Did you ever get irritated with acne? Tried numerous medicines and ointments, but ended up disappointed because they didn’t deliver as promised? Then the humble banana peel is what you should be looking for!
The method of using banana peel for the treatment of acne is not commonly known. The problem with most commercially bought acne treatments is that they do not target the symptoms. And, if you want to get rid of acne completely i.e. prevent any future breakouts except for the usual quirks, follow the banana peel remedy that works surprisingly well.
Wondering how to get started with the banana peel remedy? Sit back and read on banana peel uses for acne! You are soon going to bid goodbye to acne, once and for all!
1. Buy Few Bananas:
Clearly, the first thing you need for this method is bananas. So, visit the grocery and buy a few.
2. Eat The Banana, Keep The Peel:
If the banana peel is still green, do not eat it yet. It must be ripe for you to use it on your skin for acne treatment. Make sure the peel is yellow and black. The peel’s colour is important because it is not known if a green coloured peel is effective in treating acne.
3. Rub The Peel On Skin:
Once you have the peel of the banana ready, use it’s inside part and rub it on the affected area. As you rub your face with the peel, you will notice a change in the colour of the peel-from yellow to black-due to the dirt on your face. Make sure you replace the peel and throw the old one away once it has turned completely black. Continue to rub your skin with the peel for at least 10 minutes. Once your skin gets used to the continual rub, it will cease to react.
[ Read: How To Remove Pimples Overnight ]
4. Do Not Wash Your Face Yet:
Even after you finish rubbing your skin, make sure you do not wash the peel remnants from your skin. The ingredients in the peel help to remove infection from the skin. Make sure you let the face stay as it is until you go to bed at night. If you end up washing your face right after rubbing the skin with the peel, you will lose whatever you gained during the procedure.
5. Continue The Use Of Banana Peel:
For optimum results, you must be consistent with the routine. After one day, you will see a slight improvement in your skin’s texture. By this time, your acne will not be red, which means that the infection has weakened and will thus subside instead of growing further.
[ Read: Banana Peel Masks And Their Benefits ]
A Few Tips And Things To Keep In Mind:
1. Massaging: Using banana peel for acne treatment does not really require the skills of a beautician to get the best results. Apart from the fact that all you require for the procedure is just a banana, you can improvise on your massaging skills and identifying when it is the time to throw the peel away.
2. Moisturizer: Try not applying moisturiser on your skin for some days until you stop using the banana peel on your skin. If it is winter and you must apply moisturiser on your skin, make sure that you do not use it on the acne.
3. Face Wash: Wash your face with water every day. It is important to avoid extensive oil production that will block the pores. Make sure you wash your face from time to time throughout the day with an oil control face wash.
Do not be under the assumption that applying acne medication or using acne washes along with this method will add to your efforts. Stick to your banana peel for acne treatment routine and you will soon find fewer acne breakouts on your skin.
Have you ever used a banana peel to treat your acne? How did you find the result? Share with us in the comments section!
- Is Banana Peel Helpful To Treat Psoriasis?
- 7 Easy Ways To Use Olive Oil To Get Rid Of Acne Scars
- 3 Amazing Ways To Use Banana Peel For Treating Mosquito Bites
- 15 Amazing Health Benefits Of Red Banana
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 8 Marvelous Benefits Of Cottage Cheese - September 1, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- A to Z Of Diverticulitis Diet - August 27, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015