regimen, and if you are following these home remedies for scalp acne, make sure that you do them religiously. You must exhibit patience and dedication whenever you choose to treat such conditions at home.
- Don’t touch the zits or scratch them unnecessarily. This action will only aggravate the condition.
[ Read: Tips To Get Rid Of Dry Scalp ]
Now that you know how to get rid of scalp acne, let us know if you’ll give it a try. Treating scalp acne is easy if you keep these tips and tricks in mind and opt for a home remedy that is convenient for you in terms of availability of ingredients. Which treatment do you wish to try out first? Share with us in the comments section below!
- 8 Effective Treatments For Seborrheic Dermatitis Hair Loss
- What Are The Best Natural And Therapeutic Solutions For Treating Scalp Hair Loss?
- 50 Effective Home Remedies To Treat Scalp Pain
- 10 Simple Home Remedies To Fight An Itchy Scalp
Latest posts by Somreeta Mukherjee (see all)
- 10 Best Essential Oils For Your Skin - January 19, 2015
- How To Select And Wear A Waist Chain? - December 29, 2014
- 5 Simple Steps To Take Care Of Your Hair Before Marriage - December 24, 2014
- 8 Simple Home Remedies To Treat Scalp Acne - December 23, 2014
- 5 Incredible Benefits Of A Brazilian Wax - December 22, 2014