If you have acne and don’t want to use harsh chemicals that are present in almost all the skin care products today, then you should definitely try this trick to say goodbye to Acne.
All you have to do is get a bottle of Tea Tree oil and use it in any of the ways mentioned below.
But before going there, let’s quickly look at what Acne is and what are the main causes of Acne:
Acne is a disease caused due to excessive secretion of oil by skin, known as sebum. Acne can be due to hormonal imbalance, stress, unhealthy life style or stress. This gives rise to skin bumps called blackheads, whiteheads or pimples.
The sebum (natural oil produced by skin) when over-produced, clogs the pores. The dirt and dust particles mix with the excessive sebum and cause bacteria which create bumps on the skin and are called acne. And these bacteria multiply soon spreading to surrounding areas too.
But acne can be treated, and is so common that is not considered much of a “disease”.
[ Read: Benefits Of Tree Tea Oil ]
What is Tea Tree oil and how it cures Acne?
Tea tree oil for acne:
Tea tree oil also called melaleuca oil is a pale yellow to nearly colourless essential oil, derived from the leaves of the plant ‘Melaleuca alternifolia’, which is native to Southeast Queensland and the Northeast coast of New South Wales, Australia.
The reason why Tea tree oil for skin works very effectively on acne is that it cuts through dust and grease easily as it works like a solvent.
When you apply it on the pimples, it will cut through the dirt and will unclog the pores by removing all the dust and dirt, while the anti-bacterial property will kill the bacteria and prevent further out-breaks and the antiseptic property will heal the skin.
In short, Tea tree oil acne treatment for skin has the following properties. It is
- Cuts through grease and dust with ease.
So not that you know why tea tree oil is one of the best ways to cure acne, here are a few methods to use it:
Tea tree has healing properties but it also has toxins that are harmful when taken internally. Hence, any way you use it, should be external.
Another thing to keep in mind while using this essential oil is that it should always be diluted with water before use as it is very strong, otherwise it can cause allergic reactions or not be effective to cure acne.
Things you need:
- ½ cup of water
- 3-4 drops of tea tree essential oil.
How to use:
- Add 3-4 drops of the oil in water and mix well.
- Take a cotton pad and apply in to the problematic area or whole face, whatever suits you.
- Leave this for 20-25 minutes and once it dries, apply your moisturizer. You don’t need to wash this off.
- Apply to freshly cleaned face, pat your skin dry very gently.
- If you feel a little stinging sensation, it’s normal.
- Also, you can alter the drops of oil you use depending on your skin type.
- If you have sensitive skin, keep the ratio 95% water and 5% oil.
- Whereas if you have normal skin use 90% water and 10% oil.
- This can be done twice a day, to see effective results quickly.
This is one of the most common ways to use this oil.
Things you need:
- Fresh aloe-vera gel
- 2-3 drops of tea tree oil
How to use:
- Take one or one and a half spoon of aloe vera gel and mix the drops of oil in it.
- Mix it well, and apply in onto the spots or whole face.
- Wait for it to dry and get soaked in, after that wash it off with like warm water.
- Apply a good moisturizer afterwards.
- This mask can also be left overnight.
- This mask is great if you have sensitive skin.
- Things you will need:
- Green clay powder
- Few drops of tea tree oil
How to use:
- Take one to two spoons of green clay powder.
- Add 2-4 drops of the essential oil.
- Add enough water to make a paste and apply evenly on face, focusing more on the acne prone area.
- Once it dries wash off with lukewarm water and follow up with you moisturizer.
- If you want to do spot treatment you can decrease the quantity of powder and also the oil, of course.
- A little tingly sensation is fine, since it’s very strong oil.
- Green Clay will soak up all the impurities from your pores and clean them.
Tea tree oil, although effective, takes time to show results depending on your skin type and structure. So don’t be disheartened if you don’t see results in first few weeks, it may take time, but it will definitely work.
Hope this helps, if you have any doubts let me know and I shall be more than happy to help.
Try this out and enjoy acne-free beautiful skin.
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)