Some people have very light eyebrows and it often seems as if they have no eyebrows at all! Also, there are others who dye their hair and want their eyebrows to have the same shade. So what can they do? Most of them use various techniques to darken their eyebrows. A dark, well shaped eyebrow can really change the way your face looks, making it more attractive and young. Here are a few techniques that you can use if you want to make eyebrows darker.
How To Darken Eyebrows?
1. Darkening Eyebrows Through Dyes:
One method to darken eyebrows is by using synthetic dyes. This can be done by a professional at a salon or at home.This is how to make eyebrows darker with dyes:
- If you decide to dye it on your own, you should purchase a kit that is especially made for dyeing eyebrows and not for hair.
- You should choose a dye that is a few shades lighter than the normal hair colour, as eyebrows are never the same shade as your hair.
- If the eyebrows are darker or have the same colour as that of your hair, then they will look unnatural and out of place.
- If you decide to dye your eyebrows at home, then do remember to mix the dye according to the instructions given in the kit and then apply and leave it on the eyebrows for the specified time.
- While applying the dye, be careful not to cause injury to the eyes, these chemicals can cause eye irritation and allergy, so keep them away from the eyes!
2. Darkening Eyebrows Through Make-Up:
Another method of darkening the eyebrows is through various makeup products available in the market such as eye-shadow, mascara and eyeliner. However, this method is not permanent and works for a day.
- While doing make-up, take the mascara brush and simply dip it once in the tube.
- Lift the brush and get some of the mascara off by rubbing the brush on the outline of the tube.
- Swipe the brush gently on the eyebrows, so that it applies evenly without smearing and appearing too dark.
- Sometimes a little bit of touch-up is required to make it look perfect.
3. Darkening Eyebrows Through Eye-Shadow:
A third way of darkening the eyebrows is through an eye shadow. This is the easiest method but the disadvantage is that it comes off very quickly, so one has to reapply it frequently.
- Take an eye shadow brush and dip it in the colour that is similar to one’s original eyebrow colour.
- Simply stroke the brush along the eyebrows to make them look darker and fuller.
- Choose a lighter shade than the earlier one and brush the colour on the eyebrows softly, so that one does not end up with a very dark eyebrow.
How To Shape And Style Your Eyebrows:
- If you want to flaunt your eyebrows, then first you have to create the perfect shape and adjust the thickness and contour according to the shape of your face. This can be done with the help of tweezers and scissors.
- Eyebrow pencils are a must have while styling the eyebrows. Pencils work perfectly as they provide dimension and also add volume to flat and thin eyebrows.
- Eye-shadow is another essential tool in shaping the eyebrows. This is ideal if you want to keep the brows dark for longer periods of time and to provide a different look according to the occasion.
- Gels also help in lightening a dark eyebrow or keeping in place an un-shapely brow.
Proper styling and make-up can take years off the face and also help in flaunting the eyebrows. If one has a great eyebrow then it helps in framing the eye. It also flatters the face and above all, provides balance without compromising the rest of the make-up.
Well-groomed brows are important as they can make or break the whole make-up look. If you want to look your best, never ever ignore your eyebrows. Keep them in shape!
- How To Shape Your Eyebrows With A Razor?
- Top 5 Celebrities With Tattooed Eyebrows Look So Stunning!
- Top 10 Eyebrow Shapes For Asian Women
- Perfect Eyebrow Shapes For Round Face
Latest posts by Neha Jalan (see all)
- Top 10 Detangling Hair Brushes in India - February 26, 2014
- 3 Simple Techniques To Darken Your Eyebrows - February 24, 2014
- Red Hair Color Guide – Which Color Suits You The Best? - February 24, 2014
- Neutral Hair Colour Guide – Which Colour Suits You The Best? - February 24, 2014