Meditation is one of the best ways to find relief from the hassles of everyday life. No amount of money or materialistic possessions will give you happiness until you find inner peace. It is only through meditation that one will find true happiness, joy, peace, tranquility and contentment.
But mediation is not just about sitting still and chanting a mantra! There are a number of different meditation techniques that you can try. Out of all the different kinds of meditations, one that is unique and gratifying is Jyoti meditation. This method is often used to find inner peace and satisfaction. If you want to start meditating, there is no better way to begin than with Jyoti meditation.
[ Read: How To Practice White Light Meditation ]
How To Practice Jyoti Meditation:
The practice of Jyoti meditation involves a few basic steps. Follow these steps carefully to reap the full benefits of this life-changing practice:
- In order to meditate, it is important to have a fixed time every day so that you can focus entirely on your inner self.
- Make sure to choose a calm and peaceful location. Do this meditation early in the morning in your own room.
- Light a candle and keep it right in front of you. Now sit down on a clean mat in a perfect meditating posture. Keep your back straight. The lotus pose is perfect for beginners. However, if you face any kind of trouble, sit in a comfortable position. Breathe deeply.
- Now look at the flame in front of you and concentrate on it.
- Close your eyes after this. Feel that the the candle is producing a gentle burning sensation between your eyes. In this way, you will not be seeing any kind of darkness even when your eyes are closed! The light in front of you will appear brighter and pervade your limbs as well. Gently, the light will reach up to your mouth and you will find that bitterness and animosity fade away. When it comes up to your eyes, all evil desires will be vanquished. Your mind will then be free from all kinds of sinful thoughts. This will help you to bring out the joy and happiness within yourself and spread it to others around you.
[ Read: How To Fight Depression With Meditation ]
Sri Sathya Sai Baba’s Jyoti Meditation:
Sri satya sai baba meditation is another way of practising Jyoti meditation:
The first few steps are the same in both the techniques.
- Sit on the mat, close your eyes gently and chant Om.
- Breathe deeply and stay calm. Now say “So-Hum”. As you inhale, continue saying OM mentally and when you exhale say HUM.
- As you focus on the candle, you will find a blaze in the middle of your heart. Feelings of compassion and love will flow through your body. Let the flame continue to flow to all parts of the body till you feel you aren’t in any way connected to any selfish or evil desires. In your mind, there should only be good thoughts.
- Open eyes and stare at the flame.
- Think of a special deity and repeat a mantra.
- Shut your eyes and meditate.
- End the session gently.
[ Read: Types Of Meditation Techniques ]
If you practice these techniques every day, you will realize how drastically your body has transformed internally. You will no more interested in evil acts or give into evil desires. You won’t feel the need to perform anything that is wrong and harmful. This will help you come closer to God. Try and portray a picture of God in your mind and let it shine brightly. Repeat his name as many times as you like. Chant ‘Om’ if you please.
Peace, happiness, joy—these are not mere words. These are the reasons why we live. But the real joy comes from within. And we can only tap into this endless source of happiness through meditation.
Try Jyoti meditation to fill your life with the light of God!
Do you meditate? Have you tried Jyoti meditation? Share your experience with us in the comments section below.
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Christian Meditation
- Everything You Need To Know About The Science of Meditation
- 6 Wonderful Benefits Of Water Meditation For Your Body, Mind And Spirit
- 9 Amazing Benefits Of Meditation For Leading A Healthy Life
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation - September 14, 2015
- 8 Energizing Foods To Eat After A Morning Run - September 11, 2015
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 6 Surprising Ways Salmon Can Benefit Your Health - September 2, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015