Do you know that castor oil can actually get rid of acne? In fact, it has many surprising beauty and health benefits, such as keeping your skin looking young and healthy. It prevents, treats and heals acne and reduces the presence of scarring.
So in case you are fed up of those acne scars on your face and couldn’t do much about it, castor oil is something you should start using right away!
Want to know how this wonder oil helps in treating acne? Then go ahead and read this post!
[ Read: Baking Soda For Treating Acne ]
Castor Oil For Acne – How It Works:
When skin impurities get collected and cause irritation, acne results with accompanying inflammation. Castor oil plays a brilliant role in extracting all the dirt, dead skin cells, bacteria, excess oil and other impurities and unclogs the pores.
For this reason, castor oil is considered very effective for getting rid of acne, the method being called the ‘oil cleansing method.’ By this method, castor oil penetrates the skin and gets rid of a majority of acne breakouts.
How Castor Oil Is Used To Get Rid Of Acne:
By following this step-by-step method, you can use castor oil successfully on acne-sensitive skin and prevent any further development of acne. But before actually following the below-mentioned steps, it is necessary to do a patch test to see if castor oil suits you.
For this, steam your face with hot water so that your pores open. Then, apply castor oil on all the acne-prone parts of your complexion. If there is no reaction, you can keep the oil overnight. If there is some reaction, rinse your face immediately.
[ Read: Use Olive Oil To Get Rid Of Acne Scars ]
Steps To Use Castor Oil To Get Rid Of Acne:
- Get a few towels ready and boil some water in a pot. Pour out the water into a pan.
- Cover your head with the towel and bend your head over the pan of hot water.
- You will soon find your pores opening up and getting ready for castor oil treatment.
- Use circular movements to massage the oil into the acne-sensitive spots of your face, shoulders, back, chest and legs.
- Wet another towel in warm water and wipe your face with it to get rid of the castor oil.
- Now, bathe your skin with cold water to contract your pores.
- Wipe your skin dry and top it up with castor oil to moisturize it.
If you carry out this treatment for two weeks, you can see a significant change in your skin. If you want to use it to prevent the further occurrence of acne, you should make sure not to use castor oil for more than a couple of times each week.
How Castor Oil Can Be Used:
You can use castor oil either in the form of oil, as we know it, or in the form of soap bars or facial cleansers.
1. Soap Bars:
These days, castor oil is a prominent component of organic and natural facial soaps, thanks to its cleansing properties. To use these soap bars, wet your face using warm water and wet the soap bar with tap water. Work up lather in your palms and massage your face with it. Rinse your face with warm water and follow it up with cold water to help close your pores.
[ Read: Banana Peel To Treat Acne ]
2. Facial Cleansers:
Beauty experts say that the potent effects of castor oil must be diluted by mixing it with some essential oils. To make a facial cleanser using castor oil, remember to add a lot of sunflower oil. If you have oily skin, use 75% of sunflower oil.
Castor oil is a silent worker that not many people look to for results anymore, but it is still effective and can be relied upon for prevention and treatment of acne.
Now that you know how to use castor oil for acne, make sure to use it as required! Have you ever applied castor oil for acne prone skin? What were the results? Do you know of other ways how castor oil can help maintain a healthy skin? Share with us in the comments section!
- Benefits of Castor Oil
- Is Castor Oil Effective For Solving Scalp Problems?
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil For Your Eyes
- Is Castor Oil Helpful To Treat Baldness?
- 5 Simple Ways To Use Castor Oil For Stomach Cleansing
Latest posts by Renold Rajan (see all)
- Why Should You Use Coconut Oil For Tanning? - September 2, 2015
- Beware! 10 Side Effects Of Lemon Myrtle Tea - August 31, 2015
- Stillman Diet: The What, The How And The Why - August 17, 2015
- How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Spider Veins - August 17, 2015
- 10 Best Vipassana Meditation Centres In India - August 17, 2015